What REALLY happens when a server goes "Offline"

On a serious note.. what's the deal? Rampage servers offline, but people still logged in. Chat channels still work and players can still move. NPC's not responding.

Been like this for 20 mins. Can't even logout, gotta kill the process to close.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet the people who bid 15-16k on the 2 medium length bloody invites on my realm are happy it crashed.

Customer Service forum is lighting up with thread after thread about this. It seems it's beyond Rampage, which is also my battlegroup, so at least other people are suffering alongside us.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I bet the people who bid 15-16k on the 2 medium length bloody invites on my realm are happy it crashed.
    Damn! Now I wish I bid on those too!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think shadowburn crashed as well (or at least greymane.)

Two brawler's guild invites up for auction at around 16k gold each, with about 30 minutes remaining when the server konked out...

Grrrrr.....
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

sargeras is down, burning blade is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think shadowburn crashed as well (or at least greymane.)

Two brawler's guild invites up for auction at around 16k gold each, with about 30 minutes remaining when the server konked out...

Grrrrr.....
    Yes, Shadowburn is also down. I'm stuck in LFR Terrace. We just downed Sha, clock hit midnight, no one got loot, and we're all stuck in there. I imagine that it has something to do with the fact that the DMF would normally start at midnight, but was changed to the new times, and something involved with shifting the time bugged out. It's quite odd that it went down at precisely midnight. They divided by zero!
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-12-02 at 06:32 AM.

Oddly happened for me just as Darkmoon Faire was about to kick in. I guess that gnome is finally making his move...

10+ Year Old Account
    Twisting Nether US is down. What up? Though this might be good I'm in Dread Wastes and rare items always spawn after servers have to be restarted unscheduled.

Sarg down too!!!!!!!! What are some good ideas? means server restart right? So can we farm rares really?????

Just gonna leave this here :P
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Man, I was 1% short from hitting freaking 90 on my dk and this shit happens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    Twisting Nether US is down. What up? Though this might be good I'm in Dread Wastes and rare items always spawn after servers have to be restarted unscheduled.
    No they dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trafalgarlaw View Post
    no they dont.
    let me dream damn you! Let me dream!

"seems to be the entire chicago data center. all other realms are online and functional." from an MVP on my realm forum.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fornicate it then I'm going to bed.

Deleted
    Crendor's video explains it all!