Tailoring/Enchanting combo?

Hello there!

Is Tailoring with Enchanting a good combo for new character? I haven't played wow for about year and Im going to return pretty soon. I think I'll create warlock with those proffesions, my friend will get me some gold 10-15k for the start.

Is tail/ench a good combo now for making some money and stuff? Or should I take minning/jc or other proffesions? My main goal is to earn some money (I dont want to borrow it all time from friends) and to be independent. I dont like herbalism/minning and as far as I remember only the vanilla ores/herbs were good to farm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of class, tanking specs being an exception, this is the BEST new character/player combo in the game.

You will not make money hand over fist with enchanting, you will never have to pay for enchants and you will get to enchant your rings which you cannot do unless you're an enchanter.

Tailoring, you get raiding quality upgrades for legs for 7g 10s vs 500g+ on many servers. The cloak enchants Lightweave and Swordguard embroidery may be procs but they blow enchanting upgrades out of the water and for the cost of 7g 10s.

There really is no better way to make consistent money from just playing than selling DE mats and crafting bags. Yes, you can dominate an AH with JC but to do that you're looking at needing a steady supply of ores, running several AH add ons, camping the AH to avoid constantly being undercut by 1c etc. It's a ton of work.

All of those reasons are great but this combo has another tremendous benefit, they require no gathering profession to support them.

Just watch out with levelling Enchanting to begin with though. To level Enchanting/Tailoring, you need random items like Ore, Bars, Herbs and Pearls. Tailoring needs Leather at some point. So unless you are willing to farm these mats yourself (via alt) or kill a million murlocs I would advise agains't it.
    This is coming from the man who has levelled them both twice on my first character on a new server. The end game results is amazing, but the grind is long. Also, just watch out on Silk Cloth. You will need to farm this in Scarlet Monesary, and you wont be high enough to solo it till level 60 at least. So watch out.

I would reccomend Mining/Herbing for easy profits, even Herbing/Inscription to start off with. Then you have a cash pool to make things on your Enchanter easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    No crafting profession has any benefit during leveling of a toon. You are much better off with gathering for that matter. And with the changes since Cata, it even promotes your leveling time. You get XP from picking herbs and mining ore.
    Gather.. Sell the mats you've gathered and you build up a budget to switch to the most beneficial professions for your toon, when you reach max level.
    Done right, you can basically take up crafting professions and level them up for "free" that way.
    Inscription is a pain in the ass to level, you need tons of herbs, and it's a long process to regain the money.
    In today's WoW, there are plenty of profession professionals. People who know the profs in and out, and how to make money in niches. With mainstream products is no money to be made. The mainstream items are even so cheap that they even produce a loss, considering material usage and product sale price. More than often you make more by selling the mats instead the final product. To make a good living, you either have to play the AH, by constantly listing/relisting undercutting, etc.. Or you have to find a niche, where you know all or at least most of the profession newbies will have a disadvantage against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No crafting profession has any benefit during leveling of a toon.
    That's hit or miss. I would say that JC has a great deal of perks since most of the crafted items are useable for quite a while if we are talking about new players. Alchemy is also a great one as well. However, this is all subjective.

If a new player is taking their time and not in the uber rush to level, I'd say that a few professions are decent. However, I'd easily say that the three armor producing ones are the least useful considering quest rewards these days.

No crafting profession has any benefit during leveling of a toon. You are much better off with gathering for that matter. And with the changes since Cata, it even promotes your leveling time. You get XP from picking herbs and mining ore.
    Gather.. Sell the mats you've gathered and you build up a budget to switch to the most beneficial professions for your toon, when you reach max level.
    Done right, you can basically take up crafting professions and level them up for "free" that way.
    Inscription is a pain in the ass to level, you need tons of herbs, and it's a long process to regain the money.
    In today's WoW, there are plenty of profession professionals. People who know the profs in and out, and how to make money in niches. With mainstream products is no money to be made. The mainstream items are even so cheap that they even produce a loss, considering material usage and product sale price. More than often you make more by selling the mats instead the final product. To make a good living, you either have to play the AH, by constantly listing/relisting undercutting, etc.. Or you have to find a niche, where you know all or at least most of the profession newbies will have a disadvantage against you.
    Yea I know that herb/minning is a easy way to have some gold but also its very boring. You sure that its possible to farm 30k gold just from ores and herbs to powerlvl tailoring for instance?

So you think its better to start off with herbalism/inscription and then tailoring/enchanting via powerlvling on AH?
    But it wouldn't be cheaper on fresh character cuz of all that clothes gathered through questing + items for disenchanting etc ?

As I said my friend can gift me some gold but I dunno how much it would cost to lvl tail/ench. Is inscription that good for making gold?

Deleted
    Wrong, enchanter can DE all quest rewards which gives decent amount of mats to sell or make new enchants. Gathering skills are useless if leveling with heirlooms, you outlevel areas too fast and need to stop questing and go gather to catch up which wastes lot of time.
    What? Inscription is extremly cheap and fast to level thanks to ink trader.

The two of those are a very powerful combination to level up together as quite easy. The end of expansion cloths can be a rough patch but with 15k your friend lends, buying frost weave and ember silk will be no big deal. And with auctionator (puts a little "ah" button in the enchanting screen) you can easily make gold back just by buying mats and selling enchants with a good markup.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.