Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Terribad on Will of Emperor

Hey guys,
    I need some help on will of the emperor because I have just been terrible on it. Worked real hard on my rotation and have bumped my dps up to about 50th-75th percentile on MSV and HoF, but I'm consistently sub 10th percent on Will. Seriously, we're talkin' consistent 30k at 487 ilvl. I'm not great, but I don't think I qualify as this much of a baddie. Any help/ideas on dps in there?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2347&e=2972

Deleted
    You have an uptime of 50% which is most certainly the culprit.

also:

As you have 0 strikes.
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-12-03 at 03:25 PM.

Man, that should come with an epilepsy warning. So, you're saying try harder to always be hitting something. And don't suck at devastating combo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Man, that should come with an epilepsy warning. So, you're saying try harder to always be hitting something. And don't suck at devastating combo?
    essentially ^^

Sit on boss unless your ranged are terrible and directly need your help on the adds. Dodge combos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Save your CD's for gas phase.

Compare and contrast ability usage with high ranking logs. That kind of DPS - You might be messing up your abilities / rage pooling / CS dumping while trying to avoid mechanics.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14026&e=14457

I did ok, so I can answer your questions as to my log. You can go higher. Imo though the higher ranks have had a Bloodlust in Execute phase/More Execute crits so they were never rage starved and had execute spam, while I didn't and hit only two crits.
    Last edited by Roseby; 2012-12-03 at 05:21 PM.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Also, as the only other plate wearer, I'm tanking the Strengths. Don't know if that matters. And roseby, I will definitely be scouring your logs, thanks.

Also, as the only other plate wearer, I'm tanking the Strengths. Don't know if that matters. And roseby, I will definitely be scouring your logs, thanks.
    I hope you're not going into defensive stance for them. I'm also on the strengths in my guild and I have no issues pulling respectable DPS. Tank strengths, dodge them properly and leave Rages for ranged most of the time. If no strength or courage, dance dance with the boss. As others have said, save cds for the titan gas. Are you having issues like running between targets, or what do you think is the main reason for your poor performance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your guild leaders that you should be on adds, period, and the rogue should learn to dance. We have a ton of utility. I'd recommend the HS/Cleave snare glyph, taking Piercing Howl (adds cannot be rooted I think, may be wrong), Shockwave and Stormbolt, and saving people from adds by controlling them (fear, stun, snare). Also, Avatar is bad now, and should only be used on fights like Elegon or Bladelord.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8n...um/damageDone/ This was with me on adds. If you simply MUST dance, glyph the Enraged Speed- makes it a lot easier, and I'd take it over the Heroic leap glyph even if you aren't dancing(so, snare/ unending/ enraged speed).
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-12-03 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Warrior can do some utterly crazy DPS on the bosses, just get better at dancing basically

Deleted
    Drop Avatar, please.. Use bloodbath macro it into DR speccially if you are tanking Strenghts.
    Dont stand in the stun. When gas phase is up pop baner/cds, burn strenght down and go on boss. Boss probly will be in the middle of a combo so you wont get the strike anyway. But still leap in and dodge while attacking. The boss has a fairly decent hitbox, use it. Use battle stance as you wont get damage unless you fail and stand in the stun pool. Use berserker rage in gas phase to max things.

Other then that, hit your buttons harder!

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Warrior can do some utterly crazy DPS on the bosses, just get better at dancing basically
    I do 72k on this fight, just with normal dps on boss and dancing. So I would have to agree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raioku View Post
    I do 72k on this fight, just with normal dps on boss and dancing. So I would have to agree here.

Even that seems low. I'm tipping 100k pretty easily even with all the movement and courage add switching. It all about winning at the dance and make sure you have as much uptime as possible (charging to courages instead of walking, leaping out of arcs for more DPS, etc)

First, you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the advice. Except for the one person who said to just hit adds, it sounds like boss work will make it better. Jump in on everything else when things get crazy. Our rogue is awesome so I might just tell him to go tank the strengths since I have to go defensive to pull off him anyways. Other than that, I have a new computer and am finally not playing on a laptop anymore, so we'll see how we do tonight. Who knows, maybe not having PUG tanks will help too.

Deleted
    You dont have to go defensive stance or anything, Just use your taunt, you should have melee on the boss/ranged on rages and then on the strenghts.

Heroic throw and taunt should be enough to get aggro and to get your rotation going. After that its completely yours if not Taunt again.

good luck further!

Deleted
    Hey m8 I do agree with what the other warriors said. 30k Seems pretty low, i am pulling 85-90k on my warrior with 486 ilvl. It's really a melee friendly fight (unless u fail at dance and get deva combo to the face xD it took me quite some time to get used to it aswell while we were progressing, but now i can do it even without the enrage regen glyph ) Other tips i could give to you would be to save ur CDs for gas phases. Since gas phase is on a set timer and 1st gas happens about 3:10 minutes into the fight, i am using Skull banner with CDs on first rager spawn and the strength. By doing that SB comes off CD right when gas is being cast. And usually you also get a gas phase sub 20%, where you would really shine. That's when i just cap rage use CDs and sit/zerg through the bosses health with 700k+ execute crits. I don't even care to dance, since it's a dps loss to eventually get a hit that does 500k, but missing 1 or more 700k executes.

Hope i have helped a bit and also get bigwigs :P It tells you which direction the boss is casting his devastating arc (only if u have problems with avoiding it ofc) GL with deeps and lewts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would being a plate wearer matter? Anyone can tank it, just run 3 steps forward and back each smash.

Well, we did WotE last night and I have good news; I DID AVERAGE DPS!!! Hazaa!

Told raid lead to go f*** himself, like Freedom recommended (not really, but pretty much "hey, az can do strengths, I'm hittin bosses), and learned to dance. Before this week, I've been playing with a laptop [read: only a touchpad] so it was a lot easier to run around. Two attempts and I got an opportunistic strike in both. Granted that means I suck at dancing, but that's still an improvement from never getting one before. Unfortunately, I thought for some reason it would be better to line it up with colossus smash so the strike expired and I didn't get the damage...whamp whamp. All in all though, doubled my effective dps from 30k to 58k, and more importantly, felt like I contributed to the raid rather than being a drain on it.

Also, wanted y'all's thoughts on something along the lines of what Exhumator was saying. Since damage taken=rage in Bers stance, how good of an idea is it to intentionally stand in the (non-stunning) slashes during execute phase?

10+ Year Old Account
    The debuff is nasty, and the strike is 500k, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Also, wanted y'all's thoughts on something along the lines of what Exhumator was saying. Since damage taken=rage in Bers stance, how good of an idea is it to intentionally stand in the (non-stunning) slashes during execute phase?
    Not a good one at all. Stay in battle and follow the <20% priority while dodging.