[WW] How to improve\compare my DPS

Here is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Polee/simple

Casual Guild in MV and we are on Gara...I consistently pull 63k+ DPS. I have no idea if that is good or bad. I am not a number cruncher so I am looking to get a sense on whether or not I can improve my DPS, is it decent now, etc. Is there way with say world of logs that I might be able to use, or some other way for me to compare and improve my DPS?

EDIT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=3068&e=3430
    Last edited by dbd_rage; 2012-12-02 at 06:18 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd_rage View Post
    Here is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Polee/simple

Casual Guild in MV and we are on Gara...I consistently pull 63k+ DPS. I have no idea if that is good or bad. I am not a number cruncher so I am looking to get a sense on whether or not I can improve my DPS, is it decent now, etc. Is there way with say world of logs that I might be able to use, or some other way for me to compare and improve my DPS?

EDIT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=3068&e=3430
    Don't gem straight haste, gem red- agi, blue- agi hit and yellow agi-crit. Withe the Ascension buff i find crit better for WW than haste. Also make sure you are hit capped, but expertise isnt as important. And reforge towards crit now, not haste. Reforge lite is pretty good.

Run simcraft on your character before blindly gemming/taking advice on what stats you should be using. Right now your character is showing

Agi > Hit > Exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Scaling

Agi: 2.77
    haste: 1.15
    crit: 1.06

so haste is still slightly better for you until you start to gcd cap.

haste gem: 320 x 1.15 = 368
    agi gem: 160 x 2.77 = 443
    agi/haste gem: 80 x 2.77 = 221.6 + 160 x 1.15 = 184 = 405.6

So right now in your current gear with your current setup straight straight agi is stronger. These number fluctuate as you gain/lose stats though so you have to run it yourself when adjusting.

If you aren't taking portals this is a straight tank and spank for you. You should be using FoF more...... Just execute proper rotation. If your logs are provided by someone that is taking totems/portals then the dps and ability usage will be off, you should log/parse this fight yourself to track your ability usage.

I think your druid provided that log so anytime you were zoned apart this would cause breaks in the log (from your perspective)

SimCraft isn't fully optimized for 5.1 yet, so take that with a grain of salt.

If you're doing 63k DPS then I assuming your gear level is low. Most people agree as a rule that you want to stack haste until you start getting energy capped. For example, if you find yourself unable to use FoF or Energizing Brew without capping energy then you should start dropping haste.

Once you get to the point that you start energy capping, then the weighting between crit and haste is debatable. For example, do you only energy cap after double mastery procs? Are you only energy capping half the time during Energizing Brew? There's a big difference between energy capping constantly vs. energy capping intermittently.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    SimCraft isn't fully optimized for 5.1 yet, so take that with a grain of salt.

If you're doing 63k DPS then I assuming your gear level is low. Most people agree as a rule that you want to stack haste until you start getting energy capped. For example, if you find yourself unable to use FoF or Energizing Brew without capping energy then you should start dropping haste.

Once you get to the point that you start energy capping, then the weighting between crit and haste is debatable. For example, do you only energy cap after double mastery procs? Are you only energy capping half the time during Energizing Brew? There's a big difference between energy capping constantly vs. energy capping intermittently.
    Thanks all for the feedback. Yah I figure my gear geming/chanting is decent. I am not 100% haste, but I am gemming towards it. I am going through portals but I am using my recount to get a decent idea of what my DPS is. My I level is I believe 481 and I am in 100% LFR or Valor gear. No blues. Let me ask this...what should my DPS be? I did SIM it and it said 85k on patchwerk fight...but I am sent in to clean up adds in the totem realms so I am moving. We have yet to down he boss so I am wondering if I should stay on the boss

Just run LFR Gara'jal and stay up the whole time. That's the best way to test and improve your DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    My I level is I believe 481 and I am in 100% LFR or Valor gear. No blues. Let me ask this...what should my DPS be? I did SIM it and it said 85k on patchwerk fight...but I am sent in to clean up adds in the totem realms so I am moving. We have yet to down he boss so I am wondering if I should stay on the boss
    What options do you have enabled under the Options tab? I typically do around 10-15K less than what Player Skill: Elite shows my damage ought to be on a target dummy (which obviously, Gara isn't a target dummy). Also, I run with a monk who was recently 475. His Garajal DPS was right around 80-90K by staying on the boss with me - we were neck-to-neck (I had some stats I needed to reallocate). Mine was comparable.

Don't you have someone better who can go into the spirit realm? Garajal is one of our best fights, being that it is mostly single-target and we can reflect most of the damage from adds or voodoo with ToK and Diffuse Magic.

Here is my armory.

Gara'jal logs funny unless you are the one doing it. Need different logs to really look at what you are doing

Easiest way to analyze your dps: take the time of the fight (in seconds), divide by your number of RSKs. This gives you your time per RSK. You are shooting for as close to 8 seconds as possible, anything above 10 or so is terrible and a large dps loss.

ahh perfect!! Just the info I need!
    1. I need to make sure my RSK are no more than 8 seconds apart or I suck
    2. On that fight I need to be able to stay up on the boss. It will put out more DPS from me allowing us hopefully to down the boss.

Off-topic a bit - but are u 2 healing or 3 healing this figth ? cause if ur 3 healing this is what is stoping ur progress me think not ur 63k dps ....