Rift Levelling Experience Rocks

Long time WOW player, just recently came back to Rift.

Amazed really at how good and FUN the leveling experience is in Rift. I feel no need to rush and there are just so many things to do that it never feels like a grind.

One thing I like especially is the epic story line quests. They remind me of the epic and class questlines form WOW like Onyxia (which I have no idea why they removed) and really give a great feeling of accomplishment.

Throw in huge questing areas, artifacts!!, instant adventures, rifts, invasions and rift events, and SIGNIFICANTLY better low level dungeons it is just a fantastic experience.

WOW us still like a comfortable shoe you like wearing and I will always play it I think, but the PVE experience in Rift, especially leveling is just at a different level than WOW.

The only mis-step I think are the starting areas which are bland and unintersting, an area that WOW is far ahead of RIFT in.

So glad I came back for Storm Legion.

I really liked the Rift starting areas. Not sure why they get slack for 'em.

Was never into world of Warcraft that much so guess I never put much attention toward their starter areas. However, nothing seemed that remarkable about them either. It was literally killing 10 rats [kobolds], pick apples and collect snake eyeballs as the first quests in WoW.

I played WoW at day 1 launch. I understand a lot has changed since then. But again, I am not too big a fan of World of Warcraft. Forgive my ignorance.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-12-03 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little torn. I ended up getting caught up doing instant adventures and waaaay outleveled my current quests. Not sure where to pick up some breadcrumbs to get back on track. Can the mentoring thingy majigger help with that maybe? Anyways I really enjoyed the instant adventures but it made it feel like I was all over the place. Leveling with no structure.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I'm a little torn. I ended up getting caught up doing instant adventures and waaaay outleveled my current quests. Not sure where to pick up some breadcrumbs to get back on track. Can the mentoring thingy majigger help with that maybe? Anyways I really enjoyed the instant adventures but it made it feel like I was all over the place. Leveling with no structure.
    Mentoring allows you to drop down back to the level you were initially (as a minimum 5 levels below your current level) if you liked a specific quest chain and want to continue it; you will still gain XP appropriate to your new level while mentored for killing stuff.

Also, a lot f the quest chains in Rift are area dependent, meaning that you don't necessarily need to go back and finish a quest in Scarwood Reach for example in order to start a quest in say Droughtlands. I do agree it can be very unstructured, but I think that goes hand in hand with any leveling system which allows for flexibility.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

To be honest, the leveling is extremely boring to me and is giving me trouble reaching cap. I do like the Instant Adventures however, a nice little addition that helps it go along smoother, and it reminds me of GW2's leveling a little teeny bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit that I am the kind of guy who like "lore" and would rather have simple quests with less grind. (ie more story driven)

I find the Rift leveling experience to be like TBC - a bit less grindier, but I do also admit that I have a lot less time to play than I used to, so even though it is slow going, I understand why - less time. I am still only level 57.5 since the expansion came out. I also admit that I get distracted with so many things to do and haven't been focusing exclusively on leveling. I am, however, having a lot of fun when I do play.

I would see no problem with them just bringing out hundreds of dungeons, pvp warfronts in an expansion with achievements for doing them and just cut out out the leveling. Maybe Rift v3 will be like this.

That said, if you want to find a quick way to earn xp, try this:

It is actually quite awesome XP if you actually get a group of friends and grind these mobs as quick as possible instead of standing afk. Probably the quickest way to level in the game.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-12-04 at 10:49 AM.

I just started playing again too. When I went to my first Rift I instantly well back in love with the game. The rift events are awesome. I remember during a beta test doing the zone-wide rift events, they were amazing. I love leveling in Rift!