Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't think WoW is the best by any stretch, I'm just a junkie for its lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Your friends and the people you play with is what makes an mmo enjoyable.

Without them, they are really sub par games.
    That's not true. I started WoW alone and i still play it alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt like five mmo's already kill WoW?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    That's not true. I started WoW alone and i still play it alone.
    Well it's true in my experience. I played WoW for over 5 years. If not for my in game friends and guild, I wouldn't have played it longer than 2 weeks. I find MMOs to be pretty terrible. The only reason I like them is due to the communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ya and then they took all of WoW's players thats why WoW is dead and those games are thriving

Not sure it will ever happen. I'd say this generation of gamers is something that will never happen again. When WoW came out, it was just perfect timing. MMOs hadn't become the giant that WoW turned the genre into. It was able to draw so many people because it was something that no one had seen before. The market these days is very saturated. Not just by other MMOs, but by other games in general. Consoles, F2P pc games, games like Minecraft, have all drawn people away that, at one point, may have played WoW - or a future MMO that probably just won't be able to match the success.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    How long do you think it will be until there is an MMO better than WoW?
    I think Titan will be good but not better than WoW.
    ya im bored
    Also.. what about WoW makes it so much better than any other MMO?
    What makes WoW "better" than any othe MMO?
    1)History, as of right now it is one of the longest running MMOs in the history of MMOs.
    2)Large Fanbase, again as of right now it has one of the largest fanbases of any MMO.
    3)Lore. The Warcraft lore is is huge, there many different forms of it and many people interested in it.
    4)Player Time Invested. No matter which game you go to play, you will always have your old WoW account and the toons with all the hours you invested in.
    5)Not Tech-heavy. For being an older game, it doesn't require a great PC to run it. Therefore it is accessable to a lot of people
    6)Various playstyles. Wow has a lot of content for many different types of players. Casuals. Hardcores. Soloers. Economists. PvPers. Raiders. Questers. RPers.

What needs to happen for WoW to "end:"
    1)Something to steal away the entire player base from the game.
    2)Blizzard pulls the plug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've logged about a week in PS2, it'll keep me satisfied for a few more weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I read an article a while ago that basically said it would cost a company about a billion dollars to create and maintain a game that is good and big enough to take on WoW. So...it could be a good fucking while before that happens. Rift might have had a good shot if WoW didn't have such a huge head start and a gigantic player base. I think the only people that have a chance to kill WoW is Blizzard. Either by fucking up with patches that pis everyone off...or more likely than that, if they allow Titan to take it over. Which may be a good thing in the end...

Wow will never completely die though. I honestly believe it will exist in some form until the end of mankind.

Deleted
    ya im bored

There are already many MMOs better than wow. If you mean more popular thats a whole different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Wow will never completely die though. I honestly believe it will exist in some form until the end of mankind.
    End of mankind lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends entirely on what you enjoy and is very personal. If by 'better' you mean 'successful', probably never.

World of Warcraft is a one-of-a-kind animal which is both a tribute to its success and the source of many of its current problems, both as a game and with its fans. Twelve years ago when this thing was being hatched no one at Blizzard ever expected that this many people would end up playing a single game this much for this long. If Blizzard shows signs of not really having a clear idea what to do with it, the exact same thing can be said for its many subscribers, both past and present. It's also fair to say that there isn't anyone on the planet who absolutely knows either.

WoW is a one-off, a miracle of sorts in computer gaming, that's not likely to ever be repeated. If someone were to ever make a "Seven Wonders of Computer Gaming", WoW would be on it just for its influence and longevity.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-02 at 09:14 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    I read an article a while ago that basically said it would cost a company about a billion dollars to create and maintain a game that is good and big enough to take on WoW. So...it could be a good fucking while before that happens. Rift might have had a good shot if WoW didn't have such a huge head start and a gigantic player base. I think the only people that have a chance to kill WoW is Blizzard. Either by fucking up with patches that pis everyone off...or more likely than that, if they allow Titan to take it over. Which may be a good thing in the end...

But why would Blizzard purposefully slaughter their own cash cow! Not going to happen! Blizzard is not going to destroy WoW just so that Titan would take over. That is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    They killed wow>wow ressed and came back>wow is corpsecamping them

So yes, 5 mmos killed wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I don't know but I wish something would come up. I have been so bored on wow lately. I quit the daily grind once I got everything to revered the first month. Pet Battles frustrated me because I couldn't figure out a good pet comp therefor I quit before getting anymore of a migraine. I do the brawlers guild every now and again when the tram is empty and my queue time is less than 5 minutes. I have only done the new dailies once, I cannot get myself to do them just because they are dailies. Scenarios are weak, raid finder is just a frustration all in itself. All I have to look forward to is raid and that is getting pretty stale. I can't even get myself to level my alts! I can't bare to go through the quest content for a second time. I get to valley and I want to cut my face off.

