Deleted

Is it possible to go in ToES without Shek'zeer kill?

So right now my guild is wipion on Garalon, and we heard that ToES is much easier (especially the first boss)
    Is it possible, for example, for someone with Empress kill to become raid leader for some time and let everyone in?
    In case it's possible: does he have to stay in the raid for the entire raidtime, or can he just leave?
    And the last question: Is it actually worth it?
    Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    So right now my guild is wipion on Garalon, and we heard that ToES is much easier (especially the first boss)
    Is it possible, for example, for someone with Empress kill to become raid leader for some time and let everyone in?
    In case it's possible: does he have to stay in the raid for the entire raidtime, or can he just leave?
    Thanks
    The way I see it, is you gotta do Garalon to do rest of normals anyway, and while Protectors are easier, I dunno if you can clear whole Terrace if you can't clear Garalon ;(

You can have someone who has killed empress to zone in and create your ToES instance. Once the instance is created, pretty much anyone can zone in regardless of whether or not the original leader is still online.

As for difficulty, I'm fairly sure the entirety of ToES is easier than Garalon; at least the pugs that I've joined on my alts who fail at garalon seem to kill stuff in ToES without too many issues.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2012-12-03 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    You can have someone who has killed empress to zone in and creates your ToES instance. Once the instance is created, pretty much anyone can zone in regardless of whether or not the original leader is still in the raid.

As for difficulty, I'm pretty sure the entirety of ToES is easier than Garalon.
    Thank you very much! That is just what i wanted to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    The way I see it, is you gotta do Garalon to do rest of normals anyway, and while Protectors are easier, I dunno if you can clear whole Terrace if you can't clear Garalon ;(
    Can you answer his question tho? My guild just downed windlord and I'm not looking forward to bottle necking on ambershaper

EDIT: Just saw the above, thanks.

It depends on why you are wiping on garalon. mechanics on galaron is harder than most of ToE (in that, i mean everyone, healers tanks and DPS has to do a decent job at doing their role or it could lead to a raid wipe, mostly not touching the purple circle, leaving a good kite trail, and getting hit/not getting hit by by cleave.)

if youre dieing due to lack of healing throughput or dieing to the enrage timer, i would say anything in ToE beyond the first boss is going to be harder for you than garalon.

15+ Year Old Account
    All this talk about instance creation....can you even enter Terrace without clearing Heart of Fear first? I have only killed full Heart of Fear on LFR and I can't enter normal Terrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    Thanks
    I would believe that person has to remain in the raid group though. If he creates the raid and then leaves the group, I am pretty sure you will be unable to zone in after a wipe. Correct me if I am wrong though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    All this talk about instance creation....can you even enter Terrace without clearing Heart of Fear first? I have only killed full Heart of Fear on LFR and I can't enter normal Terrace.
    In order for you to enter Terrace on normal, you must have someone in your raid group that has killed Empress on Normal. LFR -> Normal does not work.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    I would believe that person has to remain in the raid group though. If he creates the raid and then leaves the group, I am pretty sure you will be unable to zone in after a wipe. Correct me if I am wrong though :P
    You are wrong. I opened an id for a friend and he was able to rejoin even after I left. His girlfriend didn't even arrive on time and I was already out of the group before she joined the raid.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-12-03 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    That's what the entire thread is about.. ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post

In order for you to enter Terrace on normal, you must have someone in your raid group that has killed Empress on Normal. LFR -> Normal does not work.
    I think that person has to be raid leader and enter first. After someone else also entered, anyone can enter, and said person can leave.

You can absolutely do this. During Thanksgiving week my normally 25 man guild which was struggling on garalon got 10 people together and cleared HoF which allowed us to go into ToES on monday in 25. The only issue we noticed is being unable to summon people into the instance if their toon didn't have a HoF clear done previously. Doing the hard mode on protectors monday and again tuesday gave a much needed ilvl boost.