What forum should I use for my website?

So I'm making a website through WordPress, and I want one that allows you to upload Word documents and similar to a forum where they'll be up for others to read and rate. Standard forums (where you can just post the text) don't really work well as they just take the text - formatting and paragraphs are lost.

This may be a silly question to ask, but any information/suggestion would be appreciated.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

Doesn't Wordpress have an "import from word" function for blog posts?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Specifically, you could use ANY forum provided you set up an account with privileges to embed HTML in the posts. Off the top of my head, i'm pretty sure PHPBB, Invision and SMF can all do this. If you've already got a main website, and it's running on a CMS (it is, Wordpress), it's not uncommon to be able to find forums that integrate with the CMS itself, and this is often the best way of getting a seamless look and feel.

Back to posting from Word to forums though, HTML embedding is the way. Simply export from Word as HTML (this is a standard export or "save as" option), copy only what's in between the <body> and <body> tags, and then paste it to your forum. I've not dealt with Word HTML in many years, so i'm not sure if it exports with any "prequisites" in the <head> section or not. I'd hazard that it wouldn't be an issue to gut only the code you need out of the file for posting, ignoring anything non-essential.

If Wordpress allows HTML content in articles/posts, then the same steps and rules apply.

If you're looking to import to the forum directly from Word, then i don't know of a solution to this. Butler Log mentions Wordpress might support it, but i've no experience with that so can't comment.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace
    Knows: Node.js, JS, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL, Ruby

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Doesn't Wordpress have an "import from word" function for blog posts?
    It may, but I want it for my forums.

Synthaxx, thanks for the info, but what exactly would HTML importing do? I can't test it right now, but what's different about that and simply posting the text?
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    It may, but I want it for my forums.

Synthaxx, thanks for the info, but what exactly would HTML importing do? I can't test it right now, but what's different about that and simply posting the text?
    HTML provides the formatting. For example, this would make text red and bold;
    Code:
    <font color="Red"><B>Red Bold Text</B></font>
    Alternative;
    Code:
    <font color="Red"><Strong>Red Bold Text</Strong></font>
    That's what HTML does. Essentially, HTML contains the formatting but it's in a way that web browsers can understand.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Sorry for the late response (I was away for the weekend), but that doesn't mean it's possible to outright copy a Word-document into a forum HTML editbox and expect it to retain its formatting, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Sorry for the late response (I was away for the weekend), but that doesn't mean it's possible to outright copy a Word-document into a forum HTML editbox and expect it to retain its formatting, right?
    If it's a CMS type system where it understands formatting from copy-paste, then yes. If it's a forum like this that just accepts text, then you'll need to copy the code itself.