Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As DPS, I don't understand clicking. To me, keybinding is a natural way to go.

For healing, I don't understand the argument some people are making. For a healer to be a clicker, that would mean he has raid frames and action bars. He'd then click a player he wants to heal, then move his mouse to action bar and then click a spell he wants to heal that person with. This would be an equivalent to "clicker healer". If you're "clicking" by using Vuhdo/Clique, that's same as DPS player binding a spell to middle mouse or any additional mouse keys. Absolutely nothing wrong with that efficiency wise.

anything related to my rotation is keybound. or things like heals, bop, sac, freedom, rebuke, and so on.

other stuff like kings/might or mounts, I click. I could bind those too but it isnt absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I guess that's main misconception in conversation here. When one person says he clicks to heal and it works good, everyone else starts assuming he literally clicks on raid frame, then click on spell or smth like this.
    I agree, I think some are confusing what being a "clicker" is compared to someone using clique.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl clicking your spells and and then clicking on grid.

Good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Its actually not. I think you have the misconception that clicking your separate hot bar buttons and using a mod like clique+mouseover macros are the same.
    Well, technically that's still clicking...
    (Brought it up just to see how it can be confusing and lead to misunderstanding)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the people defending clicking try one of these scenarios. Let's take rogue pvp cc for example.

Good rogue pvp requires lots of focus cc and macros. Focus blind, gouge, shadowstep, kick, redirect kidney, cheapshot, garrote and sap for shadowdance all while managing your normal dps and defensive and offensive cd's. If you can keep track of and do all of this flawlessly while clicking, meaning you're completely locking one person out while putting out enough pressure on the other, then I'll call you a good clicker. To pull this off you need a lot of awareness and a lot of practice with binds. If you play a hunter there's no way you'll be able to manage kiting, accurate disengaging whether it be offensive or defensive, focus scatter trapping or trapping in general as a clicker, let alone all the other stuff they have to manage. You'll never be able to eat traps or shattering throws fast enough with intervene as a warrior. Focus shadow word deathing sheeps or Life Gripping someone who just got blown off the middle of EOTS. Stuff that makes you stand out as a good player even if you're not super high rated.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    If you're not very agile, yeah, keybind.

Those who are very agile, clicking isn't a problem.
    It's nothing about agility - It's SCIENTIFICALLY impossible to ever click faster than keybind(Unless time passes slower for you).

Assume healing situation - We both want to change target and heal it. Assume we both clicked at the target at the same time.
    Now, you would move your mouse to healing icon - while I can click the key almost simultaneously.
    So what it means? - I would start casting by the time you lift your finger. And we know that we are not living in different time, right?

I repeat. It's IMPOSSIBLE to click faster than keybind. At least while changing target. It you can come up with any scientific explanation then please do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It's nothing about agility - It's SCIENTIFICALLY impossible to ever click faster than keybind(Unless time passes slower for you).
    What science?

Tell me about your healing macros for AV again.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:22 AM ----------

I agree, I think some are confusing what being a "clicker" is compared to someone using clique.
    Over and over and over and over again!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

What science?

Tell me about your healing macros for AV again.
    I said "ARENA"s. Where the heck did I ever say AV?

10+ Year Old Account
    I said "ARENA"s. Where the heck did I ever say AV?
    No mention of arenas at all.

So what about those AV healing macros, again? Do you add their names to each key of your 101+ key keyboard? How would you type any message since half the keyboard would be keybinded?

See how nonsensical this has become? If not, read the bottom of my reply of that post.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

In Arenas healers keybind everything and pretty much do stuff with macros without ever touching the frames. But for raids / bgs it's impossible because there are so many players
    Read the second word please. Along with the last sentence.

Clicking is slower and less efficient than keybinding. Also, when you click all your spells, it forces you to keyboard turn, which is extremely slow also.

For healing it's a bit different. I prefer to use Vuhdo in raids and dungeons to heal, which requires me to use click combinations on health frames. Healing is a lot less intense than DPS so I believe it's alright to do it this way.

I started as a clicker, but I started keybinding pretty fast. seeing as I bumped into stuff or ran into something I shouldn't.
    I needed to do something to move while still being effective.
    I started playing WoW as a Warrior, so moving and attacking could be done at the same time.
    When I started pvping while leveling, I found myself standing still and trying to hit the air many times due to people running around and not standing in front of me like the npcs.

Today, I bound every spell with less than 10 minute CD.
    The only thing I click is the ExtraActionButton.
    Even when playing as a healer, I use keybinds for the healing spells and grid to change targets.
    I use the clique addon to dispell or similar stuff with SHIFT + Right Click on grid.
    Makes it easier for me at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the second word please. Along with the last sentence.
    So let's play this again...

with this...

