Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    At the risk of sounding selfish I would rather save up for myself to go to Europe right now.

(I have $23 put away for that trip!)
    To be honest I don't expect many people to want to give away money for something they won't directly benefit from. I mean, if I mentioned that I'm taking pictures it might get a few more takers, but not many.
    1950 - 7820 - 1130
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I think Wrath of God got a retitle to seem more religiously sensitive, which is silly, given the Phyrexians.
    Well, remember old Unholy Strength images.

But what makes the Phyrexians all religious-y?

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

White/Black are the whole "opposites of a coin" kinda thing, just like Blue/Red is.

White has empower for the common good, Black has empower for the good of yourself. Both have lifegain, and boardwipes, but for different purposes and with different parameters, through different methods.

Blue is instants/sorceries for control, Red for damage. Both have big thumpers, red mostly in the air, Blue on the ground/sea.
    White and Black are not that far apart though, that is why when a good white character goes bad they become black, usually. Just look at exalted from M13 white and black both had and it meant the same thing, just different reasons as to why. White kills everything out of balance, but black does it because it is easier that way, not caring what you sacrifice to put your enemy behind.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    White and Black are not that far apart though, that is why when a good white character goes bad they become black, usually. Just look at exalted from M13 white and black both had and it meant the same thing, just different reasons as to why. White kills everything out of balance, but black does it because it is easier that way, not caring what you sacrifice to put your enemy behind.
    Is black inherently evil, or can there be good black characters? Would they have to be dual-color? Like maybe Sorin as black/white?

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not sure how I never noticed that difference. But they do do that a lot.
    They sure did that. When the core sets back M<year> they did that so people had a reason to buy newer cards. The core sets were their worst selling product because "why buy it when I already have all of the cards" so some cards were changed because of that reason. Others were changed because of the plural creature being summoned, Grizzly Bears as an example, and finally others were changed because they were too normal and not as fantasy, Grizzly Bears again.

Of course they can not just reprint certain cards because of the reserved list, which leads to new variants on very old cards, and other times they make the same card with a different name because the older variant would not work on that plane as the creature type doesn't exist or because the older card referenced something from the other plane in some way.

They sure did that. When the core sets back M<year> they did that so people had a reason to buy newer cards. The core sets were their worst selling product because "why buy it when I already have all of the cards" so some cards were changed because of that reason. Others were changed because of the plural creature being summoned, Grizzly Bears as an example, and finally others were changed because they were too normal and not as fantasy, Grizzly Bears again.
    But they're making more and more new cards for the core sets aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post
    So, at 50 people regularly in the thread, that means $40 each to ship me over to the meetup and to get Seely crossdressing.
    Yeah, by 50 people I'm counting people like me who barely post a few times a day. You won't get that many people, no question

Is black inherently evil, or can there be good black characters? Would they have to be dual-color? Like maybe Sorin as black/white?
    Black is the color of selfishness, so there are very few pure-black heroes.

On Phyrexians, there are different branches, but Phyrexians believe the flesh to be the source of all sin. It leads them to some...very odd beliefs and "solutions."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

There have been good black characters and evil white ones, unfortunately I can't seem to navigate any wiki worth a damn to prove that to you, but there has been. I know there was one evil white character in Kamigawa, that is for sure.

Y'all are awesome. Just saying.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

There have been good black characters and evil white ones, unfortunately I can't seem to navigate any wiki worth a damn to prove that to you, but there has been. I know there was one evil white character in Kamigawa, that is for sure.
    And then 99% of the cards in New Phyrexia were evil, so every color represented. Elesh Norn, so freaking powerful.

But they're making more and more new cards for the core sets aren't they?
    Yes, that is another reason for the new cards in the core sets now while also still reprinting them, to still keep the essence of the core set where it has always been.

Black is the color of selfishness, so there are very few pure-black heroes.

On Phyrexians, there are different branches, but Phyrexians believe the flesh to be the source of all sin. It leads them to some...very odd beliefs and "solutions."
    Evil and good can be in all of the colors, but black/blue/red definitely have the most villains.

Yeah, White is much less straight forward. As a matter of fact, you are somewhat more likely to get a white "villain" than a black "hero." White is the color of order, control, and unity. If that means beating the opposition into line, so be it.

Yeah, White is much less straight forward. As a matter of fact, you are somewhat more likely to get a white "villain" than a black "hero." White is the color of order, control, and unity. If that means beating the opposition into line, so be it.
    We need to see Gerrard again. He needs a batter card. The Phyrexians are still around, it could make sense somehow, dead or not.

And then 99% of the cards in New Phyrexia were evil, so every color represented. Elesh Norn, so freaking powerful.
    Yes, New Phyrexia showed how each color could be evil. White's pacifism effect becomes pure powerlessness and forcing those to worship, which is why white also got infect, blues intellect becomes science that sacrifices, green becomes survival of the fittest, red is still basically burning things to death even more, and black is basically the same thing.

Well thank you Frey. You are too.

Time to listen to one of my favorite songs of all time (top 5 . . . probably 3) and do nothing productive!

Yes, New Phyrexia showed how each color could be evil. White's pacifism effect becomes pure powerlessness and forcing those to worship, which is why white also got infect, blues intellect becomes science that sacrifices, green becomes survival of the fittest, red is still basically burning things to death even more, and black is basically the same thing.
    And now I think of Selesnya's way of brainwashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Time to listen to one of my favorite songs of all time (top 5 . . . probably 3) and do nothing productive!
    I'm one of those losers who thought Load and Reload were good. So the thrash-ier stuff doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    You are still awake Klocko?
    How'd Dishonoured go?

I know, but thanks for reminding me.

We need to see Gerrard again. He needs a batter card. The Phyrexians are still around, it could make sense somehow, dead or not.
    Ah, here we go.

Good black characters, Chainer, Sorin, and Toshiro Umezawa (Kamigawa).

Bad Black character - Konda