Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

PvP servers sucks.

Well unfair world pvp is unfair.

People can come gank low levels without penalties but we cant gank them back. How is this fair?

What i mean is that high levels can fly around and gank low levels and camp them, but when you come back on your main youre just standing there like a total idiot while they fly up in the sky avoiding any pvp contact.

I dont get it. If they can punish us questers for picking up the wrong faction, how cant we punish them for killing low levels? This is not the pvp server i want. I want to fight people, this is war.

Seriously, those arguments people put up are worth nothing. Here let me list some:

1. Its your fault for rolling a pvp server, you should have known the rules.

-Okay, but, i rolled a pvp server in vanilla. When mounts had a THREE seconds cast time and flying mounts didnt exist. So its pretty fair for me to say that world pvp sucks hard today.

2. Dont like pvp? Roll a pve server.

-These people are the reason world pvp will always sucks. If many are agreeing with that, then Blizzard will never listen to the people who got a point.

What we are trying to say here is that we want to force gankers to do pvp. If those gankers are forcing our alts to get one shot, then why are we that says that we want to FORCE the gankers to pvp with us, treathed like we dont belong in a pvp server?

We are SUGGESTING that gankers should be punished, but sadly so many people are against this idea as it doesnt belong in a pvp server our suggestions gets ignored by Blizzard.

And at the same time, when these "pvp pros" gets forced into pvp while PVEING, they will whine in the official forums and because so few actually pvps in a pvp server in equal fights, Blizzard will go ahead and make these parts more antipvp. Its just sad.

Let me take an example: A huge expansion neutral city where pvp is always on and there are no guards. Pvp players are enjoying it but these scrubs that gank low levels are whining in the official forums and it does not take any long until it turns into a sanctuary.

Pvp sucks and will always suck until Blizzard actually listens to us that wants pure all out pvp where noone can get away. I am still in a pvp server on my lvl 90 but as everyone just flies away in flying mounts/abuse phasing im just standing in the cities queueing for bgs. Oh wait, i already quit.

PvP expansion, lol. More like PvEs-punishing-PvP expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-12-02 at 12:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well time to break you despite you've stated it

You've rolled on a PVP server and pvp is happening what else?
    So once more as you've once again stated go to a pvE server and you wouldn't have a problem hell or even this thread. Punish a ganker for being on a PVP server? Ahahaha cmon this is GOLDEN right here

PvP expansion, lol. More like PvEs-punishing-PvP expansion.
    You rolled... on a PVP server LOL. This is possibly one of the most entertaining threads out there.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-12-02 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Gotta agree. I recently rolled on a PvP server, and I knew what I was getting into. People are going to gank if the game allows - its part of the server style. You can't punish people for playing the game within the rules.

Best thing to do? Level up fast, get revenge.

Deleted
    WTB Tenacity?

Deleted
    There is an item called "Hardened Shell" 15 min CD dissmounts a player, perfect for those moments you want to own that ganker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Pvp sucks and will always suck until Blizzard actually listens to us that wants pure all out pvp where noone can get away. I am still in a pvp server on my lvl 90 but as everyone just flies away in flying mounts/abuse phasing im just standing in the cities queueing for bgs. Oh wait, i already quit.
    So, it will suck until Blizzard listens to you, personally. And if you've quit, why do you care? Move on with your life, stop stalking a game you don't play any more to try to get bad changes made that wont affect you.

Along with the "Dailies are not mandatory" in massive red letters, I think they should add "Roll on a PvP realm, expect to get ganked a few times" in massive big red letters on the homepage and maybe fewer whiny pussies will complain about it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

While i agree that there should be a better way to prevent people from ganking low levels (maybe a debuff preventing you from mounting a flying mount for 5minutes after killing grey players) i cannot stop to wonder and laugh why so many people complain about world pvp now when it seems that so many complained to blizzard that they want world pvp.

World pvp will never ever be fair. why attack someone when you risk losing when you can attack him while he fights 4 mobs.
    Deal with it.

