Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Time to start botting.

    I'm at my wits end with PvP in WoW.

    I just got the game on black friday so I am behind in the gearing curve, so that means I get my ass handed to me in PvP.

    This is not fun.

    I win about 1 in every 5 BGs I get into, giving me an average honor earned about 150 per BG and each BG lasts on average 10 minutes.

    That is 900 honor/hour.

    A full set of upgraded blue PvP gear costs 44500 honor. At 900/hour that is 50 hours of getting my ass handed to me because I'm not geared. Why would I or anyone else want this?

    So, time to start botting till I can actually play and have fun.

  2. #2
    How strange some people need to share they are losers and cheats and there are some things their mummies cannot do for them? And they think wrecking other peoples games is a good thing? And they think they are clever doing it? Can other people hope so hard the permabans come soon? And that karma will hit people many times over the next 50 years because it so often seems that people who cheat are usually the first to cry when someone, in their eyes, cheats them?

  3. #3
    What do you expect, coming in to MoP 2 MONTHS "late"? Should I cry because my Ret paladin alt cannot do MSV normal as soon as he dings 90 2 months late?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    How strange some people need to share they are losers and cheats and there are some things their mummies cannot do for them? And they think wrecking other peoples games is a good thing? And they think they are clever doing it? Can other people hope so hard the permabans come soon? And that karma will hit people many times over the next 50 years because it so often seems that people who cheat are usually the first to cry when someone, in their eyes, cheats them?
    Actually this was to point out the HUGE GAPING FLAWS in WoW's PvP system, any why botting has become so prevalent.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,719
    Then you're just another botter, who if I saw you botting I would report ingame.


    Actually this was to point out the HUGE GAPING FLAWS in WoW's PvP system, any why botting has become so prevalent.

    There are far better ways to do it. You would just add to the problem.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What do you expect, coming in to MoP 2 MONTHS "late"? Should I cry because my Ret paladin alt cannot do MSV normal as soon as he dings 90 2 months late?
    I dunno what you're doing wrong. I hit 90 on my monk, and tanked MSV normal the next day.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 01:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Then you're just another botter, who if I saw you botting I would report ingame.
    There are far better ways to do it. You would just add to the problem.
    The problem is with the game, not with the people trying to play it for fun (but can't because the grind for a starter set is ridiculous)

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,719
    The problem is with the game, not with the people trying to play it for fun (but can't because the grind for a starter set is ridiculous)
    No the problem is people trying to bot. Don't try and turn this around. You were going to bot, that is ON YOUR HANDS not Blizzard.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No the problem is people trying to bot. Don't try and turn this around. You were going to bot, that is ON YOUR HANDS not Blizzard.
    What about that part where I tried to play but there were too many people botting for me to enjoy myself?

  9. #9
    yep this is why wow has the worst pvp. i strongly suggest you play other pvp games

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    yep this is why wow has the worst pvp. i strongly suggest you play other pvp games
    I still play GW2/PS2 as my main PvP games. Some friends wanted to do some wow pvp with me though and now I have to bot or tell them no.

  11. #11
    I was using that as an example, and assuming you don't BoE the hell out of your new 90, which is the PvE equivalent of having lots of PvP gear close to dinging. And, have you looked at trade chat lately? "Must have T1 wep for random BG farming" "muist be ilvl 470+ for normal MSV" = no way a new 90 could do anything unless you have connections or have a lot of gold.


    That's beside the point really - and, aren't the 450 BoE PvP pieces and a 463 PvE weapon/trinkets good enough for random BGs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I was using that as an example, and assuming you don't BoE the hell out of your new 90, which is the PvE equivalent of having lots of PvP gear close to dinging. And, have you looked at trade chat lately? "Must have T1 wep for random BG farming" "muist be ilvl 470+ for normal MSV" = no way a new 90 could do anything unless you have connections or have a lot of gold.


    That's beside the point really - and, aren't the 450 BoE PvP pieces and a 463 PvE weapon/trinkets good enough for random BGs?
    Found a friend still playing
    Joined her guild as a reroll
    Did heroics and got fully heroic geared in about 8 hours.
    Raided MSV that night.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    The problem is with the game, not with the people trying to play it for fun (but can't because the grind for a starter set is ridiculous)
    If only there were some cheap crafted set to help out...

  14. #14
    WoW has never been a good pvp game. I usually play another MMO or a shooter on the side to get my competitive side off. Try rift, I'm having a ton of fun doing pvp in that game. Too bad its pve sucks.

  15. #15
    bought the 450 blue set on my druid, win most of my games, fully geared in 466 now. i fail to see your point. if you have gear issues, buy the damn blue gear, its a max of 500g even on my screwed economy server
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    Best Mage EVAR!


  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,719
    What about that part where I tried to play but there were too many people botting for me to enjoy myself?
    I haven't encountered any in my time of PVP. Not trying to deny it but I'm not so sure it's rampant. Even so it doesn't justify botting.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  17. #17
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    558
    You dont have to bott.... you dont have to do shit. Stop crying and farm better gear so you can do better. Pretty simple. If you dont like it dont play
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  18. #18
    The Patient Grim Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Death's Domain
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by maximusrex View Post
    if only there were some cheap crafted set to help out...
    Preposterous!
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Revelations 6:8

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Actually this was to point out the HUGE GAPING FLAWS in WoW's PvP system, any why botting has become so prevalent.
    Apparently being bad at the game is a huge gaping flaw in the game.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  20. #20
    So, you skipped the weeks where gear didn't matter at all, 'cause hunters and warriors could oneshot anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •