Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Dangerous things you'd love to play with! or mess with

Do you have anything that you'd love to touch but its so dangerous you couldn't even get it if you wanted to!
    I myself would love to have a blob of mercury it just seems so much fun
    And i'd want to touch it with my bare hands too, but yeah i can't due obvious reasons :P

So do you have anything?

10+ Year Old Account

Just to take it for a spin down main street.
    Putin khuliyo

Women...

For a more serious answer, I would be very tempted in a Ouija Board if I thought there was any truth to them. I am a religious person and all, and I have heard people who I would otherwise say are credible sources say that they have had freaky experiences with them. I have always been tempted to see if I could tap into something dark, but I can never get past that fact that if there was truth to it, there is no way in Hell they would be sold off store shelves.

Deleted
    My brain constantly wants me to put my hand on the cooktop while it's hot. And boiling water.

An erupting volcano (explosion-erupting, not slowly-leaking-lava erupting). The inside of a category 5 tornado. The center of the Earth (and then other planets to compare). The Sun. I'm utterly fascinated by any sort of extremely powerful natural thing/event. If I had a magic bubble of safety and could go anywhere/do anything, there's no question that I'd head for the nearest thing of that nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    My body... I always try to find new ways in which im capable of bending it cuz im "double-jointed"
    I've touched mercury from broken thermometers more than once when I was a kid cuz it looked fun, I guess its a miracle im healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

A flamethrower.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of when you go to a restaurant, and the waiter brings out your food, places it in front of you and says, 'Careful, this plate is hot.' What's the first thing you do when he leaves? Sometimes those plates really are freaking hot!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Mercury would be cool. I'd also love to be given a rocket launcher and an abandoned town, preferably a manufacturing town with warehouses/factories/etc and just get to have at it.

Something less dangerous, but the kid in me still thinks it would be awesome:

Massive grocery store food war. A bunch of people (not too many, maybe 10-20 max) have completely free reign in a grocery store. Food fight of epic proportions. Build forts, stockpile goods, lead clandenstine raids, sounds like a blast.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I've always wanted to use thermite on funny places. For example, there's a guy down the street pretentious enough to have a gated driveway. Oh yeah? Have fun leaving your house when the gate is melted to the supports.

Of course, it could get far more sinister than that. I think it would be fascinating to watch it melt through a car roof or something. Of course, I'd rather avoid felony charges.

But yeah, thermite for the ultimate pyro experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    A flamethrower.
    Oh that would be so much fun. Or a rocket launcher in the middle of the city.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    I think it would be fascinating to watch it melt through a car roof or something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOocv7X0t4w

I've always wanted to spin my gun on my finger like they do in those old western movies, but i really dont wanna shoot my self in the head or drop and break my only protection because it does look pretty badass when they do it

I work in a lab at my school. There are some chemicals in there that are just like the spare hand me downs no one uses and since my lab room is the biggest they store them there.

So I've always wanted to check out what those chemicals actually are so I could use them but they aren't mine so I shouldn't. Not that I think anyone in the physics department would care.

Quote Originally Posted by NRL1515 View Post
    This reminds me of when you go to a restaurant, and the waiter brings out your food, places it in front of you and says, 'Careful, this plate is hot.' What's the first thing you do when he leaves? Sometimes those plates really are freaking hot!

i literally did this last night and almost yelled the F word in front of a kid walking by... good thing I can control my output!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Something less dangerous, but the kid in me still thinks it would be awesome:

Massive grocery store food war. A bunch of people (not too many, maybe 10-20 max) have completely free reign in a grocery store. Food fight of epic proportions. Build forts, stockpile goods, lead clandenstine raids, sounds like a blast.
    This would be awesome, and you can make it into a week ordeal, nobody can leave. You got all the food and water you ever need!)

Mercury is only dangerous if you play with it a lot for a long time. Kids used to play with it a couple of decades ago, before they figured out small amounts were absorbed through the skin and could be breathed in. But like any heavy metal, it's only bad with prolonged exposure where it builds up in your system. In fact, it's probably safer to play with a ball of mercury than it is to eat a fish caught from many local water systems.

Personally though, I'd like to play with a tiger. They're so cute and cuddly and could claw my face off in a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crianthia View Post
    i literally did this last night and almost yelled the F word in front of a kid walking by... good thing I can control my output!
    Shoulda done it. Some recent research actually suggests it's healthy and helps relieve pain.

But anyways various things for me. A medieval/ancient armory with old melee weapons of all types and makes. Now THAT would be fun.

Other than that i dunno maybe use some of said weapons to "play" with.

Oh and a big ass fusion reactor...Gonna see if i can make a big bertha grade/style energy weapon outta it LOL.

Other than those hard to say maybe a Kurata(REAL WORLD MECH BABY).

So yeah those are mine for now.

Also did anyone else think of spaceballs at the mention of a flamethrower?

Fire! i tend to burn things :c

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    I've always wanted to use thermite on funny places. For example, there's a guy down the street pretentious enough to have a gated driveway. Oh yeah? Have fun leaving your house when the gate is melted to the supports.

Of course, it could get far more sinister than that. I think it would be fascinating to watch it melt through a car roof or something. Of course, I'd rather avoid felony charges.

But yeah, thermite for the ultimate pyro experience.
    Cant remember where I saw it, but they put it in a coffee can on the hood of a car and it melted right down through the engine block and onto the asphalt, you could see right through. Horrible, but genuinely hilarious.