1. #1

    Soul link Double dip effects

    Hi Guys 'n Girls,

    I was browsing a bit @ work and encountered something about the interaction between Soul Leech and Soul Link. Apparently the heal from Soul Leech is doubled, since the heal applies to your pet, and your pets healing is shared with you (and vice versa). I was wondering if anyone could confirm this.

    If so, would this also apply to the heal from Dark Regeneration (as this also heals your pet) and wouldn't it make it an even more powerful heal? Just tried googling it but alas to no avail. any thoughts, or could anyone test this? @work so no access

    Thanks

    Staalie
    Read the signature rules

  2. #2
    You can't have Soul Leech and Dark Regeneration at the same time. They're apart of the same talent tier.

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    You can't have Soul Leech and Dark Regeneration at the same time. They're apart of the same talent tier.
    He was inferring that the heal from Dark Regeneration would double-dip like Soul Leech does while using Soul Link, and I'm guessing GoSac? If not, it seems working as intended, since you and your pet share all healing and damage.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    He was inferring that the heal from Dark Regeneration would double-dip like Soul Leech does while using Soul Link, and I'm guessing GoSac? If not, it seems working as intended, since you and your pet share all healing and damage.
    The baseline healing Sac provides is to 'offset' the double dip you get from using a pet. Working as intended, as an often overlooked and powerful benefit of the talent.

  5. #5
    I was not referring to Sac at all. Okay here's the thing:

    1) you have soul link and a pet out
    2) you trigger dark regeneration

    Does this mean you will get more from the Dark Regeneration heal than if you wouldn't have soul link (as all healing is shared through Soul Link and both you and your pet are being healed by Dark Regeneration)? Or does this mean that in essence only half the healing occurs, thus making this heal less efficient, as all healing is split between you and your pet?
    Read the signature rules

  6. #6
    I haven't tested this out, but it would seem to be false based on the logic of how Soul Link works. Soul Link only shares a % of the healing received, based on the relative amount of health the master has vs the pet. I guess if the master had very little health and the pet almost full, it might approximate double healing. I guess I'd have to test it.

    I would think Dark Regen would not benefit since it restores a % of life, but again I'm not sure.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    3,973
    Healing and Damage are split differently by Soul Link.

    Damage compares the total health you and your pet have remaining and splits it proportionally
    Healing compares the health missing from the maximum and splits it proportionally. Thus 100% of heals can be transferred if only one member has less 100% health

    Soul Leech and Dark Regen both can transfer up to 100% of the heals from a non-damaged member to a damage member of the link (what you call double dipping)
    GoSac plus soul link increases the total health of the warlock by 20% which increases all percent based healing by 20% (e.g. Dark regen) but you cannot double dip from a pet that is not there.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    I haven't tested this out, but it would seem to be false based on the logic of how Soul Link works. Soul Link only shares a % of the healing received, based on the relative amount of health the master has vs the pet. I guess if the master had very little health and the pet almost full, it might approximate double healing. I guess I'd have to test it.

    I would think Dark Regen would not benefit since it restores a % of life, but again I'm not sure.
    That situation doesn't happen though, you and your pet are on the same % of health, so neither recipient of heals will be being overhealed. In effect you just have one big health pool that can be healed from two places simultaneously (as well as take damage from two places simultaneously).

    I've not used Dark Regen to test, but the % should be based on each health pool seperately.

  9. #9
    so theoretically if you activate soul link/quick summon your pet and then immediately trigger DR, would this cause a 200% dark regeneration?

    I know this won't get us anywhere, just interested in playing around with stuff like this
    Read the signature rules

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    so theoretically if you activate soul link/quick summon your pet and then immediately trigger DR, would this cause a 200% dark regeneration?

    I know this won't get us anywhere, just interested in playing around with stuff like this
    Not exactly. Unlike Soul Leech, Dark Regeneration's healing is proportional to you and your pet's health. So, you receive 30% of your health, and your minion receives 30% of its health. With Soul Link that healing is shared, but it's not exactly 200% of normal because your minion's health is lower than yours (even moreso with Soul Link halving it). Depending on pet choice, your minion's health with Soul Link up should be between 15 - 30% of your maximum health (last I checked anyway, it may have changed in 5.1).

  11. #11
    You're probably seeing this:

    Dark Regen heals both master and pet for a flat %.

    healing is split between master and pet, say on a standard ratio.

    Your combat log should show 4 entries:

    2 pet heals [Dark Regen healing, part of it transfered to master][Soul link healing transfered to master]
    2 player heals [Dark Regen healing, part of it transfered to pet][Soul link healing transfered to pet]

    what you might be experiencing is the SL life transfer being boosted by the +% healing aspect of Dark Regen.
    (so above, the soul link numbers are greater than the numbers paid out)

    Might be worth playing around with.

  12. #12
    The amount of "I'm not going to read your post or bother to try and understand it because I'm a Warlock God" in this thread is mind blowing. Get off your high horse, read the post, and respond in an intelligent manner, please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •