10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post
    What have you done
    What in blazes have I DONE

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    So, as for the episode:

I was thoroughly unimpressed. Apparently Spike is completely incapable of doing anything that isn't fetching books or providing light, and that kind of ineptitude really strikes me as over the top and downright unnecessary. I can understand a little slapstick humor...but this was way too far and just made Spike look like a total idiot.

On the plus side, Rarity's expression as she's nudging her broken sink pipe is kind of priceless.
    Delayed, but don't care.

I've said it plenty of times, and I'll say it again... yes, the episode wasn't great. Yes, it was actually pretty bad. But when your superior comes up to you and says "We want you to write an episode about the old 'life debt' cliche. Character A saves Character B, then B tries to work off the debt. Eventually, A gets sick of it and tries to trick B into thinking the debt has been repaid. And then B actually DOES save A. And they live happily ever after!", there REALLY isn't much you can do to make it any better.

The poor guy who got stuck working on this episode's storyboard did the best he could. He was given a terrible, ancient, boring, overused cliche... and he actually made it sort of entertaining to watch. I count that as a win for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morning everypony.

What

have

you

done
    Hitler saves Mami-chan D:

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Well that could have made things more interesting, because Applejack would have then had the conflict of "Well he's helpful, but Twi needs him too".

It's all my fault. Blame me if you must.
    Starfish! How could you?!

also hai :3 was christmas good?

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Want me to make it awkward?
    Oh yes please~

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    We have to go deeper!
    No! It's too dangerous! What if you can't go back! What if it never ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    This

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8esuqn7sG1qi91quo1_1280.jpg[IMG]
    Is that a picture of Hitler saving a humanized Derpy from the weird black monster blob from Spirited Away?

Deleted

He's so seely.

Deleted
    Very well, fine sir!

I shall await you at the place.
    THE PLACE?

Good lord man, are you insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    THE PLACE?

What's the place, and why ain't I invited?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Delayed, but don't care.

I've said it plenty of times, and I'll say it again... yes, the episode wasn't great. Yes, it was actually pretty bad. But when your superior comes up to you and says "We want you to write an episode about the old 'life debt' cliche. Character A saves Character B, then B tries to work off the debt. Eventually, A gets sick of it and tries to trick B into thinking the debt has been repaid. And then B actually DOES save A. And they live happily ever after!", there REALLY isn't much you can do to make it any better.

The poor guy who got stuck working on this episode's storyboard did the best he could. He was given a terrible, ancient, boring, overused cliche... and he actually made it sort of entertaining to watch. I count that as a win for him.

Yo, check it out. TVTropes actually has a page for this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by TVTropes
    A standard plotline for single episodes would look like this:
    1. Character A saves the life of character B.
    2. While character A does not expect any huge return, character B insists that their strict moral code dictates that they return the favor by becomin A's servant and fulfill their every wish.
    3. Character B's well intended but incompetent "help" soon becomes bothersome for character A, but they are unable to make it stop.
    4. Character A and friends decide to stage a scene where B will be able to (seemingly) save A's life, thus returning the debt.
    5. For arbitrary reasons the faux danger becomes truly life threatening, and B is able to save A's life for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot going on in here.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Delayed, but don't care.

The whole "life debt" concept isn't inherently bad. What made it bad is Spike being made to look like a complete idiot and completely incapable of doing anything more than holding a light. It doesn't even coincide with what we've seen in previous episodes. It just felt like the "gag" was completely overdone and instead of being funny it made him look stupid. I am surprised Twilight even lets him hold a torch, because apparently he can't even walk into a house without completely destroying it. I wonder how many houses of Twilight's he burned to a crisp? I wouldn't mind a little bit of fucking up, hell that would be funny. But it was just too much.

TL;DR His overwhelming idiocy was overdone, out of character, and distracted from the main storyline rather than adding to it. Applejack should have wanted him to stop simply because she felt it wasn't necessary to repay, not because he sucks at life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    also hai :3 was christmas good?
    Hai! Christmas was hectic, but nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    What's the place, and why ain't I invited?
    We do not speak of it.

Is that a picture of Hitler saving a humanized Derpy from the weird black monster blob from Spirited Away?
    Yes. Yes, it is.
    I don't get it.™

Deleted
    Cookies are in the oven! \o/

After that it'll be time for salami bacon pizza.

That is Mami Tomoe being saved by hitler from a witch.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Blurry with weird facial expressions? ;D
    He's adorable and hot, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    THE PLACE?

By the very definition!
    I don't get it.™