Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    SWTOR flopped due to no endgame. 1-50 SWTOR shits all over WoW. Endgame wise WoW is king, as seen in how they keep subs subscribed.
    I don't know.
    It could be my class choice (Jedi Consular) but the leveling was utter crap in SWTOR for me

Deleted
    elder scrolls is the only one im looking forward to, though im not sure that will be 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Leveling in vanilla wow was not complicated at all. People need take off their nostalgia goggles.
    It wasn't complicated, but it was very hard because of the time it took.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It wasn't complicated, but it was very hard because of the time it took.
    I don't think hard is the word you are looking for. Tedious is what I would call it (but that's probably because I played a Paladin at release)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    okay. Whoa.

Leveling in vanilla did not take months. It was not complicated. It was not diverse.

Leveling in tbc was a joke. It took days, not even a week.

The end game was varied and interesting mainly because of crafting and a long gear grind. You need a pair of boots from scholo and a rare drop book from ubrs and a trinket from lbrs and a mace from ZG and the list just kept going. The loot tables were structured in a way that items had more to offer than just their stats. Since both wow and swtor have trended away from this (hard) gearing up is significantly easier because 1 Ilv126 heavy armor aim helm is almost as good as any other of the same Ilv. You don't need a specific drop and even if you did the loot tables are much smaller because, why should they be diverse when all gear is almost the same? You feel nothing when you get a piece of loot too because it wasn't hard and theres a handful of other ones with similar stats.

Swtors end game was only a part of the problem and, in my opinion, less consequential than people realize. Something as subtle as loot tables have a large impact on people in a gear driven game.

edit: Also, don't give blizzard so much credit for mop. They lost 25% of their players over the course of cata so obviously they would change directions. its not hard.
    Leveling to 60 in vanilla took at least 10 days /played. Some people could do it in 7 days /played. Many people spent 14 days /played. Drithiend isn't incorrect. Leveling to max in vanilla took time and it wasn't a faceroll because every quest chain wrapped up with having to kill some elites that couldn't be solo'd. We used to have to group to get things done...

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Levelling in vanilla did take months. Unless you were playing almost all day almost every day. Playing casually it took most players months. And in TBC it took a week? How? By getting boosted? Because I recall my current main being created in May of 2008 and reaching 70 in July, and that is by playing 4-5 times a week. That is several weeks, not a single week.
    I usually don't post in these sort of threads but this has got to be one of the most absurd statements I've read on here. It took all of a week to go from 1-60 and that's being conservative. I was also level 70 by the 1st Friday after BC launched while having a full time job. By the time Cata launched I had 7 60s and half of those were geared in at least T2 gear.

Please stop making absurd statements since you are obviously clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think hard is the word you are looking for. Tedious is what I would call it (but that's probably because I played a Paladin at release)
    It was hard to maintain a good life and good wow life

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I usually don't post in these sort of threads but this has got to be one of the most absurd statements I've read on here. It took all of a week to go from 1-60 and that's being conservative. I was also level 70 by the 1st Friday after BC launched while having a full time job. By the time Cata launched I had 7 60s and half of those were geared in at least T2 gear.

Please stop making absurd statements since you are obviously clueless.
    You just said that you had 7 60s when Cata launched, yet you are saying that leveling in Vanilla taking months is absurd...uhh...Cata Vanilla. You trying to talk about Vanilla leveling times, while referencing Cata as to when you had your 60's, is the most absurd statement I've read on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    lvling in vanilla didn´t take months, it took longer than tbc or any other expansion but not months, and it was only complicated for like the first 20 lvls, after that it was the same, each and everytime, except the classquests, the cata 1-60 quests brought some fun into lowlvl questing

tbc was days, allthough i remember lvling in a group of 5 and doing dungeons as we were able to enter, but you could consider that powerlvling

Days?? BS. Most people could level in about 6 days /played in TBC if they were efficient at questing. Keep in mind that a day /played is 24 hours. So, sure, you could level in a 2-3 weeks if you played daily a lot. For a lot of people who play in the evening for 2-4 hours and not necessarily every day, 6 days /played is several weeks. For some people, like myself, who were new to MMOs and weren't in a rush (and did some things wrong like not pathing for quests efficiently, it could take 12-18 days /played.

You're tunnel visioning on what some people would do, not what most people did.

MoP leveling? Don't make me laugh. A friend of mine came back yesterday. Played about 10 hours. Is level 25 on his new Monk. Sure, that will slow a bit but that's silly fast compared to what it was. People forget that they've repeatedly accelerated leveling in the 1-60 bracket. The time it takes to level now is nothing like it was when TBC was fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 pages and only one mention of FF14 2.0?

I think it shows promise.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Better in what way?

I agree that WOW has gone downhill but TOR was a mess IMO as an MMO. As a stand alone solo RPG it was fun to level a toon but the list of it's MMO failings is very long and is the main reason the game failed so hard. It's arguably the biggest flop in MMO history followed closely by WAR (both EA games and both with devs from DAOC). It's still painful to think how EA destroyed two of the biggest IP's.
    Weren't Final Fantasy XIV and All Points Bulletin even bigger flops than SW:Tor ? Granted, APB went out partly because the company went into administration for other reasons, but still . . .

Totally agree on EA ruining IPs, though.

If I said about EA what I'd like to say I'd surely get my first infraction, especially if talking about EA cannabalizing developers and destroying their IPs in the process . . .

I hope it works out, aikoyamamato, but I'm thinking there are a lot of shy people about it due to 1.0

I'm intrigued by it but I'm definitely waiting for a bit after release before looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    4 pages and only one mention of FF14 2.0?

I think it shows promise.
    I remember years ago playing Final Fantasy (I don't recall which #) on console for the first time. I recall it had turn based combat and I didn't like it. I ended up playing Tomb Raider 2 or 3 instead. I haven't even looked at it since then. I didn't even know they made it into an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I remember years ago playing Final Fantasy (I don't recall which #) on console for the first time. I recall it had turn based combat and I didn't like it. I ended up playing Tomb Raider 2 or 3 instead. I haven't even looked at it since then. I didn't even know they made it into an MMO.
    Well, there was a FF11 prior to that was an MMO.

One I'm looking forward to is either FFXIV or Blade and Soul.

MMO is a game based around the community.
    It only makes sense for newcomers to generally flock around the one that is largest.

Its the only reason WoW leads.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Leveling to 60 in vanilla took at least 10 days /played. Some people could do it in 7 days /played. Many people spent 14 days /played. Drithiend isn't incorrect. Leveling to max in vanilla took time and it wasn't a faceroll because every quest chain wrapped up with having to kill some elites that couldn't be solo'd. We used to have to group to get things done...
    Um.

No.

How about 3 to 5.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Um.

No.

How about 3 to 5.
    To be fair I specifically remember it taking 14+ days, not accounting for noob factor. It could be up to 3 weeks a.f.a.i.r.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    To be fair I specifically remember it taking 14+ days, not accounting for noob factor. It could be up to 3 weeks a.f.a.i.r.
    Well, he was talking about days played. So like, /played.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Heh, took me about 8 months

Atm Rift is the only game anywhere near the quality of WoW. Rift is where I'll be going when Blizz stops WoW, but that'll be in a long time (: