10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Wind Lord Mel'jarak(Elemental)

Deleted
    Nice vid, some very big numbers coming at end.

Thx again, got this boss on the agenda for next week

Seems i´m behind you by a perfect amount of time, you always get out new videos of the bosses i´m about to do

10+ Year Old Account
    That is kinda cool. Well I am glad that my videos are useful and help ppl. Sadly though and this isn't offical but I might be going back mage for my guild. We lost ours and since I played one for about 7 years until the elemental Re-roll in MoP I was asked if I would do it for the guild. But I will always do what is best for my guild.

Personally i've played with PE+FE Glyph, did some serious damage on Mel'jarak during Recklessness.

Also, i used EQ, very often there are more than 5 targets active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah FE would have been a smart move for recklessness. But all that movement, hard not to use Unleashed lightning. I don't know about the PE glyph, I mean yes its possible for the boss to get more stacks but you should be pulling them off as they come up, but we also had 2 mass dispells going out when needed. So my purge was more of a security net then anything. Its nothing like Skings and shield of darkness. As to Earthquake, yeah I mean maybe before the menders die and the 2 or 3 seconds after they respawn earthquake would do some okay dmg. But the adds died pretty fast. Mostly though it was, and I know this will get me terrible feedback and most likely negative comments ect, but I hate EQ, I think its a stupid ability. Yea I understand 5+ I should totally use it and I normally do for atleast 7+ but with as much mastery as I have and chain lightning being as broken as it is. Idk. Judge me if you want, just the way I play I guess.
    Last edited by Aids; 2012-11-20 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Grammer

I really like this vid- only attempted this boss in on one raid night, but I didn't really do any research beforhand.

Looking forward to trying again with the tips shown here.

BTW- what addon do you use for those player/target frames?

Killed him last night with the following setup : Primal Elementalist, Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, Glyph of Chain Lightning and Glyph of Fire Elemental. This way you have both Ascendance and FET for the first and 3rd (last) recklessness.

I also used Flashfrozen Resin Globule (upgraded) since it perfectly syncs with the ascendance/FET combo.

Concerning my rotation on Mel'jarak during Recklessness : I didn't bother casting LBs except when I needed to move. Instead I used the 2 targets rotation : FS at the beginning, LvB whenever possible, CL spam and ES with 7 charges. FS only lasts 24 secs but don't refresh it when it falls off, keep spamming CL/ES.

I managed to pull out 437k DPS, here is the log of the kill and I can upload a video if people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Finadama View Post

BTW- what addon do you use for those player/target frames?
    This I think
    http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/kaitauras

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Killed him last night with the following setup : Primal Elementalist, Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, Glyph of Chain Lightning and Glyph of Fire Elemental. This way you have both Ascendance and FET for the first and 3rd (last) recklessness.

I also used Flashfrozen Resin Globule (upgraded) since it perfectly syncs with the ascendance/FET combo.

Concerning my rotation on Mel'jarak during Recklessness : I didn't bother casting LBs except when I needed to move. Instead I used the 2 targets rotation : FS at the beginning, LvB whenever possible, CL spam and ES with 7 charges. FS only lasts 24 secs but don't refresh it when it falls off, keep spamming CL/ES.

I managed to pull out 437k DPS, here is the log of the kill and I can upload a video if people want.
    Oh if only my guild did the fight like your guild. We stack all three recklessness together at the end so it is impossible to get more than one Ascendance in for it.