Do you also get super giddy when you get a new gadget/pc/laptop or perhaps other item

I do.

I remember when I got my HTC One X, man I didn't even want to eat.

When I got my computer parts ah that was a sight. (the box and all the contents)

Soon I will get a new laptop.

Can't wait.

Do you also get giddy when you get something new?

yup always. although I feel the same about most non-essential things I buy. Clothes / music etc. It's not a good way to save money.
    Recently bought a new car which I think trumps anything else I've had that feeling about.
    Redsparowe#2548 <Crayola Inc>, Lightbringer EU

I'm always worried that the cashiers at Bestbuy are going to suspect me of shoplifting when I'm checking out. I have a tendency to get excited when making a relatively big purchase, which tends to result in me getting all fidgety and awkward to talk to. xD

My company got me a new laptop today. Yes, I'm slightly giddy, though less so because I can't install whatever I want on it.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

I love getting new electronics.

Opening my current laptop was super exciting because it was the first expensive thing I bought with *my* hard earned money.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    yup always. although I feel the same about most non-essential things I buy. Clothes / music etc. It's not a good way to save money.
    Recently bought a new car which I think trumps anything else I've had that feeling about.
    Wow, I don't know about cars, but I could imagine the feeling...

It's christmas for me whenever I get a new guitar. You can't beat that new guitar smell when you open the case.

Yeah, normally followed by it breaking :x
    I'm a lil' clumsy

Yep, got a pile of boxes here of components for my new PC, still need a couple pieces. :P

I love the smell of new electronics

(also new books and dvds)
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!