What is the sub model?

If I want to buy the game but no the expansion is that still b2p? Sorry for this question but I know nothing about this game.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

edit: nm misread

You can't buy the game anymore without buying the expansion with it from guildwars2.com. It is $50 and includes HoT. Of course, you could probably buy it from Amazon or Greenman Gaming since they probably still have game codes of just GW2.

A warning though, if you buy it through a 3rd party site, you'll have to buy HoT for $50 anyways.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-06-28 at 06:44 AM.

Yes, you buy the game, you play it for free, forever. You have mostly cosmetic items you can buy as well, though you can also farm gold in-game, exchange it for gems and buy the stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If I want to buy the game but no the expansion is that still b2p? Sorry for this question but I know nothing about this game.
    There is no subscription. GW2 is buy once/play forever, B2P, just like Skyrim or Arkham Knight.

The expansions are bundled with the core game. So you do not have to buy an expansion unless you buy the core game before an xpac. The cost is the same either way but the obvious greater value is waiting to buy GW2 after an expansion is released; gaining the core game + xpac for the same price.