TellMeWhen addon in action for ret & prot pallies video

Sharing my Tellmewhen configuration setup for ret & prot pally. Power Auras and Weakauras were giving me a lot of problems at the start of MOP (couldn't config some icons anymore or some would not show at random) so I've switched to Tellmewhen and never looked back.

You can find the import string here, I've also posted my Monk setup here. (Got approval by the mod Syntaxx to post this)

Watch the vids in 1080p HD. Here's a screenshot first with pro Paint skills explaining some basic stuff. Obviously not all of that is shown, the groups of icons are linked into Meta icons (the Eye icons). I use this basic setup principle for all my toons. 3 icons for abilities (the 3 white square ones, it's also clear in the next screenshot), an icon to the left of the center ability for cooldowns (and for some specs one on the right of it for situational abilities), and 2 times 2 icons for buffs/debuffs just above my action bars, with sometimes smaller icons on top of them if more are needed.

On the left and right are 3 pvp icons: left are my own debuffs, on the right are 1) target immunities, 2) disarm&silences, 3) snares&roots. I have my own loss of control TMW bar cause the blizzard one's font looks horrible cause I use Fonter and haven't been able to fix that yet.

Here's a video of Retribution in action

If you can't watch videos at the moment here's a screenshot

Here's a video of Protection in action

Notes if you want to import these icons:
    • If you have a ret or prot spec, regardless of what tree you use for them they will work.
    • You can edit or delete the ones that are not useful.
    • You can move or swap icons by dragging them with right click to another place in another or newly created Tellmewhen row/column.
    • The most important icons have the Activation border, others don't. This is configured in the Events tab.
    • Some abilities are configured through conditions to only show for a Dungeon boss, Raid boss or if your target is PVP flagged (like DPS cooldowns.) And some abilities will not show if your target is a Dungeon or Raid boss, like Blinding Light to which they are immune. These conditions only work if your character is level 90.
    • If you don't understand the functioning of an icon, check its config and its conditions page.
    • My setup is used mostly for solo play, Heroic Dungeons, LFR and PVP Battlegrounds, you may need to adjust some icons accordingly if you prefer other modes of play.
    • If you have any questions I'd be happy to help, or you can go to the Curse page of Tellmewhen.
    • There's also a heroism icon at the top
    • FYI the other addons visible in the screenshot are: Unitframes: Pitbull. Minimap: Sexymap. Action Bars: Bartender (Razer Naga mouse setup). Chat windows: Basicchatmods. Combat text: Mikscrollingbattletext. Auras on playerframes and topright, and cooldown timer left bottom window near the chat window: Raven.

You can find the import string here, I've also posted my Monk setup here. Let me know if you have any advice to improve upon it! And I hope this is useful to some!
    Last edited by Elrandir; 2012-12-02 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    Very nice videos, but not for me. I can do al that with 2 addons that use far less memory space. Either way, thank you for sharing.

+1

Thanks, care to share which addons you use?

Deleted
    Why is everything so spread out (watched the prot paladin video) instead of being nicely clumped up so you don't need to move your eyes all over the place?

Ah well the buffs are a bit clumped up. The ability icons are in their places so for some specs when something pops up at its place, I know instinctively which button to press. (Using this setup for tanking, dps and pvp). It's my holy trinity of auras ;p

Not 100% up to date, but I noticed you used Guardian straight away. From memory, shouldn't you be waiting until it stacks up? Generally about 10seconds or so, and then pop all your other CDs.

OT: I do this with my chars too, it's a neat addon TMW. Though I wouldn't have it so spread out.

Since patch 5.1 doesn't need it to stack to 3 anymore, Tiger Power only has one stack and Guard only needs 1. Guard is macro'd after Tiger palm, so one Tiger palm gives me Tiger Power and Guard straight away if I have the chi - if I don't, I apply Tiger Power first. You guys like your auras close together I see! ;p
    Last edited by Elrandir; 2012-12-02 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Since patch 5.1 doesn't need it to stack to 3 anymore, Tiger Power only has one stack and Guard only needs 1. Guard is macro'd after Tiger palm, so one Tiger palm gives me Tiger Power and Guard straight away if I have the chi - if I don't, I apply Tiger Power first. You guys like your auras close together I see! ;p
    If you were replying to me, I was referring to the Ret Pally's GoAK.

Oh geez my bad, pally isn't my main. Thanks for the heads up, adjusted the tmw to show AW & Trinket when 20 stacks of Ancient Power are active.

edit: vid updated too ;p with epic belt malfunction at the end lol, thanks Treelife.
    Last edited by Elrandir; 2012-12-02 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Thanks, care to share which addons you use?
    Blessed & Tidy Plates

All i need really, much lighter too. But i like your assortment of addons. Just too much to watch for my taste.

What addon are you using that tell us that Your cd is off, while it's ticking (sound)?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    What addon are you using that tell us that Your cd is off, while it's ticking (sound)?
    That's Mikscrollingbattletext doing that, the combat text addon.