Thread: I3-3220

  1. #1

    I3-3220

    Will the Intel i3-3220 3.3ghz coupled with an AMD radeon HD 6850 be able to run WoW on ultra with acceptable FPS in 10man raids?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    3,861
    Yes. You might not get a full 60 FPS but, it's more than capable of running it at 50+

    I run it on high at 60 FPS with a ATI Mobility Radeon 5730 and an I7 M-620 at 2.6ghz at a solid 60 FPS, I just don't care about the looks enough to bump to higher graphic settings.

    I3 might be what's bottle necking you here, two cores isn't amazing but if it's only 10 man, you should be good.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Detroit mi
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yes. You might not get a full 60 FPS but, it's more than capable of running it at 50+

    I run it on high at 60 FPS with a ATI Mobility Radeon 5730 and an I7 M-620 at 2.6ghz at a solid 60 FPS, I just don't care about the looks enough to bump to higher graphic settings.

    I3 might be what's bottle necking you here, two cores isn't amazing but if it's only 10 man, you should be good.
    i dont believe wow uses more then 2 cores currently, for a budget setup this will work fine. though there may be a better card available for the price of a 6850 if you are buying now.

    i just did a google search and it looks like they are around 150$ still, and i know microcenter is selling gtx 570s for 150$ if you are lucky enough to live by one, but either way deals on last generations cards are all over, but to your original question that setup will handle 10m at ultra nicely, maybe shadows turned down a notch.
    Intel [email protected]
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    i dont believe wow uses more then 2 cores currently, for a budget setup this will work fine. though there may be a better card available for the price of a 6850 if you are buying now.
    Well, then don't think and look it up. Wow Uses 3 main threads and a few smaller threads, so any quadcore will trump a dualcore in WoW. Beyond quad only cache memory will add extra performance, and clockspeed offcourse. However, the i3-3220 has HT, so it'll be fine. Long as you dont push the settings, and be a little easy on the recount-style-mods it should be just fine.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2012-12-25 at 10:59 AM.

  5. #5
    The keyword you have given us is 10man, which should be ok, but don't expect to be running on full ultra, unless you're playing on really low monitor resolutions.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    The keyword you have given us is 10man, which should be ok, but don't expect to be running on full ultra, unless you're playing on really low monitor resolutions.
    Minimum fps doesn't deteriorate on lower resolution. It just caps out. Like for example playing with a i3-3220 in combination with a GTX690. Then the framerate would be identical on 800x600 and at 1920x1080 because the minimum/averate framerate would be determined by the processor speed. Maximum framerate could fluctuate depending on the performance of the GPU.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Quintana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopla View Post
    Will the Intel i3-3220 3.3ghz coupled with an AMD radeon HD 6850 be able to run WoW on ultra with acceptable FPS in 10man raids?
    A 6850 will most certainly do the trick, you may have trouble finding one given most have been discontinued. If you haven't already made your purchase a 650 Ti would perform the same if not better for about $140 give or take a few.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •