Will this laptop play wow?

Hey I'm looking to purchase a new laptop to play wow on for under $400 I don't care about playing on low settings and mostly quest/5 mans with possibly the occasional raid. If this wont play wow can anyone suggest anything different, would be much appreciated..

Sorry cant post link stats of laptop are
    HP Pavilion 17.3in laptop
    AMD quad core A8-4500 accelerated processor
    AMD Radeon hd 7640G discrete graphics
    4gb DDR3 sdram
    500gb hard drive (5400 rpm)

Thx in advance

Deleted
    Ehm...
    I am not too sure about that really....can't be sure tbh.

Why don't you save up some more and get a better one? even 600 dollars will be a lot better.

Also don't get HP...for the love of god get ASUS. :P

Take a look at this article comparing different laptops: http://www.mawista.com/blog/en/cheap...tops-students/

You need a really good Graphics Card to run WoW properly. Most of the laptops have them integrated in the processor, so you need to find one with a higher dedicated memory and not all shared. Try getting an i5 3rd gen processor with a nice display, and from a good brand.

I 2nd coolkingler1, avoid HP!

yes it will play it just fine ... check out notebookcheck.net (mods remove link if I'm not allowed to post links please) - it's a really helpful website to compare laptop cpus/gpus
    remember wow needs CPU power the most so if you're considering upgrading your laptop look for a strong CPU

Deleted
    looks at expectations of OP, doable.
    looks at budget, no f'n way..... (unless we consider 800x600?)
    joking aside i wouldn't expect anything special from that laptop it is priced as such for a reason...... (can't even find the model on my tech database site for more detailed speccs)

Quote Originally Posted by Axionn View Post
    AMD quad core A8-4500
    AMD Radeon hd 7640G discrete graphics
    If you're only looking at the graphics card, then yes. Notebookcheck rates the 7640G as slightly better than the HD 4000 which is able to play WoW. Unfortunately, the A8-4500M is a significantly weaker CPU than the Intel CPUs with HD 4000s. Since WoW requires a fast CPU, you'd probably be better off going Intel + iGPU, although your performance will suffer in other games.

If you can, I'd wait for Haswell to come out around March next year. The new GT3 gpu boasts a 2.5x performance over the Intel HD 4000 which would make it on par with the 660M/670M.

It will probably run it on lowest settings at like 1366x768, 1280x800 to do questing and maybe 5 mans at 30fps with dips to the 15-20s. I wouldnt expect to be doing 25 mans and LFR on it. I have a 1st gen i3 shitty laptop that will play WoW on lowest settings in 1366x768. I get a conistent 20-30 fps on it and its at least usable for a take on vacation machine or sit on the couch and do dailies cuz i dont feel like sitting at my desk.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    I have a 1st gen i3 shitty laptop that will play WoW on lowest settings in 1366x768. I get a conistent 20-30 fps on it and its at least usable for a take on vacation machine or sit on the couch and do dailies cuz i dont feel like sitting at my desk.
    Thats because 1st gen i3s have weak iGPUs. The laptop posted in the OP has better graphics. Hell, I can play at 1920x1080 on my 4 year old laptop with a crappy 9600M GT. Laptop gaming is pretty weak, but its not THAT bad, at least for WoW.

Deleted
    no actual frames but color of the boxes is estimation based in regards to intel hd4000 graphics because that is what the gpu is very similar to. (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Compute...s.13849.0.html, scroll all the way to the side to find wow results but im thinking old world results aswell)
    general advice you get what you pay for, don't expect much from it in MoP zones beyond 1024x768 medium settings.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Thats because 1st gen i3s have weak iGPUs. The laptop posted in the OP has better graphics. Hell, I can play at 1920x1080 on my 4 year old laptop with a crappy 9600M GT. Laptop gaming is pretty weak, but its not THAT bad, at least for WoW.
    Oh I realize that lol, I was just explaining the fact my shitty 1st gen stuff is able to run it would figure something a tad newer could at least play at minimum haha.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

For a gaming laptop, under $400 is a tight budgt