Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    A reminder again.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Let's get back on the topic of MMO's coming out in 2013, guys.

WoW Killer.. Pfft..

Blizz will be the one to kill WoW, thats one of the reason they are hesitant on releasing there next MMO...

2013 will bring us..

Bland & Soul (free)
    ESO
    NeverWinter (f2p)
    Wildstar (probably f2p)

A few more is there, just can't rememberm.. All said and done ESO is the next major one though but looking shaky, here why.. The majority of the mmo market doesn't see it viable to continue paying $15 sub (maybe a cheaper sub-model is needed, like $5 or $10 a month) WoW being victim to this also.... 2) Players are expecting ESO to be close to skyrim or past Elder experiences and have said features like player housing at launch and as such wont give dev time to fully flesh out there idea.. The list can go on..

Deleted
    f2p seems like the way to go.
    I think firefall will be released as well.

However I dont mind paying subs depending on the model. I wouldn't sub to star wars because it gives you such an advantage over f2p members that it's just not fun. But I do sub for planetside2 now because the benefits are good without being game breaking, you cant tell in game if someone is a subscriber or not. I just wish that f2p models were implemented better in many games, pay or grind is way more fair than p2win... especially if there isnt gamebreaking stats and a gear progress model in the game.

Firefall is a lot fun but it's not a game that will have you playing day after day for the long term. It's a drop in and out type game. I'm not sure the OP is looking for an FPS even one in an mmo format but it is certainly a game to take a look at.

Bungie is working on a new game, possibly series. hints of it leaked in the past few weeks, and easter eggs / hints are being found in Halo games, specifically Halo ODST. The current name it's going by is Project Destiny.

Around the time ODST came out, they where mass highering new Server Engineers and PS3 game developers, and a whole new wave of 30 artists/storyboarders.

Various rumors going around, most popular being a FPS-MMO with a social-story depth equal to Star Wars.
    Last edited by Arkuri; 2012-12-04 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did match expectations, it sold over 2 million copies. The internal finances were a mess though and they ran out of money before finishing the MMO (Project Capernicus) so the company closed down. And it wasn't a direct translation of KoA into a MMO, it was even more stylized, but it did take place in the same universe IIRC.
    afaik Project Copernicus was hardly a KoA MMO. That, or the art style which is totally different threw me off.
    Copernicus was designed by Todd McFarlane for whom I didn't have much hope left after the abominations called 'Spawn'-games, however Project Copernicus looked very, VERY promising.

I don't expect to ever get a release, seeing Rhode Island wandts their 75 mil back and no one will ever fork out that amount of cash for an unfinished game

Just putting this here: http://www.gameofthronesmmo.com/

Personally, I didn't see a lot of promise just by looking at the trailer vid; which is unfortunate as it will be another beloved franchise with a black mark

...but I have been wrong before on MMO predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just putting this here: http://www.gameofthronesmmo.com/

Personally, I didn't see a lot of promise just by looking at the trailer vid; which is unfortunate as it will be another beloved franchise with a black mark

...but I have been wrong before on MMO predictions.
    It's browser based, which can be a strike against it (and probably is given the nature of the IP), and it's Bigpoint...I have no hope. This game will make the tri-fecta of bad GoT games; the terrible RTS, the terrible RPG, and now the terrible browser based MMO. Damn shame.

Game of Thrones is an IP that a video game can't do it justice in my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Well, he was talking about days played. So like, /played.
    That's what I am talking about too.

If you played all the time, which meant no rested, I specifically remember it taking forever for your first character. Alt tabbing to check thottbot every 5 minutes since you had no idea where anything was, taking half an hour to form a group for any instance, and getting ganked by people who had already leveled faster than you. I mean just being in STV or anywhere near Tarren Mill/southshore meant you were going to be corpse running for hours trying to do quests.

I can see how people on a PvE server leveled faster, but on Mannoroth shit was always real.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:12 AM ----------

It's browser based, which can be a strike against it (and probably is given the nature of the IP), and it's Bigpoint...I have no hope. This game will make the tri-fecta of bad GoT games; the terrible RTS, the terrible RPG, and now the terrible browser based MMO. Damn shame.
    Luckily not even all those bad games can destroy what the books and now show have going for them. Thank heavens for that little bit of sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

If you played all the time, which meant no rested, I specifically remember it taking forever for your first character. Alt tabbing to check thottbot every 5 minutes since you had no idea where anything was, taking half an hour to form a group for any instance, and getting ganked by people who had already leveled faster than you. I mean just being in STV or anywhere near Tarren Mill/southshore meant you were going to be corpse running for hours trying to do quests.

I can see how people on a PvE server leveled faster, but on Mannoroth shit was always real.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:12 AM ----------

Luckily not even all those bad games can destroy what the books and now show have going for them. Thank heavens for that little bit of sanity.
    Oh thotbot questing how I miss you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Firefall is a lot fun but it's not a game that will have you playing day after day for the long term. It's a drop in and out type game. I'm not sure the OP is looking for an FPS even one in an mmo format but it is certainly a game to take a look at.
    Firefall PVP is fun. Hopefully they keep up with it and add maps and game types. I dunno why I thoroughly enjoy playing an FPS in third person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

The first character I level was a rogue... So I did not have that problem.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Blade & Soul is looking great if you're into Asian themes. (didn't read through the thread so sorry if it's been mentioned before)
    http://us.bladeandsoul.com/uk/
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I need to find another great game like Ultima Online or EverQuest were when I first started playing those.
    There's your problem, you won't.

Do like I did and accept that no game will ever match those, and it's easier to find enjoyment in the plethora of subpar, watered down, unable-to-deliver-on-promises, marketing hype-driven, shameless carbon copy MMOs on the market.

Oh dear it appears I'm a bit jaded though (albeit rightfully so).

also inb4 "trollololol rose tinted glasses bro" - you're an MMO nab and your opinion is irrelevant by default.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-12-04 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    There's your problem, you won't.
    Nothing will ever match your first mmo experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I usually don't post in these sort of threads but this has got to be one of the most absurd statements I've read on here. It took all of a week to go from 1-60 and that's being conservative. I was also level 70 by the 1st Friday after BC launched while having a full time job. By the time Cata launched I had 7 60s and half of those were geared in at least T2 gear.

Please stop making absurd statements since you are obviously clueless.
    My recollection was Vanilla took some time, due to many quests needing groups, travel times, many quests were hard to figure out at times...people got sidetracked to grind gold for mounts, cool items - ahh good times.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:28 PM ----------

I am expecting big thing things form Elderscrolls MMO, I really hope it is epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Nothing has been released since WoW thats even worth playing longer than a month or two.
    Subjective opinion is subjective.

I happen to think Rift, GW2, LOTRO, and a number of other games are worth playing for more than a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    WoW's next xpac. I am not trolling.
    Too soon IMO. I'd say MoP will have about 18 months before WoW 6.0

10+ Year Old Account
    During those two periods, getting from level 1 to level 60 or 70, respectively, took months.
    Joana took 4 days to make 1-60 with a hunter. You're probably the most misinformed WoW player I've ever met.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 05:22 PM ----------

Better in what way?
    Gameplay. But I'm aware that some MMO players care more about lore and "realism" rather than gameplay itself. But as a gamer, I can't see a single argument to worship WoW and say that GW2 isn't worth to play more than a month.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar- Hoping it will be 2013. Not that many videos out there but what I have seen I do like.

Blade & Soul- Haven't been following this one closely but what I have seen looks good.

Firefall- Great game, but definitely still very much a beta. Very little individual sense of progression at this point.