Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    The healing itself isn't that bad actually. It's not trivial, but healers have been able to heal significantly harder numbers. You can get a "feel" for how hard the healing is by doing it on normal elite mode.

The main deal is that there is a ton of kiting/movement going on in phase 3 and it's an absolute pain in the ass to make sure the correct 5 people are closest on a rotating basis to the heroic spawning add when it dies roughly every 10 seconds. It's like moving heroic Qiang on steroids. This, combined with the very strict dps/healing check means you either try to attempt it now with almost zero tolerance for mistakes, or gear up a bit and possibly do this with some workable failure.
    Normal Elite mode.

So you mean. Solo heal 1st guy, solo heal..2nd guy.. Then your 6 healer setup actually kicks in.

From what I see on the normal heroic, its a huge step up in comparison.
    Last edited by navai; 2012-12-04 at 06:35 AM.

Now that I think about it, didn't Blood Legion come within seconds of the enrage on 'normal' Heroic? I know when we killed it on heroic we essentially killed it AT the enrage after all the optimizations we could make (we had US#5 H25 kill). Now take into account the likely need for an additional healer and the addition of Defiled Ground and you have what certainly looks like an impossible encounter currently.

because with the current gear and how the encounter is tuned it's impossible to kill in heroic elite mode. plus it doesn't award any extra points on wowprogress, so why bother. there will be enough time to farm the gear once the encounter is killable

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    because with the current gear and how the encounter is tuned it's impossible to kill in heroic elite mode. plus it doesn't award any extra points on wowprogress, so why bother. there will be enough time to farm the gear once the encounter is killable
    See that doesn't make sense to me. If it was a heroic elite version of Sha of Fear, people would be going nuts trying to kill it, but because it's the first boss, not the last, it's not important, even though it's a world first waiting to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    u mean geting heroic elite item by killing normal elite boss then winning it by coin???

not sure why you are trying so hard tbh >_>
    it was actually possible the first night it came out, got the bracers on my dk
    but no one has gotten any heroic elite gear since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    See that doesn't make sense to me. If it was a heroic elite version of Sha of Fear, people would be going nuts trying to kill it, but because it's the first boss, not the last, it's not important, even though it's a world first waiting to be had.
    This is assuming it DOESN'T matter to the top guilds, which is wrong. It does matter, just not even in the same realm as world first end tier bosses - regardless of difficulty.

Who knows, maybe in another week or two it will be the talk of the town =)

Deleted
    We would have killed it with Heroic Elite if it just were possible, atm it's not. Other bosses in that boss fight gives you some kind of buff. Asani gives you 25% haste, The healing dude ( don't remember his name atm) giving you huge healing buff when you sit on the the pool. And Kaolan gives you absolutely nothing. It just stacks the damage buff too much. It is not possible to out heal that damage atm. Sejta said we gonna try couple of trys next reset, but i really doubt that we can bring them down.

Quote Originally Posted by deva View Post
    We would have killed it with Heroic Elite if it just were possible, atm it's not. Other bosses in that boss fight gives you some kind of buff. Asani gives you 25% haste, The healing dude ( don't remember his name atm) giving you huge healing buff when you sit on the the pool. And Kaolan gives you absolutely nothing. It just stacks the damage buff too much. It is not possible to out heal that damage atm. Sejta said we gonna try couple of trys next reset, but i really doubt that we can bring them down.
    Thanks for the reply. GL with the tries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for correcting you but Asani gives both haste and healing. Regail is the lightning dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I feel bad for correcting you but Asani gives both haste and healing. Regail is the lightning dude.
    It's totally fine to correct me if im wrong and i just checked wowhead and it said that Asani is indeed the one who gives us both of the buffs. cheers I always mix those protectors up, there must be something wrong with my brain
    Last edited by mmocd2f2678536; 2012-12-04 at 12:16 PM.

Because most everyone who has already killed Sha of Fear spent ~70 hours raiding that week, not to mention going super hardcore on the other two instances. Needless to say, it was a mentally brutal tier especially considering Imperial Vizier and the length of Sha of Fear attempts. I doubt the boss is impossible at the moment but it really doesn't seem worth the time investment.

Deleted
    Would be funny if Stars get the firstkill, becaus no other guild tries to get the boss down - just like Yogg +0 =D

Why doesn't wowprogress track Elite Protectors? They did fine tracking Ulduar hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Why doesn't wowprogress track Elite Protectors? They did fine tracking Ulduar hard modes.
    There is no achievement for elite kill order.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Would be funny if Stars get the firstkill, becaus no other guild tries to get the boss down - just like Yogg +0 =D
    They'd have to actually get Sha HC down first.~

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    I remember reading here that bosses received a 10% damage and HP increase in Asia recently, so it seems unlikely if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Pretty sure that says heroic elite I have seen 5-10 people with the heroic elite stuff you just gotta look around on the armory yourself insted of having a website track it.And as for people saying highend guild ignoring it there were a few guilds whos first heroic kills were done the "elite way"
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urger/advanced
    Don't get why people in this thread are still saying no one has gotten heroic elite protectors, given that this person linked someone with the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Don't get why people in this thread are still saying no one has gotten heroic elite protectors, given that this person linked someone with the achievement.
    What? He has the achievement for killing them on Heroic, not Elite Heroic (because there isn't an achievement for that, only for killing them with each protector last, but you don't need to do heroic for that). As for the dagger he has: like someone already said, they were bugged the day they were released. When using your coin for a bonus roll, you would get heroic elite loot instead of normal elite loot.

There is no achievement for HC elite protectors. He just has the HC protectors achievement, and credit for killing Kaolen last for another achievement because of the normalmode elite kill they did first week. From that normal kill he got that dagger with the bugged coin thing that was out for a few hours in the US.

Because that person hasn't killed Heroic Elite Protectors.
    His guild killed it in Normal Elite mode, he used a coin and received the Heroic Elite Dagger due to a bug.