Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Warlock Trinkets Thread

    Affliction: H-Essence > H-Light > N-Essence > N-Light > DMC > L-Essence > L-Light >> Static Caster
    Demonology: H-Essence > H-Light > DMC > N-Essence > N-Light > L-Essence > L-Light >> Static Caster

    Doesn't appear to be warlock trinket thread at the moment and I wanted to reevaluate in light of the 5.1's static caster's medallion and item upgrades. Run the two following sims of all the trinket combinations:

    Affliction Heroic: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=&...0dTNUNoU0ZNS0k
    Affliction Normal: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=&...XJDWUFodGhvOTg

    The good news, don't need to waste any valor on the Static Caster Medallion to replace LFR trinkets. The bad news, looks like I'm replacing my DMC from normal mode raids, so that's not a good candidate for spending valor upgrades on.

    Demonology Heroic: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=&...UtyR01sNnJoc28
    Demonology Normal: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=&...TY2S0NtTzl2Tmc

    At least DMC holds out a bit longer for demo.

    Note, all these numbers are assuming the item has been upgraded twice.
    Last edited by Tenchinage; 2012-12-02 at 06:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchinage View Post
    The good news, don't need to waste any valor on the Static Caster Medallion to replace LFR trinkets. The bad news, looks like I'm replacing my DMC from normal mode raids, so that's not a good candidate for spending valor upgrades on.
    I wouldn't be jumping to replace the DMF trinket until you actually sim it out for you. Considering after I look at this list, compare it to my current gear and sim using what is "best" according to the list it's actually not the "best" list for me. With available trinkets it's: Normal Essence (no upg) > DMC (2 upg) > Normal Light by a pretty decent margin. Don't take the list to heart because it's likely going to be different until you're absolutely full BiS. Even then, the BiS list will probably be changing.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I wouldn't be jumping to replace the DMF trinket until you actually sim it out for you. Considering after I look at this list, compare it to my current gear and sim using what is "best" according to the list it's actually not the "best" list for me. With available trinkets it's: Normal Essence (no upg) > DMC (2 upg) > Normal Light by a pretty decent margin. Don't take the list to heart because it's likely going to be different until you're absolutely full BiS. Even then, the BiS list will probably be changing.
    Would it have been that way without upgrading the DMC? Little unfair to compare upgraded DMC to non-upgraded Light of the Cosmos.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchinage View Post
    Would it have been that way without upgrading the DMC? Little unfair to compare upgraded DMC to non-upgraded Light of the Cosmos.
    I'm not going to spend valor to upgrade a normal Cosmos when I'm killing Elegon so haven't even though about running it with upgraded Cosmos, to be fair.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I'm not going to spend valor to upgrade a normal Cosmos when I'm killing Elegon so haven't even though about running it with upgraded Cosmos, to be fair.
    I think Tenchi is trying to point out that, when all trinkets are on equal footing, DMC is not worth dumping points into if you have your other two trinkets. He is right though. You can't compare the two items effectively unless you look at them at the same level.

    If your going to cap on Valor and have no place else to put the points then by all means, put 750 valor into the DMC trinket. However, if your not capped he is showing the rest of the community that there are better places to put 750 VP over the DMC trinket. Also, that the new rep trink is not worth getting at all.

    This is all of course based on Affi spec. It appears that for Demo, the DMC trinket would pull ahead of the other two normal trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Besides, they have updated models, updated abilities, and are in completely different locations. Really the only thing psyically the same is their names, so if you don't care for plotlines whats it matter who the dragons are? They're just meaningless loot bags to you.
    Shaman Armory
    Mage Armory

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Bladeface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alaska. Cold as shit.
    Posts
    1,092
    What about destro
    My armory: Sheogorath
    My channel: Shirgadirth I do gameplay/commentary. Two of my videos have over 12k views now
    Elder Scrolls Online Dungeon Walkthrough!
    My most viewed video!
    My second most viewed video!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    What about destro
    Yeah this.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    What does DMC means ? (Sorry, I don't play in english)
    Dark moon card ?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPizza View Post
    What does DMC means ? (Sorry, I don't play in english)
    Dark moon card ?
    Darkmoon Trinket called Relic of Yu'lon

  11. #11
    Mechagnome darkminaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    606
    n- essence infront of the dmc? srsly?
    i stick with elegon hc upgraded 2 and dmc curently :P
    Heroic sha of lol will take a few month if we even kill it bevore the nerf it xD (currently 5/6 1/6 0/4) ^^

    Note, all these numbers are assuming the item has been upgraded twice. <-- = without the upgrades dmc is still infront of essence? atleast thats what my last sim tells me for my lock, but could be that i made a mistake somewhere. (currently still have 1 items that is "BIS" so trinket won't be next anyway to upgrade)
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-12-03 at 10:04 AM.

  12. #12
    For those asking about Trinkets for Destro, and wondering about Essence, I run oom whenever it procs. I think the Mana return provided by haste is only coming from static haste, and not anything on a proc, effectively making the proc worthless.

  13. #13
    I'll chime in here since it seems to be the most recently active trinket thread, where would the upgraded alchemist stone fit into the equation?

    iirc, it was listed as around on-par with the DMC card, I've not got access to Essence yet, so I'm curious as to if Light drops, which I should use - DMC v Light v Upgraded Alchemy stone, when I can only afford to be upgrading one of the epic trinkets at a time, will upgraded Light + Alchemy win out v Light + None-upgraded DMC?

  14. #14
    I just finished running this: http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/201...-combinations/

    I know your question is about Light of the Cosmos + non-Upgraded Relic of Yu'lon, but I have Light of the Cosmos H + Relic of Yu'lon H as almost 2k DPS better than Light of the Cosmos H + Zen Alchemist Stone. The upgrade on the DMC trinket should not be worth that much.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

  15. #15
    Thanks for the quick reply, now to lament my lack of VP.

  16. #16
    I still prefer on use trinkets compared to proc trinkets. I am defnitely getting the Static Caster, one minute cd is too good to pass on.
    In the face of demonic power, most heroes see death. Warlocks see only opportunity. Dominance is their aim, and they have found a path to it in the dark arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    Once a warlock, always a warlock

  17. #17
    https://drive.google.com/uc?export=&...TY2S0NtTzl2Tmc

    Do i understand that correctly that it says Darkmoon Trinket plus Essence of terror LFR is more dps than Darkmoon Trinket plus Light of the cosmos Normal for demo? Since i got LFR version of essence today? It is quite alot of static int to loose out on to not wear the essence even if its LFR version.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    https://drive.google.com/uc?export=&...TY2S0NtTzl2Tmc

    Do i understand that correctly that it says Darkmoon Trinket plus Essence of terror LFR is more dps than Darkmoon Trinket plus Light of the cosmos Normal for demo? Since i got LFR version of essence today? It is quite alot of static int to loose out on to not wear the essence even if its LFR version.
    I have them as pretty much equivalent when upgrades are factored in.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

  19. #19
    I don't see anyone mention Jade figurine for Destro but Icy veins still ranks it quite high. How good is it for buffing Chaos bolts vs. DMC?

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    2/2 Upgraded trinkets:
    HC LOTC > HC EOT > Yulon with affliction statweights gotten from my own sim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •