Deleted

Playing Holy in Arena?

Hey guys

Im new to holy in arena and wanted some tips having never played healer before and most / all guides being very old.

A primary question I had was how should i be targeting people? So i set part members as focus and heal off that? or are they my main targets, im a bit confused as to how to play overall!

Thanks for any help clearing it up, i dont want to get totally destroyed as soon as i get geared!

Highly suggest using the Blizzard raid frames/addon frames (Grid, etc) and combining that with a mouse-over hotkey mod like Clique. Mouse-over commands keep you from having to click on a nameplate and then click another heal button.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use targeting macros like /target @party1 and so on. Don't use mouse-over or anything like healbot, it's much slower than using targeting macros. You need your mouse to move at all times, not to be sitting in one area of your screen trying to heal.

Deleted
    thanks ive got that setup now, i just wondered with my badge of dominance when do i use it as a healer? to do burst dmg or to do burst healing? Is there a macro i should be using like i have on lock and warrior for dmg?

Deleted
    I'm playing Holy paladin now for around 4-5 years on around 2200-2300 and in my opinion you can use Grid for the party frames and use your focus for classes like mages and warlocks or healings so you can see the CC coming and you can use some focus interrupts/stuns

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmostro View Post
    I'm playing Holy paladin now for around 4-5 years on around 2200-2300 and in my opinion you can use Grid for the party frames and use your focus for classes like mages and warlocks or healings so you can see the CC coming and you can use some focus interrupts/stuns
    how do you use grid? mouse over or just reference?

And then Focus is the caster with the most CC? with focus macros on rebuke and FoJ?

Deleted
    i dont use any of that mouse over stuff. i just click the guy on the grid and toss them a heal. And yea pretty much focus the healer with the most CC, and when your team is going for the kill you can swap to the healer the focus and maybe get some nice focus kicks off. Yes with focus macros on rebuke and FoJ

Deleted
    tried a few games yday and my heals were really lacking,

Is it a case of throwing on holy shock on cooldown, then holy and divine light and then using WoG when on 3+ holy power?

Im a bit confused as most of my heals did 50-60k ish and they could just nuke down my team mate before i could do anything!

Deleted
    indeed try to keep your Holy shock on cd but then use Holy prism that is a decent heal with low cd and good amount of healing. Dont use Holy light the cast is too long for the healing it does. Try Flash of light, it has a short cast and cost abit of mana but the regen as pala is fine. When you get the Holy shock proc use Divine light.
    You only use WoG when you have 3+ holy power or you get the proc. Always keep Beacon on the target that is getting hit, it gives you alot of free holy power when your healing. If they pop cd always use sacrafice to reduce some of the dmg. Ofcourse it helps if you guys are full pvp geared.
    I would also say take the talent in eternal flame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmostro View Post
    indeed try to keep your Holy shock on cd but then use Holy prism that is a decent heal with low cd and good amount of healing. Dont use Holy light the cast is too long for the healing it does. Try Flash of light, it has a short cast and cost abit of mana but the regen as pala is fine. When you get the Holy shock proc use Divine light.
    You only use WoG when you have 3+ holy power or you get the proc. Always keep Beacon on the target that is getting hit, it gives you alot of free holy power when your healing. If they pop cd always use sacrafice to reduce some of the dmg. Ofcourse it helps if you guys are full pvp geared.
    I would also say take the talent in eternal flame.
    thanks for the help so, keep beacon up (im learning in 2v2 so thats simple) use holy shock on my team mate on CD, use prism on CD, use flash of light as my main heal, only cast divine light on proc, never use holy light and on 3+ holy power cast WoG. with sacrifice is that only if they blow CDs on team mate? i guess i cant self cast it anyway, but my team mate asks for BoP normally instead.

How do i approach surviving if they go hard on me? I find myself bubbling in the first 15 seconds on 2v2 games when the arms warrior thats in every comp decides to blow everything on me!

Also i have seen everywhere that eternal flame isnt as good a choice as scared shield?

Deleted
    If the warrior goes hard on you in 2s you need to ask your partner for some peels, also you can use freedom on yourself together with you have a talent that you walk faster and with each holy power you walk even more fast. with this you can make some easy distance, if you have spare globals btw when you get tunneld by melee use crusader strike for a free holy power. If you got a caster going hard on you try to LoS as much as you can and you got devine protection (the 1min cd) use it, it gives 40% magic reduction dmg for 10seconds it really can save lifes. i can't check atm for you cause i'm at work.

There are many people arguing about whats better, but before the patch 5.1 eternal flame was better for rbgs/3v3/5v5 and i'm not sure for 2s. In my opinion is eternal flame still better. You still see allot of high rated holy paladins with eternal flame.