Sharing my Tellmewhen configuration setup for ret & prot pally. Power Auras and Weakauras were giving me a lot of problems at the start of MOP (couldn't config some icons anymore or some would not show at random) so I've switched to Tellmewhen and never looked back.
You can find the import string here, I've also posted my Monk setup here. (Got approval by the mod Syntaxx to post this)
Watch the vids in 1080p HD. Here's a screenshot first with pro Paint skills explaining some basic stuff. Obviously not all of that is shown, the groups of icons are linked into Meta icons (the Eye icons). I use this basic setup principle for all my toons. 3 icons for abilities (the 3 white square ones, it's also clear in the next screenshot), an icon to the left of the center ability for cooldowns (and for some specs one on the right of it for situational abilities), and 2 times 2 icons for buffs/debuffs just above my action bars, with sometimes smaller icons on top of them if more are needed.
On the left and right are 3 pvp icons: left are my own debuffs, on the right are 1) target immunities, 2) disarm&silences, 3) snares&roots. I have my own loss of control TMW bar cause the blizzard one's font looks horrible cause I use Fonter and haven't been able to fix that yet.
Here's a video of Retribution in action
If you can't watch videos at the moment here's a screenshot
Here's a video of Protection in action
Notes if you want to import these icons:
- If you have a ret or prot spec, regardless of what tree you use for them they will work.
- You can edit or delete the ones that are not useful.
- You can move or swap icons by dragging them with right click to another place in another or newly created Tellmewhen row/column.
- The most important icons have the Activation border, others don't. This is configured in the Events tab.
- Some abilities are configured through conditions to only show for a Dungeon boss, Raid boss or if your target is PVP flagged (like DPS cooldowns.) And some abilities will not show if your target is a Dungeon or Raid boss, like Blinding Light to which they are immune. These conditions only work if your character is level 90.
- If you don't understand the functioning of an icon, check its config and its conditions page.
- My setup is used mostly for solo play, Heroic Dungeons, LFR and PVP Battlegrounds, you may need to adjust some icons accordingly if you prefer other modes of play.
- If you have any questions I'd be happy to help, or you can go to the Curse page of Tellmewhen.
- There's also a heroism icon at the top
- FYI the other addons visible in the screenshot are: Unitframes: Pitbull. Minimap: Sexymap. Action Bars: Bartender (Razer Naga mouse setup). Chat windows: Basicchatmods. Combat text: Mikscrollingbattletext. Auras on playerframes and topright, and cooldown timer left bottom window near the chat window: Raven.
You can find the import string here, I've also posted my Monk setup here. Let me know if you have any advice to improve upon it! And I hope this is useful to some!