Thread: One Change

One Change

Just curious, what is the one change that WoW could make that would reverse whether you play or not?

Put simply, If you still play WoW: What is the one thing that if Blizzard changed you would quit?

If you no longer play WoW: What is the one thing that if Blizzard changed you would come back?

If there is no change that would make you quit/come back that is fine too, but not the purpose of this thread.

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of different opinions, so try not to turn this into a flamefest.

For me personally, I no longer play so the one thing Blizzard could change to bring me back would be the talent system. My biggest gripe with Cataclysm was the talent point every other level, and the MoP system just makes it worse. I want a talent point every level again, then I might consider resubbing.

What about you? What would make you quit or come back?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    RMAH, simple as that.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    RMAH, simple as that.
    At first I couldn't think of anything, but if players could buy level 90s with gear or just buy gear in the first place, then that would be a very strong quitting point.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    If you no longer play WoW: What is the one thing that if Blizzard changed you would come back?
    Reducing or eliminating the monthly fee.

There are quite a pieces of gear that's only available through BMAH. For example, the BiS bracers for enh/hunters. They either forgot to put them on t13 bosses or intentionally wanted players to spend money on BMAH to get them. BTW, this was reported in MoP beta and current bug report, hunters, and suggestion forums, so I'm leaning towards the latter.

If you still play WoW: What is the one thing that if Blizzard changed you would quit?
    RMAH or WorldPvP on all servers all the time.

If they would increase the sub price to $25 a person so only the people who REALLY love the game would want to pay to play and the haters would leave over the price hike.

If you still play WoW: What is the one thing that if Blizzard changed you would quit?
    If WPVP became a mandatory stepping stone to raiding. (Even heroic raiding.) I can barely tolerate the current daily questlines.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    At first I couldn't think of anything, but if players could buy level 90s with gear or just buy gear in the first place, then that would be a very strong quitting point.
    Plus, if it works the same way D3's RMAH did, useful gear drop rates will be lowered, in-game gear ilvls will be less than those on the RMAH, and absolutely no one would use the in-game AH anymore.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Integrate daily quests with dungeons, so you have the option of doing 3-4 dailies solo, or queuing for a dungeon and knocking out an equivalent 3-4 dailies by completing the instance (which would make you ineligible to do the solo versions). I find dailies to be the epitome of boring but enjoy dungeons, I wish I could have worked on reps by doing them.

RMAH or world pvp disabled on pvp servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still play WoW.

I don't know if there is one singular thing that would make me completely drop the game instantly. I'm not a very rash person and even with a drastic change, I'd probably stick around and feel how it plays out first before stopping. The scenario that would me most wary was if the game moved to a F2P Microtransaction model where things like gold, gear, and raid access was sold.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Shaman totems are removed all together. What has happened to them already is unforgivable.

If they removed viability form all the class specs and made it back like Vanilla with only Warrior tanks, hybrids could only heal and such. Not fun playing the class you love only to heal instead of being able to tank.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    There are quite a pieces of gear that's only available through BMAH. For example, the BiS bracers for enh/hunters. They either forgot to put them on t13 bosses or intentionally wanted players to spend money on BMAH to get them. BTW, this was reported in MoP beta and current bug report, hunters, and suggestion forums, so I'm leaning towards the latter.
    I know the items you speak of but they are listed on my atlas loot and are listed in the dungeon journal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in constant fear that every tuesday will bring the patch that ruins balance in pvp. When that Tuesday comes, I'm gone.... oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    A toss up between 4.0.1 healing changes and bringing CRZ into MoP.

H-a-t-e CRZ as it's implemented. Idea is good, but as it is now, horrible.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."