1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral TheCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Graz (Austria)
    Posts
    1,071

    need a new display - please help decide

    Hi people!

    I already asked this questen couple of months back, but lacked the coin to really go for a new display.
    Now the moment has come where I really need a new one and with the money coming in for christmas it will be possible.

    what I would like to have is a:

    - 16:9 ratio
    - 1920x1080 resolution
    - 24-27"
    - dvi input
    - as less ghosting as possible
    - as fast a reaction time as possible (~2ms or even less if that's possible)
    - I don't care for colors or contrast that much
    - it has to have a stable mount / footing ... if gaming gets rough, my table tends to wiggle a little bit and then my old BenQ display was wiggling even more, so I had to get a Vesa Mount for it which worked great ... but with displays getting slimmer and slimmer I see Vesa Mount options fading from the newer models ...
    - I don't want to spend more than 300€.

    I was thinking of getting this one:
    It's a Samsung SyncMaster S27B350H ... but I'm not sure if it will stand bold, unwiggling ^^

    I'm looking forward to your input and want to thank all of you in advance for helping me out here
    Thx!

    EDIT: the list of features changed.
    Last edited by TheCrusader; 2012-12-03 at 09:40 PM.
    My signature was too big, so now I use this one.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord haxs101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Good ol' Tennessee!
    Posts
    941
    27 inch and 16:9 is going to suck, you're going to see pixels. I have a 27.5 inch right now, and opted for a 1200 res 16:9 and you can still somewhat see them. 27 inch + is est if you get a 1440. Also I don't see how you don't care for colors and contrast? You want a good picture quality as its what you are going to be starring at for a long time.. :/

    Or you can get a 120hz monitor, there is no going back after you use one of those. Same goes for 1440p
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    27 inch and 16:9 is going to suck, you're going to see pixels. I have a 27.5 inch right now, and opted for a 1200 res 16:9 and you can still somewhat see them. 27 inch + is est if you get a 1440. Also I don't see how you don't care for colors and contrast? You want a good picture quality as its what you are going to be starring at for a long time.. :/

    Or you can get a 120hz monitor, there is no going back after you use one of those. Same goes for 1440p
    You do know 1440p is 16:9...

    I have a 27 inch 1080p atm, and i dont see any pixels. It is all a bit over exaggerated, the pixel counting on 27 inch with 1080p. That being said, i also got a samsung screen with the same stand, and i can tell you. It can be pretty wiggly, i just tried it. I havent got issues with it, got a good desk
    But why not look at a 23/24 inch ips screen from dell for example? You will have better image quality, and i think the 23 inch ultrasharp has one of the best reaction times/lowest input lag of the ips screens.

  4. #4
    Yamakasi Catleap! I'm planning on getting 2 myself in the near future!

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral TheCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Graz (Austria)
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyuru View Post
    Yamakasi Catleap! I'm planning on getting 2 myself in the near future!
    i fear that in Austria i won't get one of these, they don't seem to be imported.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    Also I don't see how you don't care for colors and contrast? You want a good picture quality as its what you are going to be starring at for a long time.. :/
    i want a display that is fast an clear, not colorful ... the games i play are already colorful enough, and i don't think that the new display will be worse - concerning colors and so on - than my old one ...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    But why not look at a 23/24 inch ips screen from dell for example? You will have better image quality, and i think the 23 inch ultrasharp has one of the best reaction times/lowest input lag of the ips screens.
    i can't recall exactly, but i think i read somewhere that IPS panels are inferior to TS when it comes down to reaction time and ghosting ...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 10:37 PM ----------

    What do you guys think of that one:

    BenQ XL2411T, 24" (9H.L9SLB.QBE)

    I really don't want to spend more than 300€ on it and yes, i know that amazon says ~360 ... but i found a retailer in austria that has the display for just 260 ... that would be possible.

    i'm not sure about that one because i've made bad experience with BenQ displays ... all of the benq's i already had, had massive ghosting problems ...
    My signature was too big, so now I use this one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •