Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    There are a lot of low-IQ people out there who assume that if someone plays a character of another gender its for perverted/deviant reasons. They never consider personal/stylistic differences.

I'm a guy, and half my toons are female. I made my belf pally female cause I didn't really like how male belfs looked, my warlock is a belf female cause I prefer how cloth looks on female toons rather than male and my monk is a female pandaren cause IMO the males were too bulky for the character I imagined.

In WoW you are playing a character, not necessarily yourself. Your toon doesn't have to approximate your real-life self.

I've heard the same reasoning countless times and it always makes me chuckle. The times I actually look at my character are few and far between because I'm focusing on everything going on around me.

That said, I'm a guy and I play mainly female characters because I prefer their animations and how armor looks on them in general. Staring at asses has nothing to do with it.

I have 10 characters and one of them is female...bascially because I only play Orc when available for the class and I was tired of making male Orcs. Then again Female Orcs aren't as sought after, like say a female blood elf.

guys play female toons because they are secretly dragqueen!

Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    guys play female toons because they are secretly dragqueen!
    Oh SNAP, you got me.

The english language makes meeting female players in game much harder.
    In my french language, people reveal their gender when they write, because verbs are written slightly differently for each gender.
    Hence, it is rapidly obvious whether the player you are talking to is female, or male.

And to be fair, the number of female players with male tauren characters is uncanny.
    Last edited by Brachamul; 2012-12-08 at 03:24 AM.

If he gave his character a normal name, he will be fine. If he named it something like "Fluffybunny" then yeah he should expect to be hit on.

I think guys who play male characters because they are afraid of being hit on by other guys - are just insecure of their own sexuality.

Also people treat their characters differently.
    Some project themselves into their character - so they choose their own sex and try to act as if it was them - they do not stare at "their own" ass or don't mind to.
    Some others treat their characters as puppets/dolls and never project themselves into them. They LIKE to stare at their characters, that's one of the reasons why guys create female chars - to dress them up sexy and stare at them while heroically hacking thru hordes of mobs. Imagine such people with a male human character... ew...

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Person calls males who play female blood elves "creepy"

Said person then goes to hit on the "female" blood elf.

Pot calling kettle black?
    Read the quote a few times now and I don't see where he said that anywhere, nice counter.

I play a female tauren named Milkbringer. Go figure

I'm female irl and play only female toons. Just feels right and tbh I don't like the male char models in wow either too beefed up or derpy or in the case of most male human their faces make them look constipated.
    My other half plays both sexes depending on what he thinks looks better with the class/race combo.

Both Straight and bar the odd few times no problem with people trying to flirt with our avatars.

I made a female gnome with bright pink hair called "Randycandy". I'm still waiting on those handouts from horny guys...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

I had pink hair female gnome named Kinky - no hit-ons either...

I guess the op refuses to play Tomb Raider or as Kitana or Sonia Blade on the Mortal Kombat series?

Absolute nonsense.

I think the thread has served its purpose and the idea that "it doesn't matter" has been said plenty.