But for raids / bgs it's impossible because there are so many players
    And for more fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you do if you're healing a group of people. Whether it be 5 or 40.

You have a raid frame so you can see everyone's health.
    You click the frame of the person who is losing health while simultaneously clicking (by clicking I mean hitting your bind) your heal.
    You run with the mouse and/or with W.
    You turn with the mouse ONLY.
    You don't walk backwards. You turn and run or strafe.
    You can hit ALL of your cooldowns and ALL of your heals while doing any of this stuff.
    PvP is a different story. You need to be using 99% of your entire spellbook including dps abilities even as a healer. Clicking will get you killed in a matter of seconds.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

So let's play this again...

with this...

And for more fun...
    So your points? You still didn't answer where I didn't mention arenas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    PvP is a different story. You need to be using 99% of your entire spellbook including dps abilities even as a healer. Clicking will get you killed in a matter of seconds.
    In PvP you don't use all of your abilities because things like HR and LoD are pointless in all of that burst damage. And since you're move so much, HS becomes the major heal as well as WoG and FoL. If I had 4 buttons that are comfortable to use, that would be essentially all I need to keybind to a mouse (HS/FoL/WoG/Cleanse). The rest can be clicked, simply due to their ad hoc usage and slowness (DL is a perfect example of a heal that unless the enemy is incapacitated or out of counters, will get interrupted, so no point keybinding it).

You have the basics at hand, and the ad hoc spells where you can have quick access too. The idea that you need even 10 keybinds is stupid. When I did arena had about 4 tops, and all clickable. And before you chime in about "you never got higher than 1500", it wasn't due to keybinds. It was due to players who would not play arena as arena should be played (no matter how many videos forwarded for them to watch what a healer is suppose to do -- especially avoiding casters, and practicing LoS healing -- they proceed to fight smack in the middle and ALWAYS OoR of heals in the process). A healer can not heal well under those conditions as they will be stunned/silenced and trained. If I had team mates that played arena not like a Goldshire duel, I could've reached higher rating. But kids are too impatient to learn about teamwork, only their meters..."but, but, I healed you for 80k!"...if I wasn't playing midfield I wouldn't have needed it, now YOU'RE out of your big heal, and we're both stuck fighting like n00bs in Madison Square! (he rage quit, as I was tired of playing midfield where I didn't belong, clutch situations yes, but not as some standard).

Oh, and to add to this story about the rage quitter: Naga mouse and all the Ret keybinds. He transferred to another server and got another Ret to carry him to 1800. After that, he proceeded to spend the rest of his months (without the enchants and gems even) @ 1500 rating (despite his teammates working at 1700 level). So please don't tell me that keybinds matter.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-12-04 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvP you don't use all of your abilities because things like HR and LoD are pointless in all of that burst damage. And since you're move so much, HS becomes the major heal as well as WoG and FoL. If I had 4 buttons that are comfortable to use, that would be essentially all I need to keybind to a mouse (HS/FoL/WoG/Cleanse). The rest can be clicked, simply due to their ad hoc usage and slowness (DL is a perfect example of a heal that unless the enemy is incapacitated or out of counters, will get interrupted, so no point keybinding it).

You have the basics at hand, and the ad hoc spells where you can have quick access too. The idea that you need even 10 keybinds is stupid. When I did arena had about 4 tops, and all clickable. And before you chime in about "you never got higher than 1500", it wasn't due to keybinds. It was due to players who would not play arena as arena should be played (no matter how many videos forwarded for them to watch what a healer is suppose to do -- especially avoiding casters, and practicing LoS healing -- they proceed to fight smack in the middle and ALWAYS OoR of heals in the process). A healer can not heal well under those conditions as they will be stunned/silenced and trained. If I had team mates that played arena not like a Goldshire duel, I could've reached higher rating. But kids are too impatient to learn about teamwork, only their meters..."but, but, I healed you for 80k!"...if I wasn't playing midfield I wouldn't have needed it, now YOU'RE out of your big heal, and we're both stuck fighting like n00bs in Madison Square! (he rage quit, as I was tired of playing midfield where I didn't belong, clutch situations yes, but not as some standard).
    I'm not talking about just paladins. Pally is one of the only classes I don't really play. But you need to use Hammer of Justice, BoP, Repent, bubble, freedom and dps abilities to help kill along with your heals. You need to use any defensive cd's and cc's you have and you should be using focus macros such as focus HoJ, focus Repent, etc. Again I don't play pally and I haven't played MoP much so I know I'm missing a ton of stuff but hopefully you get the idea. You also need to juke constantly so you're not hit with interrupts.

Mouseover macros are a wonderful thing, they work on raid frames or just by having your mouse pointer over the players character. They are really handy for tanking as well.