1. #1

    [BM] Keg smash range nerf ?

    Is it just me or something has changed ? I don't remember being forced to be against a ennemy to use keg smash before 5.1.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,810
    It's been fixed so that it no longer fires when you're out of range of something you have targeted.

    So a side effect of this is that it no longer works like Whirlwind, and more like paladin AoE (Hammer of whatever-it-is). You need to be facing your main target in melee range now.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    Is it just me or something has changed ? I don't remember being forced to be against a ennemy to use keg smash before 5.1.
    And its good that way finally. I always hated it when it went on cd without being in range to hit stuff. Like in scarlet dungeon the endboss which starts charging quickly and randomly around.
    Countless times i would hit Keg Smash when he just starts running away just to have it on cd and no chi.

  4. #4
    It does have slightly shorter range now that it's target based, the animation also changed from your character smashing the keg around them to throwing a barrel on the target(Same as dizzying haze), I preferred the old version but this version is more newcomer friendly.

  5. #5
    They made it so your primary target takes the hit of the damage, and the other targets around take considerably less damage.

    For example on Elegon, pre-patch, I could hit Elegon & all 6 orbs for 150k+. But now I hit Elegon for about the same damage, but the orbs will only take around 60-70k.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Festival View Post
    They made it so your primary target takes the hit of the damage, and the other targets around take considerably less damage.

    For example on Elegon, pre-patch, I could hit Elegon & all 6 orbs for 150k+. But now I hit Elegon for about the same damage, but the orbs will only take around 60-70k.
    Keg Smash now damage caps like other AoEs. Elegon takes more damage due to the encounter mechanics.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Keg Smash now damage caps like other AoEs. Elegon takes more damage due to the encounter mechanics.
    I didn't see the AoE damage cap in notes anywhere (could have missed it), but did notice a huge loss in damage overall on AoE packs. While it was fun to see big numbers, it still was a little OP and I could easily see all the DPS whining because on 1 trash pull they weren't top DPS. WAH......wah......

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,810
    I'm still top DPS on AoE packs as a BrM, but now it's just very good damage rather than hilariously-over-the-top damage.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  9. #9
    Keg Smash was nerfed back before 5.1. It's been a while now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •