How solo Viscidus as prot?

I'm a pally, how is it possible to solo him?

Deleted
    Not, you need frost spells to freeze him ---> then while he is frozen you need to hit him a x amount of times to let him die.
    So you need frost oil enchantment but its not engough probably because you cant do enough hits i think.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are able to solo him, you just need to get a weapon that has the Elemental Force enchant, since it does frost damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Go to Bruunhildar Village in Storm peaks.
    2: Buy +frost damage weapon from vendor.
    3: Acquire summoning trinket. 3 Servant trinket from Scholo is fine, but anything that summons at least 1 mob to assist you in combat, usable anywhere will work. (Mob must melee).
    4: Attack Viscidus. Get to 1% hp normal Prot way.
    5: Equip +frost damage weapon. Freeze boss.
    6: Use trinket, equip previous fast weapon/shield, pop moves that allow you to attack faster, wail on boss.
    7: If you do 30 hits in 30 seconds, you win. If you fail, you can start it all over again. Collect loots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not, you need frost spells to freeze him
    Can no longer be true, I have no frost dmg on my warlock, not even elemental force enchant. And I could kill him without problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Can no longer be true, I have no frost dmg on my warlock, not even elemental force enchant. And I could kill him without problems.
    were u doing "frost/fire" damg spells? or jsut shadowflame or er that sorta thing that was "counting" for the frost damg required? or your pet might have frostfire as one of it's abilities?

Deleted
    you know what's weird? a few weeks ago i decided to solo AQ40 and came across viscidus (never seen or heard of him before), and I was thinking, all these years i've been playing this game not knowing some bosses exist, and now i'm seeing a lot of threads about him.

just thought I'd share that with you all

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Are you Demonology? Chaos Damage contains Frost.

You don't need frost dmg anymore.. Hubby and I duo'd him the other day. Fury warrior and Feral Druid.. no frost abilities at all. And he died easily enough.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharalla View Post
    You don't need frost dmg anymore.. Hubby and I duo'd him the other day. Fury warrior and Feral Druid.. no frost abilities at all. And he died easily enough.
    That is weird you say that. I went in there on Friday during my pet adventures. Got him down to 1% and that could not kill him. Prot Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    you know what's weird? a few weeks ago i decided to solo AQ40 and came across viscidus (never seen or heard of him before), and I was thinking, all these years i've been playing this game not knowing some bosses exist, and now i'm seeing a lot of threads about him.

just thought I'd share that with you all
    It's because he drops a pet now. Before that, no one could be bothered.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I killed him yesterday as a feral druid. I just grabbed a few Frost Oils and an old TBC weapon from the bank. It took a few minutes to break him, but not too bad. +Frost damage from storm peaks sounds like it should speed things up nicely though.