Bladestorm as prot

I love using bladestorm as prot, for both raids and HC`s. The reason being is that it does 240% weapon damage as prot. Swap over to a 2 hander and let it rip. Feels like I`m the only protection warrior out there running Bladestorm as prot. Granted, on single target its kinda...meeeh. But the ability to melt trashpacks in Heroics (or AoE fights in general) Its smile-ear-to-ear worthy. And it has some useages in raids aswell. (Being able to solo 3/6 sparks on Elegeon etc etc ) What I am wondering though. Am I just being flabbergasted by the 6 sec output, and ignoring thing 1,5 min downtime. Or have I "figured" out a way to make Bladestorm usefull for Prot?

/cast Recklessness
    /cast Avatar
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /use Gauntlets of Ancient Steel
    /cast Bladestorm
    /equip Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm

Is the macro I use, if anyone else wants to try it out.

And if any Warriors experienced in tanking the 4th boss in HoF, How is your DPS compared to the "real DPS" in p1? Given the amount of vengance and AoE effects you can pop out? Me and my fellow warrior tank tend to be 20-30% ahead of the rest depending on how we use our bladestorms. My question is this. Do you guys average around the same on the fight NOT using bladestorm (aka Vengance carries us all) or has it an actualy use besides making me smile :P

What's up with /use Gauntlets of Ancient Steel? What does that do?

Erm. Do you use it while tanking mobs?

4th boss HoF, if you're tanking a significant amount of mobs, how do you get 6 seconds of time without a shield to blade storm? Or do you have the other tank mocking banner, then you spin, then you mocking banner, they spin, then after that its back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    What's up with /use Gauntlets of Ancient Steel? What does that do?
    Engineering enchant on gloves is my bet

engineering attack spd+ i imagine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyy View Post
    Erm. Do you use it while tanking mobs?

4th boss HoF, if you're tanking a significant amount of mobs, how do you get 6 seconds of time without a shield to blade storm? Or do you have the other tank mocking banner, then you spin, then you mocking banner, they spin, then after that its back to normal?
    I use it too in Mel'jarak but asking for a HoS/Pain Suppression first, and adding /cast Demoralizing Shout to the macro. Even in Heroic you won't die or drop too much from it (pd: 1 tank). If you are using the HoS or PS for other things, or don't have them, don't risk it, they will drop you low. It's ok with only Demo in normal, though.

PD: Bloodbath it's even better for it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyper View Post
    I love using bladestorm as prot, for both raids and HC`s. The reason being is that it does 240% weapon damage as prot. Swap over to a 2 hander and let it rip. Feels like I`m the only protection warrior out there running Bladestorm as prot. Granted, on single target its kinda...meeeh. But the ability to melt trashpacks in Heroics (or AoE fights in general) Its smile-ear-to-ear worthy. And it has some useages in raids aswell. (Being able to solo 3/6 sparks on Elegeon etc etc ) What I am wondering though. Am I just being flabbergasted by the 6 sec output, and ignoring thing 1,5 min downtime. Or have I "figured" out a way to make Bladestorm usefull for Prot?

/cast Recklessness
    /cast Avatar
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Bladestorm

And if any Warriors experienced in tanking the 4th boss in HoF, How is your DPS compared to the "real DPS" in p1? Given the amount of vengance and AoE effects you can pop out? Me and my fellow warrior tank tend to be 20-30% ahead of the rest depending on how we use our bladestorms. My question is this. Do you guys average around the same on the fight NOT using bladestorm (aka Vengance carries us all) or has it an actualy use besides making me smile :P
    Sounds like hella fun!! Just a little quality of life upgrade to your macro mate, instead of the line "/use gauntlets of ancient steel" just put /use 10,

10 being the equipment slot for your gloves therefore when you upgrade your gloves you don't have to change the name in the macro as it just looks for the slot, works for trinkets too /use 13 or 14

Hope this helps

Ah, thanks for the /use 10 thingy, forgot that

And for the ones wondering if you melt equipping a 2 hander. Use Demoshout and have a macro ready that makes you equip your sword and board quickly. Secondly remeber that you can pop Cry/Last stand while doing the storm. The combo of Demoshout/Last Stand should be more than enough to survive the extra damage taken. Regarding the /use gauntlet its just a minor 1k strength use.

But the big selling point for using bladestorm is the 240% weapon damage. For some fights where insta-early threat is NEEDED (Dogs in MV comes to mind) I do not think there is anything else in the warrior arsenal that have a higher initial threat without vengeance. And outside raids it makes heroics oh so fun when you start gettin some gear. Do some sick pulls (pref 2-6 packs depending on instance) and in my experience there are few trashmobs that survive the spin-to-win combo.

Im going to try this next raid. I like the idea of being able to play Spin to Win in both LoL and WoW :P

Yay, I love using Whirlwind as prot too - why it never sprung to my mind that equipping a 2hander for those 6 seconds is a darn good idea i honestly don't know.

*copies macro*

Deleted
    For some fights where insta-early threat is NEEDED (Dogs in MV comes to mind) I do not think there is anything else in the warrior arsenal that have a higher initial threat without vengeance. And outside raids it makes heroics oh so fun when you start gettin some gear. Do some sick pulls (pref 2-6 packs depending on instance) and in my experience there are few trashmobs that survive the spin-to-win combo.
    Mocking banner works wonders and pretty sure dragon roar is a lot higher dps wise.
    But for snap threat on lots of adds i can def see the value (just wish DR would produce aggro

I can't see this being that beneficial though as that would be 6 seconds without a shield, and even with mocking banner out, a boss will decimate you, especially with no shield. At least that's what I'm thinking.

More of a trash talent for prot. I don't see a need to spec for 1-2 trash pulls per boss myself.

Deleted

/cast Recklessness
    /cast Avatar
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Bladestorm

Swifty already made a video about it, so its not a revolution and widely known. Sorry