Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    They arent "wrong". Just using a suboptimal control method. All the clickers could be better players if they keybound. (Unless its a one handed player
    Again, denial is pretty rampant here.

YOU don't define preferences as good or bad with others. YOU define it good or bad for yourself.

When you go to the extreme to saying millions of healers are bad because they click-heal, you really out of bounds.

That includes those who use Healbot/Grid/Clique and the many other click-heal addons.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Because they're not trained to click well or fast. Their idea of clickers is some n00b who keyboard turns and all.

But what have you done that's moderately challenging? I think anyone can stumble through random BGs and half way through normal mode and LFR raids by clicking. The point is that when you have to start doing multiple things at once while moving, clicking doesn't cut it. Tell me how a warrior puts up shield block while simultaneously shield slamming by clicking. Can't be done. But you should be able to do that. Clicking makes it impossible to fully leverage abilities that are off the GCD. Even you should be able to acknowledge it.

I once defended clicking, but even with my meager raid and PVP experience I came to see that clicking was holding me back, no matter how good I was at it. I just couldn't do enough things at once, it was a physical limitation. Once I removed that limitation my action count skyrocketed. When I use my G13 it looks like I'm playing the piano. Miles ahead of where I was as a clicker, tunneling in on everything.

Deleted
    To you.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/healium

• 39,864 Monthly Downloads
    • 654,072 Total Downloads

Disagree as well!

I use this, and take a look at it's features...

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/vuhdo

• 135,096 Monthly Downloads
    • 5,212,271 Total Downloads

It's one of the most popular healing addons -- let alone addons in WoW -- period.

So you're now claiming sooooooo many players are wrong?

Denial isn't a river in Egypt.
    Vuhdo has little to do with what we're talking about, as it can easily be used by non-clickers. I'd argue that most people who use it aren't clickers, but I have no proof.

Even though that's a god awful argument have a look at Clique.

85,363 Monthly Downloads
    2,661,533 Total Downloads

Clique is an AddOn that makes it a lot easier to use Mouseover Heals, without having to know how to set up mouseover macros yourself. It has more than double the amount of monthly downloads as Healium does. Furthermore, there are alternatives to Clique. VuhDo has it built in, as does HealBot, plus you can always just make mouseover macros yourself.

Deleted
    To you.

healium

• 39,864 Monthly Downloads
    • 654,072 Total Downloads

Disagree as well!

I use this, and take a look at it's features...

vuhdo

• 135,096 Monthly Downloads
    • 5,212,271 Total Downloads

It's one of the most popular healing addons -- let alone addons in WoW -- period.

So you're now claiming sooooooo many players are wrong?

Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

Did you diliberatly ignore clique?

85,363 Monthly Downloads
    2,661,533 Total Downloads

and HealBot?

653,785 Monthly Downloads
    20,723,398 Total Downloads

Not that I think popularity is by any means the best way to rank how good an addon is.

10+ Year Old Account

YOU don't define preferences as good or bad with others. YOU define it good or bad for yourself.

When you go to the extreme to saying millions of healers are bad because they click-heal, you really out of bounds.

That includes those who use Healbot/Grid/Clique and the many other click-heal addons.
    I never said they were bad, just saying they are using a suboptimal control method. They may still click and be a much better healer than me.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Vuhdo has little to do with what we're talking about, as it can easily be used by non-clickers.
    Sure but...

What is VuhDo? – VuhDo is a raid monitor similar to CTRaidAssist or Blizzards built-in raid frames. Basically this is about displaying the health of raid members in form of clearly arranged bars. VuhDo is primarily directed to healing classes, but will make use to almost any other class. Moreover several healing spells or other actions can be asserted to mouse clicks on those bars (Click-Heal).
    Is it's selling point.

When I first looked for healing addons I tried Healbot and disliked it on the spot.

Then I found Vuhdo. It literally worked right out of the box, with predefined mousebinds for my main heals. It was love at first sight!

Later I customized Vuhdo, and now with export features, my other Holy paladins have the same setup as Kevyne!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Using addons such as vuhdo, grid+clique and healbot are not even close to the same thing as being a "clicker". These raid frame addons are just to have mouseover macros for your mouse buttons or even actual keyboard keys without making dozens of macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    What REALLY ticks me off though is the die-hard hardcore clickers who are so obsessed that their way of thinking is correct they support it to the bitter end. Without even giving keybinding/Smartcasting a fighting chance, they decide it is completely fine to click their way through everything, when it has been proven over and over again that keybinding is MUCH more efficient in all respects. They fail to understand the concept of muscle memory - I can literally tank on my druid after having pressed ALT + Z (the default hotkey for hiding all your UI) because I know EXACTLY where all my skills are without having to look at them - just like Blind Typing, my fingers move on their own accord. Die-hard Hardcore clickers fail to understand this simple concept:

snipped the rest
    Well cant the same be said of you right now?
    Your irritated that clickers defend there ways because they like to play that way for them it is the most efficient way.
    Yet you wont take no for an answer and accept that people like to play that way.

