Thread: Ok ok...dilemma

Deleted

Ok ok...dilemma

So I want to game properly and I want to be mobile too.

I was looking at getting the Windows Surface Pro. I saw it had IntelHD 4000 graphics.

Now that I think about it I see I want it for the leet looks and awesomeness. However....it is clear I mainly just want to game.

Now it shouldn't be a problem since I mainly will be playing LoL.

So will the Surface Pro be able to play LoL?

Or is that just not possible because of it's format/OS (even if W8)/ hardware?

Otherwise I can get a good gaming laptop for 1k euros.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-12-03 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    depends what kind of settings you want to run at and how mobile you want to be. (ultrabook mobile or G55/75 brick to carry around?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    depends what kind of settings you want to run at and how mobile you want to be. (ultrabook mobile or G55/75 brick to carry around?)
    That is true....I mean I don't mind bringing a laptop with me, but a tablet's mobility is nice too, though it is not a must.

I don't mind medium settings.

Deleted
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/32052...pecificaties/?
    or you want something more light/smaller? (that laptop packs quite a serious punch aiming high perhaps + good screen)

Deleted
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/32052...pecificaties/?
    or you want something more light/smaller? (that laptop packs quite a serious punch aiming high perhaps + good screen)
    Man, now that's a powerhouse. :O

Though I would like W7 on it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Man, now that's a powerhouse. :O

Though I would like W7 on it instead.
    I have that laptop, although it's the last years model, which is basically the same, you can play LoL with ease

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I have that laptop, although it's the last years model, which is basically the same, you can play LoL with ease
    Yeah, but I think my dilemma has been fixed now...

Defo a gaming laptop.

Deleted
    you might want to swap the hdd with a ssd. (or make that a future upgrade, or maybe the chipset allows for a Msata to atleast get caching speeds.)
    also not so much of a dilemma quite fast ^^

Deleted
    you might want to swap the hdd with a ssd. (or make that a future upgrade, or maybe the chipset allows for a Msata to atleast get caching speeds.)
    How do you do that on a laptop? o.0

Deleted
    How do you do that on a laptop? o.0
    well i actually got it done by a tech shop since i didn't have the tools for it but it is quite simple actually.
    any 2,5" ssd with a 7mm height fits any standard laptop 2,5" hdd, fresh windows install or perhaps copy from old drive first and good to go. it isn't that hard ,actually more time in finding the right part and if laptop allows it (asus ones are known to be viable for it most of the time)

Deleted
    well i actually got it done by a tech shop since i didn't have the tools for it but it is quite simple actually.
    any 2,5" ssd with a 7mm height fits any standard laptop 2,5" hdd, fresh windows install or perhaps copy from old drive first and good to go. it isn't that hard actually more time in finding the right part and if laptop allows it (asus ones are known to be viable for it most of the time)
    Ah alright, well perhaps...

Anyway can you find another laptop for me?

Pref the best possible specs for the full 1000 euro's.
    Or was that really the best bang for my buck?
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-12-03 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Ah alright, well perhaps...

Anyway can you find another laptop for me?

Pref the best possible specs for the full 1000 euro's.
    tricky since lots of special models aren't available over here compared to US ones, also QM + 650 + 1080p screen is perhaps best in range for the budget.
    got any more specifics in regards to screen size/amount of storage etc?

Deleted
    tricky since lots of special models aren't available over here compared to US ones, also QM + 650 + 1080p screen is perhaps best in range for the budget.
    got any more specifics in regards to screen size/amount of storage etc?
    Amount of storage doesn't matter that much. Even 500GB would be ok.
    CPU would need to be quite fast though, that is important to me, 2,3 sounds good indeed.
    The GPU is important to me too, I am not too bothered by 5400 RPM really on the HDD.

Screen can be 15 to 18 inch.

Deleted
    best i can find is gt 650M in that price range (up to 1050 euros)
    the cpu is pretty solid with QM 2,3 standard clock and 3,3 turbo (Ghz that is)

Deleted
    best i can find is gt 650M in that price range (up to 1050 euros)
    the cpu is pretty solid with QM 2,3 standard clock and 3,3 turbo (Ghz that is)
    Well that's it then. That will be the laptop I am going to get.

Deleted
    well unless i missed any specific model but tweakers database covers pretty much everything that is available in the netherlands.
    worst part is that so many laptops either have crappy screens or no gpu at all. (actually surprised so many people can deal with crappy panels they got in laptops, in my whole year of school im the one of the very few with a 1080p screen, lots of 1600x900 or worse)

Deleted
    Makes me feel abit silly for buying an Alienware laptop... and for £2.2k.. although, i do play WoW and havent ever looked up LoL... but it plays Ultra everything with so much ease.. STILL Should have looked around more lol could have saved some serious £££

Alienware Mx17R.
    Last edited by mmoce368ebbf4c; 2012-12-05 at 02:45 PM.

All depends on what kind of games you want to run on it. LoL runs pretty respectably on an HD2000, so i imagine that the HD4000 is going to be perfect for 1080p on surface.
    Ultimately, the question is, what will you play on it?
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    I have the n56 with i5 and gt630m.
    Plays WoW and LoL like a charm, put my old SSD in it, it's lightning fast.