Although I totally hear and agree with you OP, you are in the very very small minority here. People on pvp servers will not side with you - and although the process "evolved" from when you rolled on the server in vanilla - you did in the end still choose pvp and all that comes with it.
    Side note here: although NOTHING in video games can be related to real life because that's just crazy... If I had to correlate this behavior to a real life action I'd say it would be akin to killing kids or small animals those who are completely defenseless against a stronger individual. Sure, they can scream for their parents (lvl 90s) but by the time they get there the pussy ganker will be long gone - because none of them can really pvp in a "fair" situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Well time to break you despite you've stated it

So once more as you've once again stated go to a pvE server and you wouldn't have a problem hell or even this thread. Punish a ganker for being on a PVP server? Ahahaha cmon this is GOLDEN right here

You rolled... on a PVP server LOL. This is possibly one of the most entertaining threads out there.
    Are you trying to make me look stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanodar View Post
    There is an item called "Hardened Shell" 15 min CD dissmounts a player, perfect for those moments you want to own that ganker.
    Having a 15 min CD is a reason enough that this item sucks hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    So, it will suck until Blizzard listens to you, personally. And if you've quit, why do you care? Move on with your life, stop stalking a game you don't play any more to try to get bad changes made that wont affect you.
    It will suck until Blizzard brings back the old team, i mean. The ones in vanilla that hated pve players so much.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Along with the "Dailies are not mandatory" in massive red letters, I think they should add "Roll on a PvP realm, expect to get ganked a few times" in massive big red letters on the homepage and maybe fewer whiny pussies will complain about it...
    Well thats not my point. Im whining because the pvp sucks. I want to fight like i did in vanilla. Is it hard to understand?
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-12-02 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post

Having a 15 min CD is a reason enough that this item sucks hard.
    Its enough to get your revenge

This is caused by flying, this is why I hate flying. My PvP server would be 100x more enjoyable if I could kill people ganking me without them flying up and waiting

if there were no flying PvP servers, I'd be in before the servers opened!

Sometimes PvP servers can be annoying, but thats the name of the game honey. There is no restrictions, but thats where guilds come in handy. Have some people run with you, strength in numbers. If it is bugging you that much tho, roll a paly, glyph righteous retreat, then u can bubble hearth, thus thwarting the ganker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanodar View Post
    Its enough to get your revenge
    Yeah but how do you use it if the ganker flies 100 yards up in the air?

I am sick of seeing these threads, but on the other hand im sick of the "you rolled on a pvp server" responses.
    i would have no problem pvping on a pvp server if it was with people around my level, i even think it would be fun, maybe even get some XP from killing relevant leveled players.
    what is not fun is a max-level player swooping down from the sky on a flying mount, killing you in one swing of a sword, mounting up and flying of in less than 3 seconds, that is just raping the definition of what pvp servers are supposed to be.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree in the fact that I love PvP, but it annoys me when I get ganked on an Alt, so I jump on my main to have a good ol' scrap with the offender and they just stay mounted or run away.

I don't think the OP is complaining about PvP.

Just the very nature of not being able to get revenge because the gankers can just stay at distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP servers have World PvP on them that Blizzard cannot enforce fair rules on either side.

If you want to be on a PvP server but have fair rules, Wintergrasp and Tol Barad exist on PvE servers and are both World PvP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people seem to expect everyone to be "honorable" in world pvp. Its really foolish to expect people to "play fair" in an online internet game where there are no repercussions.

Besides, I thought the reason people liked world pvp was because it was random and chaotic. I think the OP should play some Arena, Rated BG's if he wants to play in a "fair" setting.

If you're looking to find people around your level to fight, then you're playing the wrong game. The item level differences between expansions have pretty much ruined any hope of actually taking down a max level player. In Classic Wow, two level 30s could take out a bad level 60. Today, 100 level 30s can't even scratch a level 90.

In other words, get to max level, gank, then get ganked by bigger 90s who've grinded the gear treadmill longer than you. This game has always been based around a totem pole hierarchy.

I am sorry to break your dreamin, but those gankers that you have descriped are hardly the majority of pvp players......they are very rare nowdays. Not only cause of flying mounts, but cause of no gain for ganking at all and lots to do elswhere. If i get ever ganked, as rare as it is, and i only play on high populated pvp servers(on the right side i might add) i do not care at all.i avoid them.

If i want fun and go to the outland portal to fight some lvl90 allies, some lowies might come into my collateral dmg cleave, i do not care at all. I do not care if a lowie dies or not. i certainly do not hunt them on purpose and fly to avoid a real fight.

You post all this, as if EVERYONE is an annoying ganker. C'mon lol

Ganking is really annoying while you are trying to lvl up, but personally if someone start ganking me I just log off and take some time off the game.. sure it sucks if you only have like an hour given to play that day but there is really no alternative, either peace out for some time or be ganked...