FFX - Probably the only reason for me is because of the song that plays. It was perfect. Also, I almost teared up.
Metal Gear Solid 3/4 - Both were awesome. I can't really decide which.
Mega Man 3 - First game I ever beat, and the best ending out of the originals, imo. Dat Protoman.
Halo 2 - Nuff said
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - great series all around, but the ending felt uninspired. I just felt like there should of been more.
Mass Effect 3 - Can't really think of any other game so I'll just go with the easy one.
-planescape torment. the whole last area was one of the most epic experiences i ever had. and it was pretty much only dialogue
-kotor 1. a deffinite, fullfilling and epic ending for an epic journey.
-braid. after i saw the stars ending i was like w00t!
-slightly: me3. not BECAUSE of the ending but because it was WAY too short. you can't just finish a 100h trilogy in 5 minutes. while the extended ending dlc was a huge improvement it still lacks.
it is actually hard to get bad endings because there is hardly any game with a diffinite ending. pretty much every single game has some kind of open ending to enable new games for more money. therefore i don't count me1 and 2 as "endings". and i deffinitively don't aknowlege the lok defiance ending as the ending of the series (there HAS to be another game!).
and as d3 will have addons (which was clear even years ago) i don't care if the current "ending" is not as epic as the d2 one (original or lod). if the last addon sucks i will put it in my list.
Spec Ops: The line
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Dragon Age 1
Mass Effect 3
3. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Archimonde came off as the most dangerous of all villains in the game, and seeing the big shit humping the World Tree, even though it was useless, left you with a threatened feeling. What makes this is the big ass explosion and Medivh's ending line. Also, Wisps, the only unit which can't attack, takes down the strongest enemy in the game, that's kind of ironic.
2. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. It seals Arthas' story nicely and starts the Lich King's story with a bang. You're left with a big question mark of what's going to happen once his freezy ass thaws. Too bad that Wrath of the Lich King couldn't deliver.
1. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I'm talking about the Special Episode In The Future Of Darkness. Without spoiling anything it left me pretty speechless for the rest of the day. It was the best possible ending for this story with all these memorable characters.
3. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Predictable and very badly written. The dialog between Bolvar and Tirion is just awful, they're really just trying to seal plotholes, but the damage has already been done with the whole "There must always be a Lich King" deal. The Lich King hindered The Scourge's success, thus the whole expansion was fucking worthless. A fitting end to a bad expansion.
2. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. What's with the whole "mortals are best people" thing that Metzen is going with in both Cata and Diablo? I mean, for fuck's sake, it only adds to the game that there are these higher entities that we can't even hope to stand up against, and all of a sudden we're the big guys? Also, Deathwing wasn't even in the cinematic, he just vanished into faerie dust right before. So fucking lame
1. Ghosts n' Goblins. Seriously, just look up "Ghost n' Goblins End Screen" on Google and witness some of the worst engrish ever. The worst part about it is that it's one of the hardest games ever made. It's just sad, and I know it's so many years old, but still, it just NEEDS the first place spot, I mean jeez.
Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2012-12-03 at 05:42 PM.
Oh gosh, there's so many. It's hard to think of some off the top of my head, but I'll list some from games I played recently.
1. The Walking Dead - the only video game that ever made me tear up.
2. KotoR 1.
3. Planescape Torment.
1. Mass Effect 3.
2. Diablo 3.
1. Mass Effect 2
2. SWTOR (solely the class stories, nothing else)
Hmm wtf I can't think of anymore.
1. Final Fantasy 7 (I loved this game, but the ending left me upset as a kid)
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Rage (Don't even know why I bothered finishing it)
1) Banjo Kazooie
2) Dragon Age Origins
3) Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
1) Mass Effect 3
2) Dragon Age 2
3) World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
1. Assassins Creed: Revelations - This ending almost made me shred a tear. While it wasn't the best AC game (in my opinion of course) the ending was just fantastic, and a great final for both Altair and Ezio.
2. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos & The Frozen Throne - I'll just count these two as one. Both games had amazing endings, Archimonde getting his ass whopped by the most harmless things in the game, and Arthas walking all the way up to the frozen throne and puts on the helm of domination, so awesome!
Umm... Can't really think of a third GREAT ending right now, so I guess the Warcraft III games counts as 2.
1. Cataclysm - I think the worst part of this ending is that Deathwing doesn't even make the cinematic, he just ''explodes'' into dust, and instead we get preggo Aggra and ''Mortals are the best thing ever! Come my fellow aspects! Let Blizzard's amazing story writers take away your powers so we all can live as mortals!'', ugh! What a horrible way to screw up the whole dragon flight lore, and the worst possible death to Deathwing.
2. Diablo 3 - The mortal thing might be bad in WoW at times, but this game took it to a whole new level. Once again Blizz pulls the ''mortals are the best!'' ending again, and men are once again surperior to everyone and everything, but this time it wasn't just in the ending, through the whole freakin game the mortal hero, oh sorry, I mean the Nephalem is praised as the mightiest of all beings. Please Blizzard, just stop it for christ sake!
3. Ghost n' Goblin - Wariofan1 has already explained why...
- Silent Hill 2 (In Water): Very fitting/sad, a great way to end the story.
- Mass Effect 1/2 : Both had such epic endings that made me want to play the next game.
- The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask: It made everything you did (then undo constantly) worth it.
- Mass Effect 3: As much as I love the game I was really disappointed with the ending, the extended cut at least fixed the plot holes.
- Diablo 3: I don't remember how it ends, that's not a good thing.
- Silent Hill (Anything past 4) : They tried so hard to be Silent Hill 2 but failed miserably.
Last edited by Cat1337; 2012-12-03 at 07:58 PM.
portal was the worst cuz u just go into the fire and die wtf? wrost ending man
best- mass effect 1/2. dragon age 1 - you fall in love with the characters and want to know every detail about them and their story...
worst- mass effect 3- for ending of a game it was great, terrible for an entire series
Final Fantasy VII, VI and X - couldn't decide
The Walking Dead - powerfull, emotional, brilliant
Mass Effect 2 - this is my favourite part of the series
Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 + ToB - love it, it defines the word "epic"
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - no real closure and cliffhanger ending with almost 0% chance of a proper sequel
Mass Effect 3 - untill extended cut, it is ok with it
Diablo 3 - not only the ending but whole "plot" is a slap to the face
KotOR II - really rushed game, cant blame Obsidian here
Dark Souls - good game but the ending is not satisfying at all
Dragon Age II - again, terribly rushed game