Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Disc is the most overpowered healer now

Just look at the top rankings in 25HC mode. It's Disc and Monk all the way. And now that Monks are nerfed Discs are the top healer on seemingly every fight once again.
    I'm totally destroying everyone else in my raid (up to 10% more output than the rest of the field).

Anyone else seeing the next big nerf directed at us?
    A few weeks ago Disc was bottom tier and now - with better gear - we seem to be ahead of everyone else, just like Monks were.

Wouldn't exactly surprise me if they did considering their history of buffing then overnerfing classes in a short time span.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Oh really?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5521&e=5968
    Monks have never been capable of doing that, maybe on the first day of the expansion before they hotfixed SCK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spirit shell will probably be nerfed a bit.

Also, skilled Resto Shaman is still oh-so-clutch.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Yeah, i could see them bumping the cooldown up a bit. I'd be kind of okay with that though, even as a disc myself. It's kind of ridiculous atm, absorbing almost every big raid-wide dmg hit (especially in 10man). :P
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2012-11-29 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    There was a bug with spirit shell.. It seems they fixed it already. There are posts in the EU and US healing forums..

Disc priest logs from yesterday aren't really correct
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-07 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixan View Post
    Disc priest logs from yesterday aren't really correct
    That's nice but I never used IF during SS. Also it was like this before, only our Monk could keep up with me and now he's down in the ranks with the other healers.
    Also the logs on WoL are not just from yesterday. It has been like this for quite some time now.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-07 at 06:57 AM.

5.1 did not change anything about disc to make them OP

the hotfix for disc went live long before 5.1 was released.

This is old news.

Disc was op the moment the aegis/rapture hotfix went live that's not a new thing, ppl just exploited the spirit shell, inner focus bug to get even better rankings

...said weeks ago with the DA to 50% buff that it was over buffed.

You didn't see this coming?

No, apparently to the OP the patch notes that had 0 major changes to disc made him believe they were buffed beyond reason.

Disc was buffed weeks ago, welcome to october.

Resto Shaman here.

Disc is pretty strong atm. I can match the Disc in my raid. Like he did about 70k on Dogs, and I did 68k. However, some fights like Feng, there is no way I can catch him. I do lead in first few mins of the fight, but then fall behind as the fight goes on cause most of the damage is "healed" by him. DA and SS are his main healing spells by far. He is also a tailor, so there is the retarded tailor bonus which Blizz have completely forgotten about even though they keep saying they want all prof bonuses at the same level. He says mana isn't even an issue for him. There are fights where I beat him, but those are mostly fights where the damage is sudden and he doesn't have time to pre-cast or where the damage is constant.

Right now, Discs are in the OP zone according to some, and Paladins aren't far behind looking at the ranking. Monks are nerfed, and I believe on par with the rest.

I see a DA and SS nerf soon. Both spells are very strong right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Also having 100k Rapture procs doesnt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Also having 100k Rapture procs doesnt hurt.
    Must be nice to have 50k spirit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Must be nice to have 50k spirit...
    mana tide + trinket + trinket + tailoring = 100k rapture

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    No, apparently to the OP the patch notes that had 0 major changes to disc made him believe they were buffed beyond reason.

Disc was buffed weeks ago, welcome to october.
    I didn't even say anything about disc being buffed, what are you talking about?
    I'm just saying that after the monk nerf the only thing left to do to balance healers is to nerf discs in output AND mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Resto Shaman here.
    Disc is pretty strong atm. I can match the Disc in my raid. Like he did about 70k on Dogs, and I did 68k.
    Well, 70k is kind of low to be honest. Don't know if you're raiding NHC or HC but on HC disc should usually be able to get 10k-20k more hps in 10man and 25man.

By the way - I really like how all the top priests are logs from the last few days thanks to the Spirit Shell bug now. Completely destroyed the logs and I don't see how anyone could reach such ridiculous numbers again until like the next addon.
    Last edited by mmocddf8d25f42; 2012-11-30 at 03:53 AM.

Our disc priest managed to average 110k HPS in our 25man heroic Imperial Vizier (1st boss in HoF) attempts tonight, 2-3 times more than our resto druids/shaman and MW monk did. Might be the fight working for him but my fucking god he's sick...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I see a DA and SS nerf soon. Both spells are very strong right now.
    SS maybe, DA not a chance considering it was just buffed.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Our disc priest managed to average 110k HPS in our 25man heroic Imperial Vizier (1st boss in HoF) attempts tonight, 2-3 times more than our resto druids/shaman and MW monk did. Might be the fight working for him but my fucking god he's sick...
    Its 99% probably due to the spirit shell bug, like many of the top disc parses on WoL now. Also, most of the disc buffs happened weeks ago, I think its quite unlikely that disc healers become OP just by reading the patch notes alone...

Incoming nerfs for rapture, scales way too well with temporary spirit buffs and can bumb your mana back from 10 to 40% in just a few secconds.