I am really getting annoyed by the fact people cant just simply accept each other and how they want to play.

Personally I dont give an rats ass if someone clicks, key binds or is an hybrid. I rather have someone that's comfortable in the way he plays and plays at the best he can then making that person feel that he has to play in a way he/she does not feel comfortable with and ends up playing worse or quits all together.
    Key binding is only more efficient if you can actually get used to it. Hasn't it crossed your mind that perhaps some people simply can not get used to That type of play style no matter how many times they try and practice? Hasn't it crossed your mind that the clickers you apparently so irritated with might actually be good clickers? and they guilds they are in most likely dont even know they click and think they are doing fine hell they might even be happy with their performance?

Its the same with typing blind, sports, drawing art. some people excel in it others no matter how much they practice or try it they still suck at it.

We are not talking here about the people in top ranked guilds, or pvp groups. This is about the more "casual" people or the semi-progress people.

Where all different people we are not the same.

I have been always taught that there's a 80/20% rule for everything.
    Cant you just simply except that 20% of the people will never be able/want to keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Clicking is slow.
    If you have to use an ability (clicking) while moving you will have to use the arrow keys to turn, which is even slower.
    Ever heard of strafing?
    you can actually strafe without a mouse.
    People still have their turn left/right keybound?
    Last edited by Malackai; 2012-12-04 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    I never said they were bad, just saying they are using a suboptimal control method. They may still click and be a much better healer than me.
    Nope.

What works for YOU is your preference.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Click-casting is entirely different to clicking. Click-casting is one of the most efficient forms of healing, with only 2 actions required to heal someone:

1. Hover cursor over frame
    2. Click

Keybound healing:

1. Hover mouse over frame
    2. Click frame
    3. Press key to heal

Steps 2 and 3 are normally combined.

Conventional clicking:

1. Hover mouse over frame
    2. Click frame
    3. Move mouse to action bar
    4. Click action bar

2/3 steps vs 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    I have been always taught that there's a 80/20% rule for everything.
    Cant you just simply except that 20% of the people will never be able/want to keybind.
    With over 5,000,000 downloads with Vuhdo alone, that 80/20% is more like 80% are clickers.

And in healing, it's even the norm -- why healboxes exist. Some will mouseover, but most click. It's very tactical.

Deleted
    Then I found Vuhdo. It literally worked right out of the box, with predefined mousebinds for my main heals. It was love at first sight!

Later I customized Vuhdo, and now with export features, my other Holy paladins have the same setup as Kevyne!
    So after pages of ppl asking how you heal you're finally telling us you basically us an addon to simulate what mouse over macros do?
    Which is a long way from what 99% of wow players would call "clicking".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Click-casting is entirely different to clicking.
    Einstein here!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    So after pages of ppl asking how you heal you're finally telling us you basically us an addon to simulate what mouse over macros do?
    It's like talking to a brick wall. :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    I've stated all that I did how many pages ago, again?

With over 5,000,000 downloads with Vuhdo alone, that 80/20% is more like 80% are clickers.

And in healing, it's even the norm -- why healboxes exist. Some will mouseover, but most click. It's very tactical.
    Having your heals bound to your mouse buttons via vuhdo, clique or healbot IS NOT WHAT THE TERM "CLICKER" MEANS.

Side note, they're not called healboxes, they are raid frames.

Deleted
    I've read the whole thread I've yet to see you clearly state how you heal, how about you give the slow among us a nice simple step by step guide...

You're kidding right? If your choices are method A or method B, where method A is always faster, more presice, and less prone to error than method B given the same amount of time/effort put into learning the two, then wether it is good or bad is not something that "you define for yourself"; one method is unambiguously better than the other unless you're mentally or physically handicapped.

I'll grant that if you don't care about preforming well, then, yes, you can say that method B is better "for you", because you don't care if it's better or not, since it's more important to you to just play comfortably as you've always done than it is to improve the way that you play. But in that case it isn't actually "better" in any objective sense, it's "better for me" much in the same way that I might say that the best way "for me" to get to the top of a mountain is to physically climb it instead of taking a helicopter there, because I have an intense irrational fear of flying. Yeah, it's better "for me", but there's no question that, objectively speaking, for getting to the top of mountains using helicopters is better for the vast majority of people.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

What works for YOU is your preference.
    That click healing (If you use clique to simulate mouse over macros then you arent click healing, your using a hybrid click-keybind) is suboptimal isnt based on preference. Its based on facts and common sense.

(Click healing = you click raid member, then move your mouse to an ability and then click this.)
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2012-12-04 at 01:29 PM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Then why have you spent so much damn time arguing that clicking is great?