Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

When is Brawlers Guild going to be F2P?

When is Brawlers Guild going to be free for all the players? In a few days, weeks, months or we will have to buy invitations until patch 5.2? Any ideas because I really wonder if there's a point for me to buy an invitation or just wait until it will be free for every player.

10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt it will ever go free

10+ Year Old Account
    5.3 at the earliest
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Whenever Blizzard figures out how to instance the Brawler's Guild after it has a certain number of occupants.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

It already is free if you get an invitation to drop or if you get invited by a friend.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    It wont I think, it's just... Either buy invite on BMAH, or slaughter Alliance/Horde troops for one to drop. Or know someone Rank 7 or above to invite you.

Don't think it'll be free for the next many months.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    When it drops from one of the rare mobs in lions landing/domination point.

Dont count on it.

One of the main reasons, to why it's hard to get into it, is waiting in the queue, it takes quite some time to get in, if there's 8 players infront of you, imagine if everyone could do it....

You'd have to wait for 5 hours, to try a fight once, and then another 5 to redo it, when you hit rank 7, you'll easily do 15-20 tries to beat a fight, and you would have everyone bitching at Blizzard with the usual "WE PAY TO PLAY THE GAME WTF?!"

Besides, it's not for everyone tbh, some people couldnt care less, me who've soloed alot of dungeons, find it extremely interesting despite the lack of any rewards, and I think it was worth the 67k pricetag on the bmah.

But far from everyone will, so unless you think it was fun to spend a day soloing kael at the start of cata, dont bother with the brawlers guild.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    It already is free if you get an invitation to drop or if you get invited by a friend.

Exactly this, all it needs is a rich friend, or guildie to buy it, then invites get sent out

Unless invites are limited to one per player, then its just a longer circle
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Exactly this, all it needs is a rich friend, or guildie to buy it, then invites get sent out

you AN invite when you get the achieve for hitting rank 7 (out of 8). Invites are going to remain fairly sparse... judging by the people ive seen fighting.
    Really its for the best that invites are given out sparingly over the weekend Q's must have been over 20 people which was roughly 1 fight every half hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    When is Brawlers Guild going to be free for all the players? In a few days, weeks, months or we will have to buy invitations until patch 5.2? Any ideas because I really wonder if there's a point for me to buy an invitation or just wait until it will be free for every player.
    I think the invites willl go faster and faster really... give a few weeks and most people will have gotten their invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

You get ONE invite to give out once you've ranked up a bit in there. It's not that easy.

I'm sure it will open up for everyone at some point, but it'll be a while until then. Although the prices will drop in a while, this 30k+ for invites won't last more than another few weeks.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get friends, and patiance. From what I hear, it's just a gear check anyhow...

Nothing about the way this was implemented makes any sense to me. They want it to feel like a close-knit community thing, but then they opened it up to Cross-Realm Zones. Also, waiting in a queue for single-player content is just ridiculous. It's like they're actively trying to make it a pain in the butt to even get the chance to play it when they obviously have the technology to make it accessible and smooth for everyone. Very strange.

At one point, everyone will have someone able to invite them. Even if there weren't any more invitations on the BMAH and the rare mobs didn't drop them, the exponential growth would get you sooner or later. It's easy to forget these things (Brawler's Guild, dailies, achievements, pet battles...) will be there for the whole expansion and you don't have to complete them in two months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really worth it to get into? I haven't even thought about going out and trying to get an invite, should I?

Deleted
    Considering the queues are already like 30 minutes, not any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's F2P now. Go and kill NPC's (list is on the front page) until you get an invite to drop.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...lue-Posts-IPL5
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    Nothing about the way this was implemented makes any sense to me. They want it to feel like a close-knit community thing, but then they opened it up to Cross-Realm Zones. Also, waiting in a queue for single-player content is just ridiculous. It's like they're actively trying to make it a pain in the butt to even get the chance to play it when they obviously have the technology to make it accessible and smooth for everyone. Very strange.

Basically what they did was very STRANGE.

They didn't respect any of the design goal they set themselves.

They said they want the people to watch the fights so the comunity will build on server .

1. CrossRealmZones in Brawler guild ? Wtf ? That's not how you build a server comunity.
    2. Blocked acces to content for most of the people = again , that's not how to encourage meeting people.

They said they don't want the people waiting in towns for queues to pop up , and want the people out in the world.
    1. No posibility to queue and then leave the town to do things , you are forced to stay in town.
    2. That is Cataclism design . And Cataclysm was a Cataclysm for this game .

They said they will do content for single player , for soloers, like 1 person dungeons.
    1. When they did it they selected the richest people on the server to enjoy it , not the soloers. If Mionelol don't have 50k gold in his pockets he won't be able to try it. Stupid design .
    2.Stupid gear checks in the end . Basically you must raid to have a chance in the end/rank 8 . If you did it for soloers then fkin keep it for soloers not only to raiding crowd .

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the queue times because it feels that much more important that you do well when its finally your turn, or you're just stuck waiting again for same boss. 20 mins or so at peak times isn't too bad for me, but the more invites that are sent out or "free" will make those times even longer. If anything though, I notice some people just don't care for waiting that long and give up and leave, making my wait in line that much shorter.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3