Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Fire] "After the fire nerf"

I just tried out fire on Lei-Shi and Sha Of Fear and compared it to the last week. My DPS was almost 13k lower, even though I got my 2 piece this week.
    As for the ranks I ended up third, briefly on top of our Warrior.

What irritated me the most though, was that it felt so damn cluncky. The crits just weren´t coming and getting a good combustion was just ridiculously hard.

It would be so much better if we actually could get that CritcalMass back to normal again, instead of this 10-15% crit nerf.. That´s just to much.

So, let me understand: is it ok for mages to be overpowered and when blizzard balance things, it's just ridicolous?
    This makes no sense to me :-) It's not written in EULA that mages has to be top dps :-)

This nerf is sooo welcome :-) I really wish is enough :-)

No one was saying it was alright for fire mages to be as high as they were. That's not a reason to justify nerfing them to the extent the spec has been nerfed. I hope the CM nerf is rolled back or something, but Frost is still very powerful, so I'm not too worried either way. I'm just a bit annoyed that I have to change specs and subsequently gear/stat priority in the middle of a content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelmage View Post
    No one was saying it was alright for fire mages to be as high as they were. That's not a reason to justify nerfing them to the extent the spec has been nerfed. I hope the CM nerf is rolled back or something, but Frost is still very powerful, so I'm not too worried either way. I'm just a bit annoyed that I have to change specs and subsequently gear/stat priority in the middle of a content patch.
    Welcome to being a hunter Every. Single. Expansion. Good luck dealing with being only slightly overpowered.

The Combustion reduction balanced Fire mages, the Critical Mass reduction was the ridiculous part.

:-) :-) :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urukk View Post
    So, let me understand: is it ok for mages to be overpowered and when blizzard balance things, it's just ridicolous?
    This makes no sense to me :-) It's not written in EULA that mages has to be top dps :-)

This nerf is sooo welcome :-) I really wish is enough :-)
    Ofc that´s not okey. But the specc still feels really boring to play since we dont crit as much as we did anymore. A simple damage nerf would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    I just tried out fire on Lei-Shi and Sha Of Fear and compared it to the last week. My DPS was almost 13k lower, even though I got my 2 piece this week.
    As for the ranks I ended up third, briefly on top of our Warrior.

What irritated me the most though, was that it felt so damn cluncky. The crits just weren´t coming and getting a good combustion was just ridiculously hard.

It would be so much better if we actually could get that CritcalMass back to normal again, instead of this 10-15% crit nerf.. That´s just to much.
    sounds like more QQ. Just deal with it, blizz has nerfed mages like every class gets nerfed, its nothing new. Your whining won't change their mind.

Deleted
    The goal of Blizzard is to get the classes roughly balanced, on average. Your mileage may vary, and over-shoots or mistakes can be made, and adjusted further, but in general the trend is towards balance. They don't "nerf" and "buff" for their entertainment, to punish players or to reward others - it's a goal to make it so people can play the class and, where possible, the spec they want to - because it's fun for them - without feeling mandated to play a different class or spec that is less fun because it does significantly more damage.

If Blizzard - who have more data, more opinions and more experience in game design than you or I - think it's too far after seeing how it plays out in a live environment, they'll adjust it further. If they're satisfied, or close to satisfied, they'll leave it. It's never fun to lose damage overnight, but "I wish I did more damage" seems like a really... well, pointless discussion,

I guess venting is okay use of a forum too though, so I'll leave you to it,

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen the nerf in m own raid. It's overkill, i hope blizzard fixes it soon.

(I am not a mage, just sayin')

Deleted
    on first raid since the nerf my dps went down 25% to 35%. my ilvl is 496

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisimoo View Post
    on first raid since the nerf my dps went down 25% to 35%. my ilvl is 496
    Thats most likely a skill issue because the changes can't justify a drop that huge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    Thats most likely a skill issue because the changes can't justify a drop that huge.
    or it could be that you are clueless and you don't know what you are talking about.
    things can go that bad that you can't proc your combustion for more than 30 seconds multiple times cuz you simply don't get any single cirt

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    They can and they do. Remove all procs and cooldown damage increases, and spam fireball for the entire fight - that is pretty much what the nerfs have done to fire.

Name ONE other class where blizzard effectively removed ALL procs and cooldowns and left the spec with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Seen the nerf in m own raid. It's overkill, i hope blizzard fixes it soon.

(I am not a mage, just sayin')
    It's not overkill, A knee-jerk reaction yes. Fire mages were incredibly powerful, They bumped them down to a reasonable standard.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2012-12-02 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    It's not over-kill, A knee-jerk reaction yes. Fire mages were incredibly powerful, They bumped them down to a reasonable standard.
    And if they had stopped there it would have been fine, but then after bumping them down to a reasonable standard with the combustion nerf, they then deleted the spec by nerfing critical mass.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think what folks are failing to realize is that this nerf scales the higher your gear gets. Those in 490+ ilvl are probably seeing a 20-30k dps loss which will put the avg person much below the rest of their raid to the pt of uselessness. It impacts low geared folks but it gets worse the better your gear lvl, Im practically back to my 463 blue lvl of crit rating due to this....CRIT is everything to this spec and losing so much at the top end makes you pretty much worthless for any kind of serious progression.

It's amazing how 'other' classes come into a mage forum and provide no useful input other than 'lol at mages qq and whining'. PvE raiding is a team event. When one member (class) is buffed/nerfed, it impacts the entire raid team. Nerfs, although sometimes needed do impact the entire raid. This is something to celebrate? When I read the title/op of this thread I was hoping to find constructive input regarding fire mages current state...not a bunch of trolls.

As a fire mage I will be interested to see how the numbers shake out in the coming week(s). While I agree that fire mages needed a nerf, it may have been a bit too much. Time will tell. My limited experience over the past few days is much lower ignite/combustion dmg, fewer HU proct's and fewer crits. This also impacts/devalues the tier 2-set bonus (Pyro reduction) which further decreases dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitachi View Post
    I think what folks are failing to realize is that this nerf scales the higher your gear gets. Those in 490+ ilvl are probably seeing a 20-30k dps loss which will put the avg person much below the rest of their raid to the pt of uselessness.
    Yes you are so correct, i notice a 20-25k dps loss after the nerf. Now its not possible to follow dem locks.

Deleted
    The problem was that fire scaled too well with gear and in two tiers time we would dominate even more than we did last patch. I can agree with the OP though that crit levels are starting to feel annoying. As we get better gear RNG should get better and better but the hotfix felt like it just made everyones RNG worse. I don't think this is the end of it though. Maybe in the next content patch we will see some sort of mechanics change to fire but I might be a bit too optimistic.

Fire is shit now. I've dropped 20-30k dps on most fights, and my spec has lost all of the fun. Apply living bomb, fireball fucking forever until you finally get a crit, inferno blast, sit on your pyro until you have 1 second left because you can't crit again for a heating up. It's fucking fantastic man, I love it. Fuck them for killing the spec on literally 0 notice and making me regear completely to be competitive with anyone in my raid.