Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    6,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Nabs build will run games in higher fps... Better graphic card, clueless people.
    Unfortunately the only one clueless is you since you fail to realize Nab's first build was US links so yes the budget could fit a better GPU which was really the only real performance difference. My suggested build will have absolutely no problem running OP's games and the 7870 will have zero issues keeping up on 1080p. So if you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread and your only purpose is to confuse OP then please just refrain from replying.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I am clueless, hence the reason for asking for help, how would I know which of the 2 builds runs better :/
    Don't worry about his comment there is nothing wrong.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Windows 8 Security 2013 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    How constructive of you.
    Nothing personally..

    Don't you think Nab's build is just better than yours?

    OCZ power supplies are bad compared to antec's.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Stravs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Uk Cumbrian Lake District
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well MSI board's PCB is just genious. http://content.hwigroup.net/images/p...z77_mpower.jpg

    The resistors are not sticking 5 meters like Asus and Asus uses a weak pcb :/
    Weak PCB 0.o how would one know such a thing unless they have tried playing cards with it :P
    i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz-Asus Sabertooth P67 B3 8gb Corsair XMS-3
    EVGA GTX 670 4tw 4gb
    CreativeX-Fi Titanium Pro paired with (Corsair SP2500)
    Corsair HX850
    250gb Samsung 840 ssd
    Silverstone Raven 3

  4. #24
    Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Weak PCB 0.o how would one know such a thing unless they have tried playing cards with it :P
    because asus cards are saggy? (seen some clear examples of that in post gaming setup thread)
    bends of the original pcb isn't unheard of either with those cards.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Vinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Climbin' In yo Windows
    Posts
    422
    Imo, I think the SSD's aren't overrated, In fact, I believe them to be the best bang for your buck in terms of performance of all options available to you.

    I'd put a 60gb drive in there for a boot drive and maybe for WoW. Let your HDD be for storage.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Stravs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Uk Cumbrian Lake District
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    because asus cards are saggy? (seen some clear examples of that in post gaming setup thread)
    bends of the original pcb isn't unheard of either with those cards.
    Yes it's called card sag and it's not just limited to 1 brand (Asus) besides wasn't this about motherboards
    i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz-Asus Sabertooth P67 B3 8gb Corsair XMS-3
    EVGA GTX 670 4tw 4gb
    CreativeX-Fi Titanium Pro paired with (Corsair SP2500)
    Corsair HX850
    250gb Samsung 840 ssd
    Silverstone Raven 3

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Weak PCB 0.o how would one know such a thing unless they have tried playing cards with it :P
    The pcb on the Asus p8z68-v or p8z77-v the pcb is really weak and you pretty much can feel it. They can be easily bown..

  8. #28
    Legendary! Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    6,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Imo, I think the SSD's aren't overrated, In fact, I believe them to be the best bang for your buck in terms of performance of all options available to you.

    I'd put a 60gb drive in there for a boot drive and maybe for WoW. Let your HDD be for storage.
    My build suggestion already have both an SSD and HDD.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Windows 8 Security 2013 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire Vinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Climbin' In yo Windows
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    My build suggestion already have both an SSD and HDD.
    Never said yours didn't :P My post was with reference to Jalfrezi saying they were overrated Should have been more clear with quotations!

  10. #30
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    The pcb on the Asus p8z68-v or p8z77-v the pcb is really weak and you pretty much can feel it. They can be easily bown..
    How weak can it really be? I've been running a P8Z68-V since February with no issues.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I am clueless, hence the reason for asking for help, how would I know which of the 2 builds runs better :/

    That was not aimed at you, I'm sorry.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

    4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
    How weak can it really be? I've been running a P8Z68-V since February with no issues.
    I tried to use my motherboard lately as a skateboard but it didn't end properly I lost a pci express slot and no more SLI for me :<

    Well if you're unhandy like me and if your motherboard is stuck to your case and you would pull it hard it might break :P

    Besides the pcb they use for their graphics cards are really solid

  13. #33
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,443
    I spent 1100 on my build and I can run Skyrim on Ultra High detail. And 1100 is even high for what I got, so you should be able to get something a bit more powerful for 1500.

  14. #34
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,517
    Parts are now rolling in, quick question though. Do the CPU coolers come with thermal paste? Or should I buy some? If so where from? Thanks !

  15. #35
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    375
    CPU coolers usually come with a layer of paste pre-applied. Never hurts to pick up your own, though. They're usually about $5-10 per bottle/tube.

    Edit: Looks like the one Notarget selected comes with a bottle. See the last picture in the product images. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...016&Tpk=NH-U9B
    Last edited by Parrin; 2012-12-14 at 06:42 PM.

  16. #36
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,517
    And would the paste supplied be a good quality? I've read that some aftermarket ones are really bad quality.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    And would the paste supplied be a good quality? I've read that some aftermarket ones are really bad quality.
    Anything that is already stuck to an AMD or Intel CPU Heatsink is usually excellent quality. You will notice minimal differences by changing it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    The pcb on the Asus p8z68-v or p8z77-v the pcb is really weak and you pretty much can feel it. They can be easily bown..
    Its by design.

    Anything rigid is more likely to break or get damaged if dropped etc as it doesn't have the flex to absorb the impact. A slightly softer board still has the strength you need to put the components in and out but has the extra benefit of being able to take any kind of major vibration or sudden drop.

    There's a reason F1 cars fuel tanks are made out of rubber!
    Last edited by Clampy; 2012-12-14 at 11:39 PM.

    | Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

  18. #38
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Anything that is already stuck to an AMD or Intel CPU Heatsink is usually excellent quality. You will notice minimal differences by changing it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:44 AM ----------



    Its by design.

    Anything rigid is more likely to break or get damaged if dropped etc as it doesn't have the flex to absorb the impact. A slightly softer board still has the strength you need to put the components in and out but has the extra benefit of being able to take any kind of major vibration or sudden drop.

    There's a reason F1 cars fuel tanks are made out of rubber!
    I'm not using the supplied heatsink, it's an extra bought one.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I'm not using the supplied heatsink, it's an extra bought one.
    Could you link which one you bought buddy? I couldn't, with any certainty, figure out which one you bought as multiple builds were linked . Better safe than sorry.

    Any high market cooler (as well as the Intel/AMD coolers) come with pre-applied thermal compound which is high quality stuff as I said in my above post. If you have one that comes with it, you do not need to buy anything extra, just put your CPU in - clamp it on and never remove it.

    If you remove your heatsink from the CPU at any time after its been heated, you will have to remove and reapply new thermal compound.

    | Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

  20. #40
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Could you link which one you bought buddy? I couldn't, with any certainty, figure out which one you bought as multiple builds were linked . Better safe than sorry.

    Any high market cooler (as well as the Intel/AMD coolers) come with pre-applied thermal compound which is high quality stuff as I said in my above post. If you have one that comes with it, you do not need to buy anything extra, just put your CPU in - clamp it on and never remove it.

    If you remove your heatsink from the CPU at any time after its been heated, you will have to remove and reapply new thermal compound.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/noct...ooler-nhu9bse2

    This one, so should I just use the supplied one that comes with it? i5 processor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •