Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Yeah, if you ask anyone at blizzard they would tell you that shamans in general are A ok as far as pvp goes and that absolutely nothing is wrong. They might even tell you that you should just pick the spec that you have the most fun with and play that. They might say it, they might even believe it... but that doesn't make it one ounce of truth.

The pvp shaman spec is resto, period. You could say that enhancement and elemental are viable but what that means is as long as you have the best gear pvp has to offer and play you class right and with good team mates, you'll get by. Get by! as you get your face handed you by warriors, rogues and shadow priests.

Now, don't get me wrong, it can be done. Some people have actually done it. But its a long road filled with stun locks, fears, snares, face-braking crits, pain, suffering and lots and lots and lots of death. Have FUN!
    Dude that was awesome! Funny and absolutely accurate

I was thinking of buying this expansion because I have had my fill of Outlands 2(Great game!) but after reading about how bad the pvp is and specifically enhancement shaman, I was like no fucking way. The enhancement shaman class is just a super fun class to play when it was done right(first expansion) but in Cata it was ridiculously poorly designed and super gimp unless your in the top 1% of best pvp players.

I remember getting into a bg with my arcane mage and three shooting people to death. On my mage I was the criminal, on my shaman I was the victim lol. I see that in thus expansion blizzard neglected that spec and that class in terms of pvp once again. I am sure mages are doing great. What a cheap ass class mages are... I felt so dirty playing one... Tab ab x3 dead... Tab ab x3 dead... Tab ab x3 dead... It was seriously criminal lol Why cant they make my enhancement shaman that op lol.

Oh well, here is hoping for the next expansion or better MMO.

Enhance is a lot of fun, and theres nothing like stacking all your CD's together and killing the FC who has 2 healers on him already since most healers never seem to be ready for the spike.

Shaman is generally a chore to play and requires a VERY high skill level to play well. It can be a LOT of fun trying and if you have the possible skills to play it at a high level you may well do fine. They have a lot in the toolbox and using it effectively can be rather good.

For RBG's they basically have 1 main role: Thunderfuck people away from the flag carrier (if they still have it). Otherwise there's not much to be said for them in a special kinda way. Casters own in PVP so enhance is going to feel kinda rough as per most of the other replies.

TL-DR: Unless you are superman/god it's probably worth picking something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

It baffles me that this thread is in the Shaman forum, I didn't think people around here were that clueless and whiny... But then again this is still mmo-champion we're on so.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    TL-DR: Unless you are superman/god it's probably worth picking something else.
    Not really, as long as you can play the class you'll be fine. Enhancement has had better days, but it's by no means a terrible spec, the playstyle in arena might not suit everyone though.

OP, if you've played Enhancement in arena before it's pretty much the same as cata except we now have real DPS cooldowns. I can't comment on RBGs since I've never really had much interest in those.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocsCall View Post
    There is always that one person that say "OMG too easy, so easy." Sorry to say, you might be playing Enhance wrong then...

On topic: Enhance has great burst potential in BGs with ascendance/wolves. In arenas, you're a main CC target when you pop Asc. if you use all of your totems, hex, Cds, defense CDs, etc correctly, you're in a decent place. Enhance does require a lot more skill, timing, and luck than some classes, but in my opinion, is a lot more rewarding because of it. Melee usually does do as well in RBGs as ranged and coordinated CCs make enhance that much harder...

Hahahaha enhc is the simplest melee in the game.

Still my baby though.

Deleted
    Enhance is one of the specs most top rated pvpers hate playing against atm. we're fairly squishy but we can burst out ungodly amounts of damage. Don't listen to the PvErs saying it's bad coz they have no idea how to pvp lmao

Enhance is one of the easiest specs to get into, but one of the hardest to be great at in the game. I've been Enhancement since BC and were in an ok place right now.. but when i say that, I really mean we need a serious discussion of Enhancement Shaman movement.. which I think is crap.

Enhance PvP :

Pros : Pretty simple damage rotation, you use all your abilites that are on CDs anyway, and let your auto-attack with Windfury and Flurry do the job, and hit your abilities back when they are up. You don't have energy/rage/CP. Pretty easy. Awesome burst (paired to another bursty melee or maybe even a mage), you'll just blow people up. You have the tools to answer to pretty much anything (off-healing, hexing, grounding, tremor, healing stream, freedom).

Cons: While you have some nice defensive CDs (Astral Shift, Rockbiter with Unleashed Fury, Shamanistic Rage glyphed) but outside of them, you're probably the squishest melee out there. Outside of your CDs, you won't be doing much damage and will mostly be of support of your other melee partner (this is why it works so well with a warrior). You don't have a "real" gap closer like other melees, but with Frostbrand with UF, Spirit Walk, Ghost Wolf, Frozen Power or Freedom, it helps a bit.