Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not so epic if either the Alliance or Horde outnumber you with 10 to 1. I've found the first quests pretty good to establish your base on the island, but after that it became just another daily hub. And I don't really like the gated story progression quests, its just another excuse to keep the subs subbed..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    its just another excuse to keep the subs subbed..
    There are other things to do beside that remember, it also gives the illusion of time passing between events.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Not enough time, you have to actually do them over a few days to gain rep for the actual story quests ? dislike the lore etc then this patch is not for you.
    Daily quest patches / expansions are not for me. I accept that, and I understand that the daily quest model is best for revenues. But I think it's time for Blizzard to experiment with other ways of telling an interesting story that don't involve dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Daily quest patches / expansions are not for me. I accept that, and I understand that the daily quest model is best for revenues. But I think it's time for Blizzard to experiment with other ways of telling an interesting story that don't involve dailies.
    They already have been. Scenarios are starting to fulfill their purpose than when they first started. The story added to dailies is part of the carrot on the stick for dailies, and I for one, think it works great. For every faction in MoP, I've truly enjoyed getting to the next level in reputation due to the story (especially the Golden Lotus). The main story is already there - they just add onto it through dailies, scenarios, a small amount in dungeons, lore objects, etc.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I fucking love 5.1 and think its very epic.

Dsnt get better than seeing the Horde and Alliance war machines clashing head on.
    I also wanna get in that mood! how do you enjoy the 5 a 6 dailies a day so much?? do i need to be a Rper? i do alot of pvp but nothing is happening there on my server bronze dragonflight EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    I also wanna get in that mood! how do you enjoy the 5 a 6 dailies a day so much?? do i need to be a Rper? i do alot of pvp but nothing is happening there on my server bronze dragonflight EU.
    You do not need to be a RP'er. If you just want to pvp, grab the daily quests anyways and just start pvp'ing - you'll get a few of them complete for doing what you wanted to do. If your server doesn't have a lot going on, ask a friend from another server to invite you for some CRZ action. If you do not have one, ask in the PVP forum if someone would be willing to invite you to their servers for some world pvp. Have fun with it.

Deleted
    It's amazing on Argent Dawn: EU! Seriously, I just came from a major battle first started at the Alliance base, then fighting through getting hundreds of player kills, the battle moving to the Horde base, the boss being killed while regrouping took place, then the Alliance got thrown out and it all ended with a huge battle around the goblin area. It was an amazing experience, even for someone without a single piece of PvP gear simply because of groups being both abundant and healers being friendly. It was amazing.

So yeah, I love this expansion. I don't do PvP gear and in 1v1, 5v5 etc. I'll be the first guy mauled. But in major groups where I get time to make a diffrence, god it's amazing and that's what Krasarang has brought to my playstyle. I cannot complain even lightly from this patch, it's amazing.

I actually really, really like it.

The questline is very well constructed and you can see the story is progressing along, even in the dailies, at a great pace.

And, guys, this is coming from someone who HATES dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Unless you're a Night Elf .
    Hush Tyrande!
    God damn that annoyed me. Varian went from being the pinnacle of rash and swift judgments to a leader that contemplates everything for an hour before making a move...

I'm all for growth, but man, he seemingly turned overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    God damn that annoyed me. Varian went from being the pinnacle of rash and swift judgments to a leader that contemplates everything for an hour before making a move...

Seeing an entire new landmass like Pandaria, and after all this time of neglecting the advice from his son for example may have finally changed him.

Not just that, but after the events of Tides of War, it'd be more apparent if he started to listen more. If he's brash in this war, he will lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Its absolutely amazing. Landfall is the best thing that ever happened to World of Warcraft.

I refuse to do a single daily quest.

Which in turn reveals how little content is really in the game at the moment. It's easy to burn through all the dungeons/raids and be left with nothing to do. IMO it's bad design.

Deleted
    Epic? No.

I really enjoy it but I'd by no means consider it epic. I especially enjoy the little things, like the Grummle trader in the Horde base who basically predicts the failure of Horde operations because it smells of bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post

Meh Varian's portrayal really didn't bug me. He wanted to draw them out into the open by essentially setting up a blockade and laying traps. Sounds perfectly reasonable and smart.

But Tyrande man...
    "Let's charge headlong at a fortified temple derp!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    They already have been. Scenarios are starting to fulfill their purpose than when they first started. The story added to dailies is part of the carrot on the stick for dailies, and I for one, think it works great. For every faction in MoP, I've truly enjoyed getting to the next level in reputation due to the story (especially the Golden Lotus). The main story is already there - they just add onto it through dailies, scenarios, a small amount in dungeons, lore objects, etc.
    Maybe somebody can help me with this. What was the purpose of Lion's Landing and the Assault on Zan'vess scenarios?

The first one seemed completely redundant. Defend your base from a horde invasion. Basically an extension of the daily experience there.

The 2nd one had no real closure, and wasn't really explained well I thought. The horde found something, and then we kill some mantids?

Meh.

Haven't done any dailies or the Scenario. Gearing my dk tank more then anything else. I dont need the reputation for epics so why bother?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems alright to me. a bit short, but then most daily hubs don't have too much to do. I do object to the animal fights/trapping though.. it seems very counter pandarian. And my toon as a champion of Chi-ji would certainly not be killing cranes for sport. so i skip those dailies.. and honestly feel there should be alternate quests to say try to stop the practice for those that don't agree with them.

i'm finding the side quests to be more interesting than the dailies.

Today i helped Chen keep Vol'jin from dying. That was a cool experience.

Its ok for what it is, but its far from epic. There is not a thing that makes me go " Wow this is awesome ".

I like the atmosphere and the lore that goes along with it. The dailies are just dailies.