Thread: Darkmoon Eye

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Darkmoon Eye

How rare is this guy exactly? I read on frontpage no one had gotten one so far but... I just got on this morning! :P
    Am I really that lucky? World first maybe? Should I try selling it for copious amounts of gold?

If you're not an obsessive pet collector, I would try selling it. Probably fetch a good 30-100k at this point.

Yes, it is very rare. 3% chance from the bag iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I read on frontpage no one had gotten one so far
    From their sample, anyway. I highly doubt it'll be a world first but either way, Gz!

10+ Year Old Account
    why sell? lol I'd rather have the pet with me so everyone can see it

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Gold > some pet that will lose it's rarity by the end of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of us have things like mini tyrael for that. :P

At the time of the post we had only seen a few thousand people open the bag. We are up to almost 9k now with a 1% drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Gold > some pet that will lose it's rarity by the end of the week.
    Some pet > Gold you can earn quickly anyway and spend on repairs or other useless stuff....

People people...

Some like pets, some like gold.

Personally I like both.. if I get this pet it will be a very hard choice for me to make between selling and keeping.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to sell, now would definitely be the time but personally I'd keep it because it does look pretty badass.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

You guys are bonkers. It has the same droprate as a Porcupette but is only available 7 days a month. And only 1 try a day. Porcupette has many many tries a day once you do all the tamers and has no daily limit.

Porcupette stiill goes for 30k+ on most servers.

I'd sell it.. 100k gold most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Probably because I'd rather sell it and put the gold to good use instead of using it to stoke my ego.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Probably because I'd rather sell it and put the gold to good use instead of using it to stoke my ego.
    Ego stroking is the only appropriate use for gold. Considering vanity items are the only things in this game that last longer than a few months, it makes much more sense to spend it on pets than it does to buy BOEs or whatever else you'd do with a 60k windfall.

I've spent about two million gold on pets and mounts.

The first week something is out is always a good time to sell it. But the darkmoon eye is very rare, and gold is fairly plentiful. Giving something like that up for gold is the kind of decision you later regret.
    Last edited by Crawford; 2012-12-04 at 10:01 AM.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Some pet > Gold you can earn quickly anyway and spend on repairs or other useless stuff....
    So if a pet is worth, say, 10k gold the first week of the patch, but would drop down to 500g a month or so later, you wouldn't take advantage of that? As a collector, wouldn't you see that as an opportunity at least to make a good amount of gold, to afford those other pets you want from the AH?

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Sell it for a bajillion gold now, buy it for 50 copper later when everybody and their mother has it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    So if a pet is worth, say, 10k gold the first week of the patch, but would drop down to 500g a month or so later, you wouldn't take advantage of that? As a collector, wouldn't you see that as an opportunity at least to make a good amount of gold, to afford those other pets you want from the AH?
    This one's got some serious limiting factors. It is a 1% drop from a trainer you can only fight seven days a month, and you have to beat a team of epic level 25 pets to get the bag, so only fairly serious pet battlers can even attempt to get it.

The people paying 10k for vanilla raid pets are the real chumps, since those items are fairly common drops, and anyone who feels like soloing old raids can farm a few up.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Sell it for a bajillion gold now, buy it for 50 copper later when everybody and their mother has it.
    Yeah because everyone will have it eventually (sarcasm). You can do daily 84 times a YEAR, so on average that amounts to you getting 2 pets in one YEAR, if you do the daily every given chance. Considering majority of the playerbase doesn't do the daily, it will remain rare. Possibly more rare than epic pet from STV or darkmoon rabbit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    You guys are bonkers. It has the same droprate as a Porcupette but is only available 7 days a month. And only 1 try a day. Porcupette has many many tries a day once you do all the tamers and has no daily limit.

Porcupette stiill goes for 30k+ on most servers.

We have a winner!

Gratz OP! Am after this little fella myself Haven't seen him yet, nor on any of the realms AH's I play on, Personally I wouldn't sell it I only sell duplicates and being that the Eye seems to be so rare then selling it wouldn't even be an option for me!