Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Swizzle didn't lock the previous thread and allowed a new discussion to open if the new discussion will be identical to the old one. I'll be locking down this one as well if I keep getting post reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Fire is shit now. I've dropped 20-30k dps on most fights, and my spec has lost all of the fun. Apply living bomb, fireball fucking forever until you finally get a crit, inferno blast, sit on your pyro until you have 1 second left because you can't crit again for a heating up. It's fucking fantastic man, I love it. Fuck them for killing the spec on literally 0 notice and making me regear completely to be competitive with anyone in my raid.
    This exactly, my amount of pyroblasts a fight went down 33%. On 1st boss HoF today, I did not get above 35k dps on the first platform, as I did not crit once. The tank was above me, and my fellow guildy's were all at the 100k mark. Its back to the low crit RNG horror, spamming endlessly Fireball. This nerf puts the top of the world probably better on par with others, but on lower ilvls 485ish, it hurts a lot more.

They could have simply solved it with a crit cap. I was on about 45% crit before 5.1 (19.6% base, 10% armor + brilliance and *1,5 critcal mass, is 45% on the stuff that matters. But now its down to 37,5%. All good fun, but the lower your gear, the more you feel it. A cap to 45% or something would solve mages critting to much on higher ilvls, but it would remain fire being a competable spec for lower ilvls.

If it stays this way, Fire will probably be forgotten like it was in 4.1 and 4.2. Well, back to Arcane I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by aurpona View Post
    sounds like more QQ. Just deal with it, blizz has nerfed mages like every class gets nerfed, its nothing new. Your whining won't change their mind.
    Please look at the highlighted part and go sit in a corner. The 3 sec CD on pyroblast nerf would like to say hello.

As far as the critical mass buff it is pretty big. Considering that fire mages MUST crit to get any type of actual dps. I can see this happening like in the last tier of the expansion but definately not right now. The spec will die just as it has died every other expansion. Its really disgusting.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    As far as the critical mass buff it is pretty big. Considering that fire mages MUST crit to get any type of actual dps. I can see this happening like in the last tier of the expansion but definately not right now. The spec will die just as it has died every other expansion. Its really disgusting.
    But Fire's been top in the final patch of both the most recent expansions :?
    It was pretty strong in 4.0 too before 4.1 buffed Arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a perfect world all the specs should take turns being the best but within reason so that it doesn't screw over all the raiders who play the spec with the most dps for progression.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

If fire is not a competitive spec, I'm going to quit. We'll see how that works out over the next week.

it was a stupid nerf, they could just have made combustion not spreadable.
    that along with the dmg nerf to combustion whould have put us well in line.

My estimate is ive lost about 15% dps singletarget.. and even more on cleave fights. on bosses like garalon, windlord and stone guards. our dps loss might up at 20-25%
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2012-12-03 at 02:22 AM.

We can expect more stuff like this, on our First Grand Empress Kill, I have an astounding 70k dps (ilvl 488) with 31% crit on Fireball (My buffed is 29.8%...) granted, rng is rng, but this will be much much more common and I felt it really bad throughout the entire raid.. the CM nerf was just over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    I just tried out fire on Lei-Shi and Sha Of Fear and compared it to the last week. My DPS was almost 13k lower, even though I got my 2 piece this week.
    As for the ranks I ended up third, briefly on top of our Warrior.

What irritated me the most though, was that it felt so damn cluncky. The crits just weren´t coming and getting a good combustion was just ridiculously hard.

It would be so much better if we actually could get that CritcalMass back to normal again, instead of this 10-15% crit nerf.. That´s just to much.

Have you read Swizzles post in the previous thread when he locked it?
    If you guys want to actually discuss the hot fix changes, then please feel free to open up a new thread without "fire nerfs" in the title, since that tends to summon trolls.

Look at the first person which replied to this thread.
    Theres already a troll right there...