I don't know who reviewed Mists of Pandaria over at PC Gamer and gave it a 5/5, because it clearly isn't a 5/5, it is a 3/5. Having playing this game since vanilla, they have done better.

WTB NEW TEMPORARY MMO PLIX
    Really think you should be careful with posts like this, sure I 100% get that you are "done" "burnt out" with WoW but for some strange reason your STILL playing it, there are plenty of other good MMO options out there but saying PC Gamer's opinion is wrong and your opinion is right is just wrong it is all subjective and personal opinion.

If you really think WoW is at best a 3/5 score game why are you playing it?

Why are you not playing other MMO's or are they all worse than 3/5?

If all MMOs are worse than 3/5 I think there is something screwy with your scoring system.

My personal opinion is MoP is the best version of WoW I have ever played, I have played from day 1 EU release, without a single break (I was very close to a break during Dragon Soul).

I have never played any MMO (and trust me I have tried a few) that I log into this far into a release and have soooooooo much to do.

I sometimes do Dailies (/gasp I do not do smash my face into these every day)
    I sometimes do Scenarios (more so since they buffed the rewards).
    I sometimes (try) to do Challenge Modes.
    I sometimes do LFR.
    I sometimes do Pet Battles.
    I sometimes try to find the BoA treasures.
    I sometimes level my Lock.
    I sometimes do some farming at the ranch (in effect I think this is the thing I do do every day).
    I raid twice a week with my casual guild.

Ironically the thing I do least these days is heroic 5 mans, I think this is the one thing I am burnt out on in WoW and I am very glad there are so many more options for earning my weekly VP!

OT: I think WoW launched at a very good time, it caters to a massive market and Blizzard does a very good job at "polishing" there product, they iterate a lot of change which is almost always for the better (of course they get things wrong and of course this is the one thing they take massive heat for as well).

I think they have changed the MMO market forever, and I could argue in a bad way as I don't think anyone other than massive companies have a chance of competing.

I am VERY glad that Rift has done such a good job of proving that a smaller MMO can make it, will Rift ever be as financially successful as WoW of course not but I am glad Blizzard has someone kicking them in the ass every so often to keep them honest.

I don't think we will ever see a 12 million sub game ever again (I am almost 100% sure WoW will never reach those numbers either).

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the MMOs I've played over the years all have some worthwhile feature(s). If all of their unique features could be in one game...THAT would be the best MMO of them all.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

imho - the issue is that WoW really created the current MMO market. Yeah, there were MMOs before, but nowhere near as many people played them. WoW brought a majority of the market to life. They did that by changing the rules of the traditional MMO by making more things accessible to everyone. And they did this long before any other company could figure it out, or even realize that is what they were doing.

For a game to knock WoW off the pedestal, it will have to do something original and different enough, as well as keeping all the good things. And they need to do that before Blizz can catch on and adapt to implement it into WoW. No MMO that has come out for the past 5 years has done that. They have all essentially been WoW clones that excel in some areas, but fall on their face in other areas (arguably the more important areas).

imho - the best another game can probably do is to try and start small, and build from there. I say "start small" so that they can also stay very flexible. If there was another game that I could enjoy which only took a small amount of time, and would not impact my WoW time, then I would probably play it. If they could make that game be 5-10 mins of great enjoyment, then maybe they could build it from there.

ya im bored
    the mmo genre as a whole is losing ground odds are its more liekly mmos will either go away or become very niche like it was before wow then an mmo to get as big as wow is/was
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Honestly, Rift is that MMO. It wasn't quite better then wow at launch, but the way it is now (with 11 huge content patches and 1 huge expansion) it is in almost every way, better then wow in its current state (it even has player housing where you can pretty much build whatever you want. Think minecraft).

(skip to 2:54)

Basically, Rift is that MMO. The reason why it is not more popular, is because the first 49 levels are pretty bland. Once you get to 50+, trust me, this game blows you away.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Well that's your opinion then.

I personally find Second Life a much better mmo and that is me not really looking for any gameplay at all.

Then other people have been playing Eve online for years and couldn't even care to throw a glance at WoW.

This thread is really silly. Also if you think it has anything to do with how many subscribers? Nope. Some mmo communities are absolutely thriving and close knit active communities with only as much as a few hundred participants.

So "better" is really a subjective way to put it. If anything WoW is the most mainstream, and that's about the only non-subjective thing you can say about it.
    I tried second life the other week all i found in the whole game was perverts and weirdos, i find it hard to believe anyone could enjoy being in that world.