More Crit Rating or keep 2 piece bonus for now

Currently playing as SMF Fury and was gonna try upgrade a few pieces for more crit rating. But the two pieces i can upgrade to get abit of crit are my set pieces (Helm and Gloves). The thing is would it be worth losing the 2 piece set bonus for more crit/str?

I was also thinking of replacing my tier 14 gloves with crafted bloodforged warfists as i would gain 270crit overall. As i currently have blacksmithing and can have an extra socket. But don't want to loose the bonus if its to much of a dps lose. Also the helm would hopefully be replaced by the Feng Nullification helm 489 or Shadopan Revered one.

Profile: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Em%C3%A0x/advanced

Any input would be great. Otherwise i'll stick to what i have now and hope to get another piece of t14 to keep the set bonus before i craft anything/buy VP item.
    Last edited by emax; 2012-12-03 at 02:45 AM.

Short Answer: No.
    Less Short, but still short Answer: ---v

11,000 (My First non-crit BT against a Target Dummy unbuffed with an upgraded Dubious Handaxe, ROUNDED.) * 1.25 = 13750
    13750-11000 = 2,750 extra damage.

270 / 600 = 0.45% Crit

You'll also be loosing 20 Strength if you switch to Crafted Gloves, and you'd only gain about 30 strength from switching helms.
    So effectively, you're only gaining 10 strength and about 2/3's a percent of Crit.

Bottom Line: 10 Strength will not make up 2,750 damage gain for Bloodthirst. - And while crit is amazing it only works on Crits.
    Keep your 2P.

Oh ok makes sense....thanks for the info. Will keep the 2P for now. I thought that was the case, but wanted to get abit of feedback on it!

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    you also could upgrade your bracers with either august celestial (crit/exp) ones or with the heart of fear random drop ones (crit/haste). if everything fails, you can do a bit pvp and get the pvp ones (crit/exp)
    sadly, the only legs with base crit on them are the pvp ones as well - and they are crit/haste. but if you're only looking to increase your crit, they may be useful. the haste can be reforged after all, and your current ones also have haste.
    the necklace from garalon is also a bigger chunk of crit than the GL revered one. even only the raid finder version you gain about 130 crit by sacrificing 34 str.
    for the girdle, there is the one from the new faction, which has more than your current one. requires revered, though.
    same is true for boots.

so that is more or less what you can do for crit.