30% crit * 1.5 = 45% -> double crit chance is 20.25%
    30% crit * 1.25 = 37.5% -> double crit chance is 14.06%

That is a 33% reduction in double crit chance + 50% reduction in combustion damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    But Fire's been top in the final patch of both the most recent expansions :?
    It was pretty strong in 4.0 too before 4.1 buffed Arcane.
    Fire wasn't strong in 4.0, it was just the least weak spec. Mages were pretty weak single target DPS on Cata launch and our raid spots only got saved because so many fights favoured fire mechanics (lots of movement and aoe, fire aoe was *really* strong and scorch was a necessary part of the rotation so you lost basically nothing to movement).

Welcome to the hunter dps clubb. Hope you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pusekatten View Post
    Welcome to the hunter dps clubb. Hope you enjoy.

Uh, this has nothing to do with hunters. Please stay on topic. This is a discussion about mages, so please keep it that way.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 06:59 AM ----------

The reason I'm so aggravated by it is because there was absolutely no explanation. And, on top of that, there was no testing done. Blizzard may have done some kind of internal testing as I'm sure they do, but it was never put out on the ptr. The players didn't get to test it. It was just "HERE YOU GO FIRE MAGES HOPE YOU ENJOY LOL BAI"

That's just silly.
    d=(^_^)z

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Swizzle didn't lock the previous thread and allowed a new discussion to open if the new discussion will be identical to the old one. I'll be locking down this one as well if I keep getting post reports.
    Okey guys. I have now tested out Fire in the whole Heart Of Fear too. We are still highly competitive! I even won a few bosses. I was always top 3.

But what worries me is that the specc is really boring the play. I´m not critting wich means almost no Pyroblasts. If they could do something about the gameplay as a firemage I would be extremely happy. Because not critting and watching the Fireball spams aint fun at all!

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 09:01 AM ----------

Okey guys. I have now tested out Fire in the whole Heart Of Fear too. We are still highly competitive! I even won a few bosses. I was always top 3.

But what worries me is that the specc is really boring the play. I´m not critting wich means almost no Pyroblasts. If they could do something about the gameplay as a firemage I would be extremely happy. Because not critting and watching the Fireball spams aint fun at all!
    Since I can´t post the links to the logs you can search for, Server: EU-Outland, Guild: Ekta, Character: Liveet

What you will see there is that I won every boss in Heart Of Fear. I had a harder time to win in Terrace though.

But still, what this thread is about: They need to change the fun cap IMO.
    Last edited by mmoc71ea6f2691; 2012-12-03 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted

But what worries me is that the specc is really boring the play. I´m not critting wich means almost no Pyroblasts. If they could do something about the gameplay as a firemage I would be extremely happy. Because not critting and watching the Fireball spams aint fun at all![COLOR="red"]
    Same with me. Dmg is still fine bur gameplay is boring as hell

Want my CM back, they can nerf Pyro, FB or whatever but nerfing the fun out of our mages is completely...

I hope you get even worse, fucking mages. You were always OP and always will be, either Fire, Frost nor Arcane.
    Just switch spec and quit with the qq... Morons

Infracted
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-03 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    "So, uuuuh instead of being on dps im 3rd after the nerfs omgwtf let me top dps, FU blizzard! Q_Q"

Infracted
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2012-12-03 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urukk View Post
    So, let me understand: is it ok for mages to be overpowered and when blizzard balance things, it's just ridicolous?
    This makes no sense to me :-) It's not written in EULA that mages has to be top dps :-)

This nerf is sooo welcome :-) I really wish is enough :-)
    If you actually look at the numbers you would understand that Blizz overdid it with this nerf. A nerf to combustion would have been enough to bring fire mages back in line with the other dps classes. This is just overkill.

Let it be overkill, frost's still OP and top dps, just reroll morons

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    30% crit * 1.5 = 45% -> double crit chance is 20.25%
    30% crit * 1.25 = 37.5% -> double crit chance is 14.06%

That is a 33% reduction in double crit chance + 50% reduction in combustion damage.
    That's exactly the point I've been trying to make since it happened. Shit is fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivanda View Post
    Let it be overkill, frost's still OP and top dps, just reroll morons
    Yeah, I'll just equip all that optimal frost gear I have kicking around. Oh wait, I don't have frost gear because I was fire up until the spec imploded on zero notice. Our warlock has all our haste gear, and I have all our crit gear. Post on your real account.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-12-03 at 10:12 AM.