Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Ok so you know? dailys really arent that bad!......

I have to confess im one of these ex daily qqers, I hated the idea of them, the idea of spending weeks grinding just to get gear was incredibly tedious sounding to me.......but you know what? now ive got into them ive been converted, you know why?

First of all, they dont take nearly the time people claim they do, If im on a session where I can get all done in one go thats an hour, hour and a half max maybe a bit longer if I take my time.

You dont have to do them everyday.....the only reason to do that is if your impatient and want the rewards as fast as possible....and thats your own prerogative not blizzards....I have to admit I did a few days in a row last week and was feeling a bit burned out from doing them over, but I only play casually at the end of the week anyway if at all as I work 12 hour shifts from thurs-saturday so Ive had a few days break from them been doing other stuff in the game and now ive come back to start them again today it feels refreshing again.

Its not the only way to get gear by any means.....I haven't got a single item of gear yet from the dailys, im gearing up through lfr and lfg and im saving up all my valor for careful buys when ive exhausted the loot tables from or got bored of lfr.....for example I almost wasted a lot of my valor on the caster necklace from the klaxxi...until I relised I can get the same level piece from lfr.

Its not just about gear, grinding through these dailys has whacked my guild rep up to exalted now with all the questing and I have now got myself as a result the dark phoenix flying mount, the kor`kran annihilator ground mount and the lil teracosga hatchling mini pet, as well as that im pretty close to getting my first cloud serpent and some neat gear for fishing from the anglers as well as during the archeology quest for the order of the cloud serpent I uncovered the umbrella of chi-ji caster offhand which will serve my lock as a decent offhand until I get a drop from lfr etc........my point is theres a lot you can receive from doing these.

So my advice to the people still qqing about the dailys, is give them a try! they are not as tedious as they look depending on your playstyle and you can get some awesome stuff from them.

Good to see one of the misguided has returned to the flock
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try doing them as a Holly Paladin ! One hour to kill a single mob :P (no i dont have enough gear for my off spec yet)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
    Try doing them as a Holly Paladin ! One hour to kill a single mob :P (no i dont have enough gear for my off spec yet)
    surly you can gather enough gear from even quest greens at 90 to run with your offspec? not as if ne of the daily's are particularly gear dependent. I imagine it is hard to run as a healer however healers were never designed to be able to solo content quickly thats why there is the option of a dps/tank offspec

The only thing I do not like is that if I want charms for extra rolls, dailies are the only way to get them. Not like we are forced to do them but it would just be nice if there were more options.

Deleted
    Trolololololloolll

Mod Edit: Please try to post more constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-12-02 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Trolololololloolll

Mod Edit: Please try to post more constructively.
    People like him never will post constructively they are simply incapable of adult thinking :P

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-04 at 04:21 AM.

I too hated dailies before...now i dont mind much they are kinda fun
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    I enjoy dailies.

Regardless of reward, they're a nice little thing I can do alone in a few minutes that require little to no thinking, it's a nice way to blow some time when you just want to zone out and listen to the radio or something.

They're great when done in moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not say that I enjoy dailies, but they are not as bad as some people make them out to be. Only doing dailies because of the charms and rep anyway.

There's nothing wrong with dailies. It's a perception issue from a playerbase who has morphed into an 'immediate gratification' cult over the years this game has been in existence.

The only problem I had with dailies is that you literally could not spend your valor points without doing them. Now that we have the valor item upgrade system, I could care less about them tbh.

The golden lotus were the only ones that really bugged me, with the three separate areas. Other dailies are 5-9 quests all at once, which go much more quickly.

Well, shado-pan on the insect island that randomly stealths you so you fall to your death from 1000 feet up sucks pretty hard too.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    You dont have to do them everyday.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    They're great when done in moderation.
    Quote Originally Posted by korsic View Post
    The only problem I had with dailies is that you literally could not spend your valor points without doing them. Now that we have the valor item upgrade system, I could care less about them tbh.
    The last quote just took the words out of my mouth.

You still need to do some dailies to get 90 lesser charms per week. Dailies are the only source of charms.

Of course if you buckled down and hit dailies hard, you probably have 2-3 months of lesser charms saved up. But there'll be new raid content in 5.2.

i would love these dailies, because they give me lore and shit i like. but the mobs take ages to kill... i'm in the full blue pvp set, as that was the easiest i could get. the domination point stuff? i can barely eve do the spirit trap quest without dying. it's a pain, just wish they would go back to the way the argent tournament was. get in, take on 5+ mobs, move on to the next quest, get done. no need to make these things tedious.

Use the gear vendors and get some ret stuff. Yes, its not that great, but its more than good enough to start doing dailies

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i would love these dailies, because they give me lore and shit i like. but the mobs take ages to kill... i'm in the full blue pvp set, as that was the easiest i could get. the domination point stuff? i can barely eve do the spirit trap quest without dying. it's a pain, just wish they would go back to the way the argent tournament was. get in, take on 5+ mobs, move on to the next quest, get done. no need to make these things tedious.
    Not sure what you mean, as a fresh level 90 on my Warrior, DK, and Pally I've had no problems with dailies

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korsic View Post
    This is my issue too. If they were optional, no big deal. As it stands they are mandatory to unlock rep.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Nothing ushers in the Holidays like seeing the drupes of the Holly Paladin ripen and turn bright red.

OT: You know they have vendors that you can purchase gear from that is perfectly fine for dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    I have to confess im one of these ex daily qqers, I hated the idea of them, the idea of spending weeks grinding just to get gear was incredibly tedious sounding to me.......but you know what? now ive got into them ive been converted, you know why?

First of all, they dont take nearly the time people claim they do, If im on a session where I can get all done in one go thats an hour, hour and a half max maybe a bit longer if I take my time.

You dont have to do them everyday.....the only reason to do that is if your impatient and want the rewards as fast as possible....and thats your own prerogative not blizzards....I have to admit I did a few days in a row last week and was feeling a bit burned out from doing them over, but I only play casually at the end of the week anyway if at all as I work 12 hour shifts from thurs-saturday so Ive had a few days break from them been doing other stuff in the game and now ive come back to start them again today it feels refreshing again.

Its not the only way to get gear by any means.....I haven't got a single item of gear yet from the dailys, im gearing up through lfr and lfg and im saving up all my valor for careful buys when ive exhausted the loot tables from or got bored of lfr.....for example I almost wasted a lot of my valor on the caster necklace from the klaxxi...until I relised I can get the same level piece from lfr.

Its not just about gear, grinding through these dailys has whacked my guild rep up to exalted now with all the questing and I have now got myself as a result the dark phoenix flying mount, the kor`kran annihilator ground mount and the lil teracosga hatchling mini pet, as well as that im pretty close to getting my first cloud serpent and some neat gear for fishing from the anglers as well as during the archeology quest for the order of the cloud serpent I uncovered the umbrella of chi-ji caster offhand which will serve my lock as a decent offhand until I get a drop from lfr etc........my point is theres a lot you can receive from doing these.

So my advice to the people still qqing about the dailys, is give them a try! they are not as tedious as they look depending on your playstyle and you can get some awesome stuff from them.

there is a reason you don't feel the need to to every daily every day.
    You are a LFR player, if you were a "true Raider" you would be doing it.

Not flaming just if you were actually into raiding you would feel the need to keep your gear up to date with every possible advantage you could get so you don't drag your guild and can start HC has fast has possible and get it over with.