Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So I screwed up. I need some options ...

I might finally permanently quit this game. Here is why ...

Finally the South Wind Drake was at the BMAH. So after selecting the item and placing the bid, I realized to my horror that I used the "Hot Item" box and not the proper Bid box and placed my 150,000 bid on a worthless Brawlers Guild Invitation. Why is there two bid boxes?

This is obviously a honest mistake because who would pay 150,000 gold on an item that will be free or close to it in the future. In fact on my realm I don't think I saw one of these Brawler Guild invites for more than 20kg.

11/29/2012 6:35 PM
    Paronharth
    Customer Service Representative
    Greetings !@#$%^,

It looks like you accidentally bid on the Brawler's Guild invitation in the black market auction house instead of the South Wind Drake. The black market auction house was designed by the developers to be risky business, and because of that game masters are not allowed to interfere with purchases or bids made there unless the player can't use the item at all.

Regards,

Game Master Paronharth
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    us.battle.net/support
    My response to the GM
    So I lost 150,000 gold because of a bad video game? I do not accept this as a vaild customer response. 150gk market price is over 200 dollars! Should I go to ebay and buy some gold then? Because right now I am very pissed off! I understand that you probably do not dictate policy but your fucking black auction house broke the game for me! And by the way, I took that stupid "Blood Soaked Invitation" and deleted it!
    EDIT: I deleted my rage response. I am still mad but life goes on...
    Last edited by zEmini; 2012-12-02 at 11:24 AM.

So you failed and decided to blame it on the game? And then deleted the invitate when you could've sold the 10 invites and practically getting your money back. Ok. You should quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I have finally decided to permanently quit this game. Here is why ...
    Well if you play with your eyes closed you only have a 50% to hit the right button.
    Better luck next time and i applaud you for taking the Illidan challenge.

Indeed, your fuck up your problem

Its exactly the same as doing a undying run, clearing it all, someone dies on anub, and you contact a gm to say you should get it because you didnt die and they fucked up
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    So you failed and decided to blame it on the game? And then deleted the invitate when you could've sold the 10 invites and practically getting your money back. Ok. You should quit.
    Yah because it was a mistake? Obvious is obvious...

The black market auction house was designed by the developers to be risky business, and because of that game masters are not allowed to interfere with purchases or bids made there unless the player can't use the item at all.
    Right there proves it is a bad game policy.

Deleted
    It's your own stupid mistake. Don't blame Blizzard for it.

I feel you bro

Even though it was your fault, I had the same thing, however, for me it was just a low bid for about 2k gold which was outbitted later. They should remove that "Hot Item box".

Sounds like its your own damn fault.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

lol you sure come across as a bright spark. You screwed up and bid on the wrong item then contacted a GM. Fair enough I'd do the same... but when they said no you had a little nerd rage. Deleted the item, started thinking about buying gold off Ebay then cancelled your sub because YOU screwed up? that's... yeah. Good work....

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Pretty much this, but your rage post was fun to read OP.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2012-12-02 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    so basically you messed up werent paying attention to what you were doing and its blizzards fault? do us a favor and please do quit the game, less self righteous assholes playing the better

10+ Year Old Account
    hehehehe, thanks for the laugh^^

Just in case this is actually legit: you screwed up. Not Blizz, not God, YOU.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quit the game , or grind out another 150k ? it's just time you lost.

Remove the name to avoid getting infracted.

OT: Well, it's a sad story but the loading screen tip says " Bid carefully" ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Your last response to the GM wasn't really friendly, if you want a problem sorted at least be nice about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    hehehehe, thanks for the laugh^^

Just in case this is actually legit: you screwed up. Not Blizz, not God, YOU.
    No Blizzard screwed up actually.

This sums it up. Be less retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can any dignified human being not see this as a issue? Are you jealous I had 150kg? Seriously? Get over it.

Even though i will admit the BMAH is badly designed you aint gonna get much sympathy here

bottom line is you fucked up and blizz said its your fault either you can man up and laugh it off or just quit and find another game to play

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    No Blizzard screwed up actually.
    How? By designing a BMAH that is intentionally risky on it's bids, and providing a clear interface for bidding on both the item you want, or an item you may have missed that is popular at the moment on the AH?

EDIT: Also, your thread title is severely misleading. You say you screwed up in the title, then deny it repeatedly in the thread. You also ask for options, but you only have two. Man up and keep playing, or man up and go through with quitting. Have fun!
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2012-12-02 at 10:36 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.