Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I play a female Goblin because Brooklyn is better than Jersey.

i m a female worgen whats up with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Half my characters are female . My first and second characters were female night elf and human . So what's the problem again ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, he subconsciously is in love with you and is trying to express this without realizing it by choosing a fantasy form that would allow you two to indulge in the most carnal fantasies possible.

I believe the best possible solution is to just be frank with him. Grab him by the shoulders, look him deep in the eyes, and say: "Man, someone on some gaming forums said you rolled a female belf because you're in love with me on a deep subconscious level. And I'm OK with that. Just be honest with me."

Come back and let us know how it goes!

most of the males have crappier models and animations.

Deleted
    This is why I've mostly rolled female characters myself. The animation on some of the male characters look horrendous. A good example is Nightelf Male vs Nightelf Female. If I was to look at a Male NE Priest casting all night I'd honestly be distracted by the looks of their casting.

As for your friend, he's free to roll whatever character gender he would wish. Ingame, on roleplaying servers or standard servers alike, he's extremely unlikely to be hit on because he's playing a female character. It does happen in rare-rare-rare situations, but are more abnormal than norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    That is also true for real life males and females

Why would a man play a female character?

1) As a male, you are more attracted to a female aesthetic. Stand in line anywhere, and the big hulking guy in front of you will likely not gather much attention, but the cute girl? You likely, even if you don't realize it, will check her out and get a bit of pleasure from gazing on her. Many guys get more subconscious enjoyment out of constantly looking at a female form. It's nothing about being a "perv", it's hard wired into you as long as you are heterosexual.

2) Most players don't see the character itself as an extension of themselves, but instead another person they simply control. I don't see my Draenei Paladin as "me", but instead a secondary character with hope, dreams, and loot that I helped her establish. If you don't understand the mindset, then imagine what a writer would do when they decide to write a story starring the opposite gender. J.K. Rowling didn't see herself as a "Female Harry Potter", she wrote him to be his own individual and treated him as such. This is even assuming they do story building and role-play.

Those are the big reasons, at least for me, that I play many female characters. Fun fact: Chris Metzen took the character Garona Halforcen directly from his old DnD campaigns he played while he was young, she was his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people probably do play females if they are a little off, though I doubt it.
    For the more manlier classes I'm always a male, but I did have a female human priest before... just didn't seem right to make a male priest ya know with the "healing touch" and all... lol
    Anyways just my input on it. Really It's just matter of personalization. Me I don't think a female should be a warrior or paladin hunter rouge... more of the macho classes. But usually casters I could see a female.

The male models on most races are either dopey looking as hell or goofy as hell. Everytime I see a male NE dancing, I wanna splash him with gasoline and set him on fire. Male worgens have such a high center of gravity, they should fear falling over for not being able to get back up. Almost every male model in this game is completely outshone by their female counterparts in regards to how they look, how armor looks on them, etc-etc. I play eight toons. Of them half are female purely for the models since the male models were hideous or hilarious in appearance.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

this topic reminded me of this hot stuff picture i stumbled upon yesterday, enjoy!
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2012-12-05 at 01:15 AM. Reason: image removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
    A girl I play with said he is not going to get hit on by guys just because he's a female toon, and that I was being ridiculous.
    This.

By now, its known that males will play females, females will play males, and experienced female players won't tell you their gender openly (due to some players' negative responses, including other female players). If you think his statement was perplexing, wait until you see some of the statements guys make on trade channel. In my experience, the comment about staring at their character's butt has been a common excuse for a new male player to pick a female toon.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I think we shouldn't make flame-bait threads when we are bored.
    And this guy understands.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    if you have the choice to be a man or a woman and you choose a woman then theres something wrong with you, so if you are a dude what is the reasoning behind you wanting to be represented by a chick in a game? are you gay, do you want to be treated better or idk you tell me whats the reason?
    You sound so deep in the closet you're finding Narnia.

Your insecurities are you projecting, time to see a shrink.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of projection on your statements. I'm not saying that you are gay, but there are insecurities that are being projected on others far more innocent choices.

On anotehr point, there's a lot of people that invest in their toons as projections of themselves, and there's alot of people that see their toons as characters with their own stories. I think this just has to do with your interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    My avatar is a Mew. I think mew is a cute pokemon. I am a guy, and am straight. I play female toons because:

A) Their cast animations are generally better
    B) I like their look more times than not

It just is better on my eyes. I like cute things, not badass things. We all have preferences.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
    Hmm, I didn't think anything was dramatic there, I think you're projecting.

Your opinion is pretty much the same as mine.
    It's a Role-playing game, and the idea is to pick a role you want to play.
    Not a role you want to look at for the pixelated ass, lol

I also think people are going to assume at first that a female character with a female name is a female IRL.
    I've never thought so and dont get the reason why it have to be like that. I mean, we all played a lara croft game and we dont are all female. Its your own decision if you want a hero or a heroine o0

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Why would a man play a female character?

2) Most players don't see the character itself as an extension of themselves, but instead another person they simply control. I don't see my Draenei Paladin as "me", but instead a secondary character with hope, dreams, and loot that I helped her establish. If you don't understand the mindset, then imagine what a writer would do when they decide to write a story starring the opposite gender. J.K. Rowling didn't see herself as a "Female Harry Potter", she wrote him to be his own individual and treated him as such. This is even assuming they do story building and role-play.
    Mostly this. Some people identify with their chars, make them like they are/what they would like to look like so they probably find weird to play with a different gender one. I just see mine as a videogame character, not as extension of myself. Is there something wrong if your favorite character in a movie is from your opposite gender?

I'm not sure how it works in 2012, but back in 2007 I was hit on a lot because I played a Blood Elf female paladin and people assumed I was a girl, which I'm not.
    Anyway, picked female for similar reason as your friend's: well, actually, my problem wasn't that I minded looking at some guy's ass, but I would rather look at a female butt. Also, male Blood Elves look really retarded. Not much of a choice then.
    Last edited by Memory; 2012-12-07 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    I play both male and female toons, and I -generally- assume someone I meet is male unless they state otherwise. Even then, I don't treat them differently with either gender.

I'm more concerned that your friend chose a -Blood elf-. D:

I don't care if you want to play a female toon if you're a male, but some of the reasons why people do perplex me.

One of the biggest reasons that confuses me is the whole "not wanting to stare at a mans ass."

Why are you staring at your characters ass in the first place? Why are you even looking at your character in a sexual way?