Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I've used them before, but I will not get bogged down with them. For a healer they're even detrimental. DPS can miss, if I do, players die.

Occam's Razor applies.
    If you think it's impossible to hit ALT + F while moving you obviously haven't played with keybinds in your life.

How can keybinds be detrimental for a healer? As long as you have 2 functional hands Keybinds should never ever
    be detrimental after you have played enough with them to feel comfortable with the keys. And by enough I mean like
    2 days.

Where's the neural interface already so this conversation will become meaningless since that will beat both hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    Where's the neural interface already so this conversation will become meaningless
    lololol

I bet if it was available, some diehard would claim neural network B is better.

lololol
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    This is the mindset of a clicker.
    Put a clicker vs a "keybinder" on this fight for example and you will see the difference.
    No, thats the mindset of a bad player. Don't be ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science 101: theories aren't facts. Theories are ideas that still need to be proven.

The click vs. keybind debate is competing theories of comfort vs performance, but in the end preferences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 12:17 AM ----------

CTRL+SHIFT+7?

Not.
    Again, why would you use CTRL+SHIFT+7. Its a (not directed at you and not an attack) a retarded keybind, since its hard to impossible to do with one hand.

I use 1, 2, 3, 4, |, Alt-1, Alt-2, Alt-3, F, Q, E, R, T, X, C, V, G, Shift-Space, Shift-Mousewheelup, Shift-Mousewheeldown, Alt-mousewheelup, Alt-Mousewheel down (Mousewheel ones are used for longer cooldowns like Icebound Fortitude).

The focus when I make a new keybind is that it has to be possible to use without moving my hand away from the WASD area.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    If you think it's impossible to hit ALT + F while moving you obviously haven't played with keybinds in your life.

How can keybinds be detrimental for a healer? As long as you have 2 functional hands Keybinds should never ever
    be detrimental after you have played enough with them to feel comfortable with the keys. And by enough I mean like
    2 days.
    So, Juzalol, you're going to be judge and jury in how everyone plays your way?

Your way isn't my way.

And no, you're completely wrong to assume I never used keybinds before. I just detest using multiple keys when a click is efficient.

Now you may have problems clicking fast and need keybinds, I don't.

It's detrimental because it's very easy to use the wrong keybinds...very. Like I said, DPS can afford to miss, a healer screws up, players die.

Occam's Razor rules.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Key binding might be better in pvp, but its worse in pve in most cases.
    How do you move and cast spells at the same time? (Please don't tell me you move with the A and D buttons, unless you strafe with them...) Be it PvP or PvE, key binding is better.

I have all my spells key bound, including mount and spells I rarely use. Up at 65 key binds in total, and before you call bullshit on that I have the razer naga mouse with 12 buttons on the side, binding those together with shift, alt and ctrl plus easy to reach buttons around WASD makes for a lot of possible key bind combinations.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-12-04 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Open virtual keyboard on your desktop and write something long with your mouse.
    How did that feel? Wouldn't it be better to write on keyboard ?
    English is not my mainspec!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Again, why would you use CTRL+SHIFT+7. Its a (not directed at you and not an attack) a retarded keybind, since its hard to impossible to do with one hand.

I use 1, 2, 3, 4, |, Alt-1, Alt-2, Alt-3, F, Q, E, R, T, X, C, V, G, Shift-Space, Shift-Mousewheelup, Shift-Mousewheeldown, Alt-mousewheelup, Alt-Mousewheel down (Mousewheel ones are used for longer cooldowns like Icebound Fortitude).

The focus when I make a new keybind is that it has to be possible to use without moving my hand away from the WASD area.
    Again you're DPS.

Do you understand why healboxes exist? They're not there for vanity.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by druidicitus View Post
    Open virtual keyboard on your desktop and write something long with your mouse.
    How did that feel? Wouldn't it be better to write on keyboard ?
    How many typos do you do in a minute, again?

Deleted
    So, Juzalol, you're going to be judge and jury in how everyone plays your way?

Your way isn't my way.

And no, you're completely wrong to assume I never used keybinds before. I just detest using multiple keys when a click is efficient.

Now you may have problems clicking fast and need keybinds, I don't.

It's detrimental because it's very easy to use the wrong keybinds...very. Like I said, DPS can afford to miss, a healer screws up, players die.

Occam's Razor rules.
    Your argument against key binding is that you might press the wrong one, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Your argument against key binding is that you might press the wrong one, really?
    Would you like to be the typo that dies?

Deleted
    Just saying, I don't care if you don't use keybinds, whatever, click all you want, but this is absolute rubbish.

It's no easier to miss an ability by keybinding than it is with a mouse. I would argue that it's easier to miss with a mouse.

Another negative I just thought of for clicking, is if you have abilities that are off the GCD, such as Cooldowns or Heroic Strike.

Also, Kevyne, quick question, how do you heal? Do you click on the unitframe, then click on the heal? Surely even you can see how that's detrimental, unless you're doing something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keybinding isnt restricted by the delay of you dragging your mouse all over the screen. If anything we're only limited by the GCD (besides the abilities that have no GCD). So if anything you should AT LEAST keybind the abilities that have no GCD. Though the best thing to do is to just simply accept the fact keybinding is a lot better than clicking.

Deleted
    i started as clicker with TBC/Wrath, then i decided to give keybinds a go. Since then , i would say just that i improved myself quite a bit, cause its way faster to use keys for abilities which have a proc and come off cooldown etc...also , i only bind major spells/abilities, for cooldowns / mounts i use macros or click that stuff.
    Last edited by mmoca5ba36b6e2; 2012-12-04 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Would you like to be the typo that dies?
    The typo or the type? Not sure which you mean...

And yeah I highly doubt a healer has that many active spells you need to use, if you press the wrong one with less than 20 key binds you use actively, that's just terrible gameplay...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    It's no easier to miss an ability by keybinding than it is with a mouse. I would argue that it's easier to miss with a mouse.
    How? There's no visual reminder for keybinds, but there is for clicking.

For every argument folks make for the pros of keybinds, there's also a counter-argument.

People don't play the same for various reasons, and we're not robots with the same preferences. The error is is trying to demand players to play a certain way, with no regard in their preferences.

Deleted
    How? There's no visual reminder for keybinds, but there is for clicking.

For every argument folks make for the pros of keybinds, there's also a counter-argument.

People don't play the same for various reasons, and we're not robots with the same preferences. The error is is trying to demand players to play a certain way, with no regard in their preferences.
    I don't demand that anyone plays in any way, for as long as they are efficient and effective at what they do. If they get the job done that's good enough for me. But to claim that clicking is in any way, shape or form better than key binding, now that is just complete bullshit.

How do you heal while moving with your mouse by the way? I'm very interested to know.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't keybind you're not playing to your full potential. Clicking is slower, and by clicking I mean clicking the ability on your action bar, not clicking a raid/party frame to heal with Clique, as that's completely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    The typo or the type? Not sure which you mean...
    I'm sure you don't w-a-n-t to know. Because keybinds you can make some really nasty typos...and I can't risk it.

DPS can miss, they have the luxury too. Healers miss and a raid can wipe.

Deleted
    I'm sure you don't w-a-n-t to know. Because keybinds you can make some really nasty typos...and I can't risk it.

DPS can miss, they have the luxury too. Healers miss and a raid can wipe.
    Right... So you dislike key binding because you are afraid of pressing the wrong button? I think that's just lack of experience and actually trying. The risk of clicking the wrong spell is even greater, in my opinion.

Again, please answer my question of how you heal while moving with your mouse.