10+ Year Old Account

Blood DK DPS and weapon damage.

Since Blood DK's get alot of their damage from so called strikes, the ones that is based of your weapon damage like Death Strike, Rune Strike and so on. While we get like 75% of our damage from this kind of sources.. and other tanks get a lower number. Does this mean we will scale well into the next tiers if they decide to keep the scaling the way it is.

Addendum: If someone care to explain it to me, how exactly does Vengeance work?
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    It means that our best source of damage is weapon damage but it's a minor part for us compared to active mitigation (and this part is not affected by weapon damage).

Vengeance

200k unmitigated damage taken through 1 hit = 4k attack power gained for the next 20 seconds.

After 1 second.

150k unmitigated damage taken through 1 hit = 3k attack power gained for the next 20 seconds.

That makes a total of 7k attack power gained for the next 19 seconds and after that time 3k attack power for 1 second.

It should work like that.

I find that with tanks of similar gear level, DKs naturally rank fairly high in the dps category. Part of this is due to our 35% execute (which I recently have tried to begin using more effectively) and overall increased dps. As far as scaling goes, weapon damage is a big factor, but not an *incredibly* big thing. I would keep doing whatcha doing, unless you are planning on min/maxing.
    Good Luck!

soul reaper is very easy to introduce into your rotation as blood thankfully, and yea i typically give my dps crap(jokingly) because I can push their numbers while tanking (yay vengeance)

Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    soul reaper is very easy to introduce into your rotation as blood thankfully, and yea i typically give my dps crap(jokingly) because I can push their numbers while tanking (yay vengeance)
    Idk if thats a good thing for you, or a bad thing for your dps lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hblood View Post
    Idk if thats a good thing for you, or a bad thing for your dps lol
    Well SR scales with AP so high vengance means it'll hit like a truck.